Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

orangejello

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Yea, OJ, you're really all the way back! Ok, this goes on my list of what I'm thankful for today: "My friend, from Canada, who was very ill for a very long time is back with us and will make a good recovery."

    On the topics of books, have you read "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn"? It's an old late teens classic by Betty Smith. Great look at turn of the last century Brooklyn. Very touching, funny and memoriable. I read it a number of times as a child and just picked it back up and its still great. I need to try the Lemony Snicket series. I've heard stuff about them.

    We're at my Mother-in-laws for Tgiving, so I'll pass you some extra stuffing (yummmm, homemade) with gravey.
    BeeBee

    Comment


      Originally posted by BeeBee
      Yea, OJ, you're really all the way back! Ok, this goes on my list of what I'm thankful for today: "My friend, from Canada, who was very ill for a very long time is back with us and will make a good recovery."

      On the topics of books, have you read "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn"? It's an old late teens classic by Betty Smith. Great look at turn of the last century Brooklyn. Very touching, funny and memoriable. I read it a number of times as a child and just picked it back up and its still great. I need to try the Lemony Snicket series. I've heard stuff about them.

      We're at my Mother-in-laws for Tgiving, so I'll pass you some extra stuffing (yummmm, homemade) with gravey.
      I didn't read that book yet. It sounds good. I will add it to my list. I always like good book suggestions. Thanks. I think you would like Lemony Snicket's books I can't remember the last time I had stuffing and gravy which I really like. Your right home made is the best kind
      Last edited by orangejello; 23 Nov 2007, 12:44 PM.

      Comment


        Originally posted by EAK
        Get well soon OJ. Hope things are getting better and better every day.
        Your name actually reminded me of this song by Boston, hope you like it, probably even heard it.

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqBD_rmIU4A
        I did like it a lot. I haven't heard this song for so long. Thanks

        Comment


          Originally posted by cheesecake
          Thanks Quadvet. The Marathon is on Sunday the 4th, keep me in your thoughts. You can track me online. My bib number is W505.

          Keep pushing OJ, I miss your insightful posts. I have gotten great strenght from you in the past as well as now.
          You are amazing cheesecake. I saw the marathon pictures today. Thanks

          Comment


            Originally posted by orangejello
            Give DC and Mocha a cuddle for me. Some treats too. I missed Canadian Thanksgiving so I will take your turkey. And some of Obie's cabbage rolls. Happy Thanksgiving Kendell and all my other American friends
            DC and Mocha say thank you. Mocha owes you as he has been a very bad boy as of late and shouldn't have gotten treats at all.

            I'm sorry to let you down, but I opted for steak for dinner instead of turkey. I did have stuffing with it , and spiced pumpkin cakes for dessert. Does that make up for the turkey?
            Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
            - Albert Einstein

            Comment


              It's very good to see you're back and up to posting. It has been way too long since we heard from you. I'm glad you've returned and look forward to hearing from you again.
              C2/3 quad since February 20, 1985.

              Comment


                Originally posted by trainman
                It's very good to see you're back and up to posting. It has been way too long since we heard from you. I'm glad you've returned and look forward to hearing from you again.
                Thanks. I hope school and everything is going okay for you.

                Comment


                  Amanda,

                  It's awesome to see you posting again!

                  Chris.
                  Have you ever seen a human heart? It looks like a fist wrapped in blood! Larry in 'Closer', a play by Partick Marber

                  Comment


                    Yeah, hey OJ, I hope your week gets off to a good start and that you are able to post soon.
                    get busy living or get busy dying

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by quadvet
                      Got a smile from that, Amanda. You sound good, told ya it would shine when it shines.
                      hi quadvet
                      im still waiting for it to shine but you are right.One day at a time.

                      How is your puppy? he must be huge now
                      Last edited by orangejello; 26 Nov 2007, 12:51 PM.

                      Comment


                        Hurra - shes back

                        amanda --- you are back! I have missed you.

                        Comment


                          It's soo good to see you back and on the up and up again, Amanda. CC just isn't the same without you. From one cat lover to another, you might enjoy this little "slideshow".

                          http://www.swapmeetdave.com/Humor/Cats/Mouse.htm

                          www.ComicCats.com



                          Keep on posting, Amanda. As you can see, we missed you a lot around here.
                          Step up, stand up for:
                          http://www.stepnow.org

                          'He not busy being born is busy dying." <Bob Dylan>

                          Comment




                            "It was really quite easy to catch"


                            Train your cats to fetch your mouse (oops, you use a laptop, I think) and keep us posted.

                            Get well, Amanda !
                            Step up, stand up for:
                            http://www.stepnow.org

                            'He not busy being born is busy dying." <Bob Dylan>

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by orangejello
                              hi quadvet
                              im still waiting for it to shine but you are right.One day at a time.
                              How is your puppy? he must be huge now
                              hey OJ! Yeah, it'll shine, keep your spirits up.

                              Crockett puppy is dog now, 9 mos and ~70 lbs.. A good buddy.
                              We got a new cat for a friend, too. My youngest daughter got him for me. Sammy is a gray tabby, year old rescue animal. Looks quite a lot like this cat posted by artsyguy:

                              Originally posted by artsyguy1954


                              "It was really quite easy to catch"
                              get busy living or get busy dying

                              Comment


                                I can't remember the last time I had stuffing and gravy which I really like. Your right home made is the best kind
                                Yeah, homemade is best, but Stovetop and Boston Market gravey are a good substitute.
                                BeeBee

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X