No announcement yet.

Cheesecake, Orangejello, and Team Reeve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B, email me this year's photo and I'll post it.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Comment

Cheesecake, I'm proud to know you, if only via the internet
      C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

Comment

Congrats Cheesecake!!!

It's an honor to know you if only through C Care!

Sieg

Comment

You did a great job, Cheesecake! Way to go!!

Comment

Yea! So glad you made it all the way! Glad for you! An awesome goal to set and reach!! Glad for OJ! I know she was watching yesterday and it had to make her feel great!! And glad for everyone routing for you and who will benefit from the funds and awareness you raised.
            BeeBee

Comment

Paula Radcliff

Originally posted by Timaru
              WELL DONE!!!!!!!

No wonder Paula Radcliffe kept looking over her shoulder.
              For awhile Paula Radcliff and I were on 1st Avenue together. I even got to ride with the big guys, the men for the better part of 2 miles before they left me in their dust.

Curt, that photo is from 2005 and not the one I need resized.
              Every day I wake up is a good one

Comment

Originally posted by cheesecake
                For awhile Paula Radcliff and I were on 1st Avenue together.
                UK TV concentrated on Paula for most of her race, which I watched, I must have seen you!

Again congratulations on a fantastic achievement.

Comment

Congratulations Cheesecake ! Great achievement .
                  Every day I wake up is a good one .

Comment

For awhile Paula Radcliff and I were on 1st Avenue together. I even got to ride with the big guys, the men for the better part of 2 miles before they left me in their dust.
                    Were you wearing green? If so, I saw you. Did you hear me yell: THAT'S CHEESCAKE? IT MUST BE!!
                    BeeBee

Comment

Our champ...

[ATTACH]18664[/ATTACH]
                      [ATTACH]18665[/ATTACH]
                      ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Comment

The first photo is of me and my 4 guides at the 25 mile mark. They were the wind beneath my wings, literally.

Karen, front left, Dina, back left, with me the ENTIRE run, Barbara back Right, Mike, front right.

Second photo was of me, crying happy tears with my family in the Achiles finish family corral.

Thank you Chick for comining the photos as well as for helping me resize them. You too Steven.

Below is a note I sent out to family and friends.
                        >Hello everyone~
                        Inquiring minds want to know, Yes I finished the marathon and Yes, I feel great and am in good shape today. We drove home from NYC today after a great dinner party with Henry Stifel the Vice Chairman of the Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation. I slept like a rock last night and woke up incredibly refreshed today. The feeling of completing the Marathon is overwhelming. Special thanks to my four guides, Dina, who was with me from the beginning, Barabara, Karen and my friend Mike D who cheered, harrassed and pushed me at the end of the race. What a wonderful experience. One photo is of me and my "Posse" as we hit the 25th mile mark. I had tears of joy for the last few miles. The crowd is overwhelming and the sheer exhileration of finishing is priceless. I also want to thank Paul, who encouraged and pushed me along the way. He did a wonderful job fundraising for the Foundation and pushed himself to run even after he said "never" to another Marathon. He did it all for the love of family, his mom Marcia.
                        1st picture is of me and guides, last is of me at the family reunification area.
                        Again, thank you all, I feel so blessed.

Best,
                        B~

Go Forward NYC Marathon 2007
                        http://TeamReeve2007.kintera.org/bernadette_m
                        Last edited by cheesecake; 5 Nov 2007, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Got me in tears here, Bernadette. Thanks for your huge effort.

"The world needs dreamers and the world needs doers. But above all, the world needs dreamers who do." Sarah Ban Breathnach
                          Sarah would be proud of you too.
                          get busy living or get busy dying

Comment

Another photo, Mile 24

Someone sent me another photo, obviously I didn't take any.

Comment

I hope you have a 'wall of achievement' at your home and you frame the above picture and put it up there! (No, I don't have a wall .. but then again, I'm just a working stiff - no achievements lol).
                              Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

LOL Lynnifer. I am jus a working stiff too. My kids have award shelves in their house but I don't. I plan to do a shadowbox with my Bib number, medal and photo. I love that you can see for Orangejello in the photo on the handcycle.
                                Try handcycling Lynnifer, you will love it.

Comment

Working...
                                X