Miss Teen South Carolina on Geography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RehabRhino
    And her public humiliation is masking the scary thought that 15 million Americans allegedly can't find their own country on a map
    Last time I checked 20% of 300 million Americans was not 15 million Americans. Mr Teen Manchester I presume?

Chris.
    Have you ever seen a human heart? It looks like a fist wrapped in blood! Larry in 'Closer', a play by Partick Marber

Comment

Originally posted by lynnifer
      LMAO .. how did she get as far as she did in the competition?
      Are you kidding me?!?!?

Given the way she looks, I'm sure I could have an all-day discussion about the ethical and moral implications of the Bush administration's stance on ESCR and I'd find every word that left her mouth... utterly compelling.

Of course, we'd also have to discuss the state of ESCR in Iraq, South Africa and those Asian countries.

Chris.
      Have you ever seen a human heart? It looks like a fist wrapped in blood! Larry in 'Closer', a play by Partick Marber

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion
        Oh, let's all cry for the pretty girl who made herself look dumb on national television.
        I said I feel bad for the girl. Don't exagerrate that out of context.

While we're at it, why don't espouse the virtues of beauty pageants as well, and how the help young women and girls to gain perspective on this cruel world.
        I didn't say a damn thing about supporting beauty pagaents. Being against such things in a general sense doesn't mean that one must be utterly lacking in compassion and not appreciate when a young person freezes on camera and makes a fool of themselves.

Of course, if you insist on condemning her for being young and pretty no one here can stop you.

C.

Comment

LOL what a tard she is, i'd do her in the face.
          Injured:10-16-04
          C7/C8, T1 incomplete;

For stalkers convenience:
          Blog:
          http://www.ordealsonwheels.com/
          Facebook:
          http://www.facebook.com/#!/coryssanchez
          Progress:
          http://photobucket.com/albums/b290/swooty/
          My drawings:
          http://kanvases.com/sites/corysanchez/home

Comment

Originally posted by cspanos
            Last time I checked 20% of 300 million Americans was not 15 million Americans. Mr Teen Manchester I presume?

Chris.
            Ah........I thought she'd said five per cent, not a fifth.......

Busted

But that makes it 60 million! I think
            C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

Comment

How utterly pathetic! I rue the ignorant and inarticulate.

Comment

Many are saying that it is time for a female American president. Would she not be an apt successor to the current US president? "Stay the course, baby!"

BTW - we don't need no stinking maps, we're already here!
                Last edited by Foolish Old; 08-30-2007, 04:15 AM.
                Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Comment

This was sent over CNN International on Tuesday. Gag me with a spoon.
                  "So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer

Comment

Originally posted by 2jazzyjeff
                    Last night on Jimmy Kimmel Live they played it again. He then moved over to a chalkboard that had every word written that she said. He then went thru and tried to make sense of it.... he couldn't. It was just as hilarious as the original babble. Her hometown must be proud.
                    To quote a well known hotel heiress ... "That's hot!"

William

... rolling since 1989

BE NICE!It's free

P.S. ~ I have "handicapabilities"

TWITTER: @MacBerry

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger Racing
                      Of course, if you insist on condemning her for being young and pretty no one here can stop you.
                      Oh, get over yourself already. I didn't condemn her for that. Haha! You're such a hypocrite, again whining because you think someone was making erroneous assumptions about what you said (I wasn't even commenting on anyone's words with my beauty pageant comments, but I won't bother trying to explain my post to you) then making erroneous assumptions about what I said. But that's what we've come to expect from you.

I love how you try to act so compassionate, like we're a bunch of scumbags for laughing at her, lacking compassion. Guess what, I can feel bad for her and laugh at her -- and at the absurdity and irony of a beauty pageant contestant bumbling so badly -- at the same time. I think that's exactly what a lot of us are doing. You can step off your high horse now, Carol. People will be laughing at you if you don't.
                      Last edited by Scorpion; 08-30-2007, 11:47 AM. Reason: A few typos, clarifying a couple sentences

Comment

Originally posted by mr_coffee
                        LOL what a tard she is, i'd do her in the face.
                        LOL! Only if she consented, of course. But I have a feeling she'd let you...such as...given that you're a good looking, young U.S. American and all.

Comment

I thought pagent contestants were grilled over and over with assorted questions proir to a pagent to help with a win and to recover if they get stuck like this girl did. Where is the poise they always claim these pagent participants claim they learn? And what about public speaking for crying out loud!

I go with my initial feeling on this, she screwed up big time and looked stupid. Please, I feel no pity for her choice to enter the contest and compete in all activities involved. Whats really scary is she maybe a role model to some young girl who admires the whole "beauty contestant culture" thing.
                          Pam

Comment

The Dumbing down of America...

Originally posted by artsyguy1954
                            The poor girl shouldn't feel too bad. I mean she isn't the only one in her country. A country where ignorance seems to be a proud tradition.
                            The sad part of this is that this is an intended trend whereby the powers that be are deliberately "dumbing" down America to insure they have enough cheap labor.

This has been going on for years. During the 50's and 60's the U.S. had the best educational system and the highest living standard. Now, a high school graduate can't balance their checkbook or how to find their own hometown on a map.

There just isn't enough money for education. Building new schools and hospitals in Iraq is another matter...
                            Bartski,
                            San Francisco
                            (Somebody wake me up!)

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."
                            Dante

Comment

Originally posted by Bartski
                              The sad part of this is that this is an intended trend whereby the powers that be are deliberately "dumbing" down America to insure they have enough cheap labor.

This has been going on for years. During the 50's and 60's the U.S. had the best educational system and the highest living standard. Now, a high school graduate can't balance their checkbook or how to find their own hometown on a map.

There just isn't enough money for education. Building new schools and hospitals in Iraq is another matter...
                              THAT should have been her answer!

And Pam - good post.

Comment

I watched the eighteen yr old kid make an ass of herself that night. (Blast me for being too cheap to pay for direct tv) She had a great opportunity to win, whatever it is they win on those things, and blew it. I thought it was too bad she froze and screwed it up, but did'nt really feel "sorry" for her.

This week she came on the Today show and was interviewed about the pageant and famous map question. She did a nice job of laughing at herself, admitting her embarrassment, and was given the chance to answer the question again. That, of course, was nicely done, afterall she had plenty of time to think about it and what she'd done on stage.

It was nice of them to give her a chance to come on the show and address her phoobar.

Comment

Working...
                                X