Do you walk in your dreams? Dream Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you walk in your dreams? Dream Discussion

I thought this would be interesting discussion. I have had dreams before where I am walking and it is sooo real. I've also realized that I was dreaming before. (While I was asleep of course :P) I have done that a few times. ANyone else have any wierd dreams like that?

I heard some people dream in black and white. Anyone do that? That is farkin wierd if you ask me. haha How about flying?

Yes, I also have dreams that I'm walking. Then I'll have strange dreams where I'm driving, but I can't push hard enough on the brake to slow the car down fast enough. The car will finally come to a stop, but it takes forever. Dreams are crazy!!!
    T-5 incomplete

Comment

Originally posted by XYNaPSE
      I've also realized that I was dreaming before. (While I was asleep of course :P) I have done that a few times. ANyone else have any wierd dreams like that?
      Those would be lucid dreams, which totally rock. Prior to my injury, I would have lucid dreams most every night, but now I either don't dream or don't remember them.

The times I wake up between midnight and 3am and can't get back to sleep are the closest I come to lucid dreaming anymore. I get into a meditative state that is pretty similar to lucid dreaming.

In those states, I am walking or doing things with my arms and hands (like drawing). Or stretching, or playing basketball, or ... you get the idea.

I don't recall ever flying, though.
      ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Comment

I am a long time lucid dreamer, they are definitely the best virtual experience a person can have... so far.

Sometimes I get some really awesome half-wake half-sleep type things happen. A couple of mornings ago... I was consciously awake, but while my eyes were closed I could see very clearly a field of flowers as if it were right in front of me, but I was actually in my bed in my house. I LOVE THAT!
        Ahhh lucid dreaming... the only way to fly!

Comment

Not sure if astral traveling is the same, but I've done that since I was a kid.

Comment

If Iremember my dreams and I am in my dreams, both of which are rare, I am always walking. Then I wake up and it can be ashock that I can't walk. I thought this might change over time but nearly fourteen years after my accident it is still the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
              Not sure if astral traveling is the same, but I've done that since I was a kid.
              Pat, you mean you astral travel? If so, can you pick your destination?
              Last edited by GRAMMY; 08-10-2011, 01:39 PM.
              http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

Comment

Plenty of walking dreams, flying dreams, other dreams..
                All in color far as I'm aware.

My favorites are musicals.. don't know why.. but I have musical dreams almost like live opera's.
                Rick Brauer or just call me - Mr B

http://www.riseadventures.org

Comment

I rarely remember my dreams, but when I do, I am always walking & looking for my wheelchair which I have somehow misplaced. If not my wheelchair, I am walking looking for a bathroom. I find one but it is at the top of a long flight of stairs. Somehow I find myself at the top of the stairs and when I enter the bathroom, there are rows upon rows of toilets but no privacy walls at all.
                  TM 2004 T12 incomplete

Comment

I had a dream where I was trying to qualify for the Navy Seals. I was doing all these tests...and no one knew I was disabled...! The tests were like, sliding along to tops of desks on your stomach and then sliding to the floor to slide back again.....easy, I was passing with flying colors.

Just before we were going to graduate as full Navy Seals there was a test involving a mud pit and my chair was getting its wheels stuck. I was panicing because some of the officers were starting to see I was having trouble and starting to notice the chair.

I was so bummed out when I failed the course that I woke up.

Comment

I seldom dream but when I do all is well I am walking. Sometime I wish that I dreamed more..........

Comment

Many times I can G. It's a matter of concentrating on it just before going to sleep and trusting that the "walk" is for others not myself; if that makes sense. I didn't realize what it was til I was explaining what was happening while part of a "New Age" growth group. I was surprized that not everyone did it.

My grandmother(Native American) always called it her "walking in dreams", so it was just natural too me.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
                          Many times I can G. It's a matter of concentrating on it just before going to sleep and trusting that the "walk" is for others not myself; if that makes sense. I didn't realize what it was til I was explaining what was happening while part of a "New Age" growth group. I was surprized that not everyone did it.

My grandmother(Native American) always called it her "walking in dreams", so it was just natural too me.
                          I've read tons of information on that Pat. I find it fascinating. Some folks have some extraordinary journeys and can control. I'd never personally known someone that could do the travel. I'd also read that a person could be "trained" for it, but I don't think my brain works that way. LOL
                          I think you either have it...or you don't.
                          http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

Comment

It could be that we just have to open up to it G. The positive in trying or getting guidance from those who do is we get to learn more about our inner self. FOr what it's worth, what really is real. Are we in reality when we are awake or when we sleep and away in dreamland?

Comment

For the first 6 or 8 years post injury, whenever I would dream that I was walking, I would remember that I was crippled, and the walking would change to limping, then using crutches, and finally back in the chair. As time went on, I allowed myself to keep walking in the dreams, and no longer dream of being crippled.

A couple of years ago, i started dreaming that If I ran down slopes with the wind blowing toward me, I could put my arms back in a tracking position (like ski jumpers), and lift off for a few feet then land. As time went by, I perfected the position, and could actually stay aloft for quite awhile if the wind was right. That was really fun
                              Don - Grad Student Emeritus
                              T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Comment

Working...
                              X