Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mac and Me: Wheelchair Scene

I loved this movie when I was a kid.

He's in a Quickie. Just thought I'd mention it.

I liked the movie when I was younger as well. Does anyone know if the kid was/is an actual chair user? The little they showed of his legs look like he might be, at least to me.
    C2/3 quad since February 20, 1985.

Comment

Never saw that movie. It looks pretty good though. I wonder if blockbuster has it for rental.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarcube
        Never saw that movie. It looks pretty good though. I wonder if blockbuster has it for rental.
        a) The little alien guy looks made badly out of rubber; a "cheap toy/doll" look.

b) The IMDB gives (users give, that is) Mac & Me a 2.7 rating.

Enough time wasted on this farce of a flick.
        "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
        J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

Slick "product placement" by Quickie. Now I know why the replacement backrest for my GPV cost $311! Oh and BTW, under normal use my wheel locks usually snap off just after the 2 year warranty has elapsed.

On the upside, I'm sure it's a quaint movie. I give it a 7 out of 10 especially because its soundtrack has a hoppy beat and I can dance to it.

Bob.
          "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

Comment

I was just thinking what a drop that was. Holy crap. Would any para here have the nuts to do that in real life?

Comment

Originally posted by doingtimeonmyass
              I was just thinking what a drop that was. Holy crap. Would any para here have the nuts to do that in real life?
              Hello, it's a movie - that means nobody's got to "do" that drop. And since when are guts or insanity limited to the ab part of the population?
              J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

Originally posted by bob clark
                Slick "product placement" by Quickie. Now I know why the replacement backrest for my GPV cost $311! Oh and BTW, under normal use my wheel locks usually snap off just after the 2 year warranty has elapsed.

On the upside, I'm sure it's a quaint movie. I give it a 7 out of 10 especially because its soundtrack has a hoppy beat and I can dance to it.

Bob.
                Hey Bob, it's nice to see that the Amazon battery ripoff saga has finally been replaced by the (current) tale of misbegotten corporate woe. It's a much better tale and, with its focus on an essential w/c part, more appropriate to the forums.
                J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

Originally posted by trainman
                  I liked the movie when I was younger as well. Does anyone know if the kid was/is an actual chair user? The little they showed of his legs look like he might be, at least to me.
                  Jade Calegory, spina bifida: http://www.jadestudio.net/bio.html

Comment

Originally posted by Juke_spin
                    Hello, it's a movie - that means nobody's got to "do" that drop. And since when are guts or insanity limited to the ab part of the population?
                    I realize that, but there's always that one person in a crowd who will try anything.

Comment

Originally posted by doingtimeonmyass
                      I realize that, but there's always that one person in a crowd who will try anything.
                      Probably me! I love a good hill and since there were no cars at the end of this hill - why not!?

I did finally purchase some gloves so I am more capable of stopping on bigger hills. After almost hitting my truck the other day from almost not stopping I thought I better do something different.
                      "Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today." ~ James Dean
                      http://www.kristi-allen.com

Comment

That clinches it, I'm definitely getting a Mac.

Comment

Originally posted by Juke_spin
                          Hey Bob, it's nice to see that the Amazon battery ripoff saga has finally been replaced by the (current) tale of misbegotten corporate woe. It's a much better tale and, with its focus on an essential w/c part, more appropriate to the forums.
                          Hi Steve,

The Amazon Battery rip-off saga is my favorite because of the treble cost of shipping a $2.50 battery.

I just received another "Statement" from my DME (Advanced Vehicle Modifications) informing me that I owe them another $36.60 for "adjustment". Whatever that is. Nothing on this Statement, Invoice or Bill is itemized. Under "Reference" there are some numbers and the words "medicare" and "adjustment". Under the "Description" column it's just written "Payment"... 9 times. Then there is the "Amount" column listing 11 different amounts. What?

So far they have been paid $2,549.75 for a Quickie GPV ($759 at SpinLife online) and a Jay2 Cushion ($299 I think at SpinLife) from Medicare and me. I personally paid all $36 for an additional cushion cover. An extra cushion cover is considered a "luxury" item so Medicare won't cover a cent of that. But I think that's enough money for Advanced Vehicle Modifications.

Now they want another $36.60 for... hell, I don't know. I guess they expect me to pay on this POS chair forever. It's over a year old now.

Gonna give 'em a call on Thursday or Friday (tomorrow is Dentist day... no, I don't wanna go) and inform them that they've received the last penny that they're gonna get out of me. Fuckin' sue me. But I think I'll call Medicare first and see what they have to say about this type of Statement or Billing procedure. Maybe they can explain it to me in some detail.

Bob.
                          "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

Comment

LOL that kid got owned via a cliff.
                            Injured:10-16-04
                            C7/C8, T1 incomplete;

For stalkers convenience:
                            Blog:
                            http://www.ordealsonwheels.com/
                            Facebook:
                            http://www.facebook.com/#!/coryssanchez
                            Progress:
                            http://photobucket.com/albums/b290/swooty/
                            My drawings:
                            http://kanvases.com/sites/corysanchez/home

Comment

The best part is when the brake snaps. Too freakin' funny.

Comment

Working...
                              X