Price of Gasoline checkup for October 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price of Gasoline checkup for October 2007

I was inspired by the length of time it takes Curt to pump his own gas, to try and see what the price of gas is throughout the world.

Toronto - October 14

Litre - 95.0 Cents $Can

US gal - $3.42 $US
    equivalent

William

... rolling since 1989

BE NICE!It's free

P.S. ~ I have "handicapabilities"

TWITTER: @MacBerry

I think somewhere around $3.40ish for Premium (I dont like the car KR'ing) in the city of Chicago w/all the wonderful city and county taxes. Subtract maybe .20 or so crossing the border to the suburbs, and less getting out of Cook County. I found it is less shocking to ignore what I'm paying for gas, although occasionally noticing that $50+ on the pump display does get alarming at times. Gotta love that ~33% tax rate on fuel.

Comment

Ninety four point seven cents here in Windsor, Ontario yesterday!
      Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

I think the gasolin price is $2 for a litre. But how much is a gallon? I mean in litre.
        TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

A liter is roughly a quart, so there are approximate 4 liters = 1 gallon.

Here in the USA it is expensive, but no where nearly as expensive as in Europe. In my area (Southern California) the average price for regular was $3.00 this weekend (self-serve).

(KLD)
          The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

I knew you were having cheap gasolin, but I did not know it was so cheap
            And here they want the prices up so the people take the bus instead.
            TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

I just filled up yesterday at the cheapie station not affiliated with any of the big names and it was $2.65 per gallon here. Someone told me a long time ago that unless you had a performance engine cars would run just as well on the cheaper grade, and they seem to be correct, at least for my vehicle.

Comment

Been holding fairly steady here for a change, we topped out this summer very briefly at over $3 a gallon (think I saw 3.29 once) before slowly declining to the present average about 2.44 a gallon. Just saw a price jump at some stations tho - guess some folks are afraid they're not making enouugh Whatever.

More interesting and amusing, I thought was my first sighting of a Honda Fit at the local stop n' rob. Just last night on the way home. Love that car, and knowing its fuel mileage, actually spotting on parked at a pump IS a rare sight indeed! I even joked with the owner about it, he got a real chuckle out of it.

Tom

Comment

In CT I have seen prices from $2.73/gal to $3.03/gal depending upon where you live.
                  "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

Comment

$2.71 is the cheapest here, my corner of SW Florida.

Comment

saturday it was $2.79/ gal. in Macomb, Il

Comment

I saw yesterday Unleaded 10% Ethanol was $2.65 and Diesel was $3.05, this was in East North Central Iowa
                        T8/9 (2-24-06)
                        IOWA

Comment

AAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! $9 a gallon in England and 80% of that is tax (spit).

Comment

how the hell do you afford to go any where over there at those prices?

Comment

Originally posted by Timaru
                              AAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! $9 a gallon in England and 80% of that is tax (spit).
                              LOL, don't forget it is for the global warming
                              TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

Working...
                              X