No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi there,

I'm new in this forum. I moved to Chicago 2ya from Europe with my wife. After my car accident we decided to live in US since this country is more accesible for a wheelchair. I'm still learning english and soon I'll be able to make my dream comes true and get my Private Pilot License. Is anybody out there insterested also in aviation?

Skyhawk

Welcome to CareCure. Good place, good info and lots of good people. Im sure you'll come to really like this forum. Is Europe really that bad w/accesibility? Where in Europe were you? Aviation, I might skydive soon but not into flying.

-Chris
    Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind.

My Myspace

Comment

Welcome. You'll definately grow addicted to this place.

Comment

welcome to cc ,from which european country did you immigrate to chicago?

Comment

Welcome. I have often thought that piloting a plane would be the ultimate in freedom. Welcome to the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by GoTWHeeLs
            Welcome to CareCure. Good place, good info and lots of good people. Im sure you'll come to really like this forum. Is Europe really that bad w/accesibility? Where in Europe were you? Aviation, I might skydive soon but not into flying.

-Chris
            Hi,

I'm from Spain. The country is not wheelchair freindly except Barcelona and Madrid. I don't know about the rest of Europe, just London, and is very accessible. Good luck with skydiving, i bet you you'll like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eileen
              Welcome. I have often thought that piloting a plane would be the ultimate in freedom. Welcome to the forum.
              I agree with you. That's why i'm willing to start flying.

Comment

welcome to the party!
                Injured:10-16-04
                C7/C8, T1 incomplete;

For stalkers convenience:
                Blog:
                http://www.ordealsonwheels.com/
                Facebook:
                http://www.facebook.com/#!/coryssanchez
                Progress:
                http://photobucket.com/albums/b290/swooty/
                My drawings:
                http://kanvases.com/sites/corysanchez/home

Comment

welcome to CC Skyhawk..

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Comment

Originally posted by SKYHAWK
                    Hi,

I'm from Spain. The country is not wheelchair freindly except Barcelona and Madrid. I don't know about the rest of Europe, just London, and is very accessible. Good luck with skydiving, i bet you you'll like it.
                    Are you serious? Many people from Norway leave to Spain because they consider it very wheel chair friendly and then they don't go to Barcelona or Madrid. I just visited Turkey and it was much more wheel chair friendly than Oslo.
                    TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

Hello and welcome, Skyhawk!
                      I fly a Cessna Skylane (although I did learn in a Skyhawk). It's my wife who's the SCI'd in our family, though; I'm AB. Have you started lessons?

Are you familiar with International Wheelchair Aviators?

The Airplane Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA) has forums you can join; there are several disabled pilots there; also a lot of very helpful pilots who would be glad to answer your questions and offer their opinions (in that sense, similar to these CareCure forums). Go to their "medical matters" forum for specifics about piloting as a C-level SCI.

I would think a low wing aircraft would be easiest to enter & exit. My wife hasn't been able to get in our 182 since her injury.

Best of luck with the flying; it's a great way to get your mind off everything else (there's no room for anything else!), and see some really beautiful sights that are otherwise invisible. And it's REALLY FUN!!!

- Richard

Comment

Originally posted by woman from Europe
                        Are you serious? Many people from Norway leave to Spain because they consider it very wheel chair friendly and then they don't go to Barcelona or Madrid. I just visited Turkey and it was much more wheel chair friendly than Oslo.
                        I'm serious. Specially in Southern Spain. There are too many steps everywhere

Comment

welcome! first time i flew in a small plane was after my accident. It was wonderful, really clears your mind. so good luck with that! how do you like chicago?

Comment

Thaks Richard,

Yes, i'm a member or IWA and AOPA and i have a lot of imformation about aviation and disability.I just need to get my medical. Why hasn't your wife been able to get in your cessna. Maybe i can help you

Comment

Hi mimin

I love Chicago. I think it's a great place to visit, very accessible too. Really cold in winter but, you know, nothing is perfect. Are you from Israel?

Comment

Working...
                              X