what do you drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what do you drive?

i miss my powerstroke, but i can't pull myself into one. even if i could, i couldn't justify buying one now that i can't rodeo.
    i bought a 3 door saturn. i never even got controls in it b/c i hate it.
    im thinking of getting a jeep grand cherokee. i can pull myself up, theres plenty of room for my dogs, its not low like a car.
    just wondering what you guys drive, and do you have lifts of just pull yourself in?

This is the thread that covers it exhaustively:

/forum/showthread.php?t=56782
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
    Winston Churchill

Comment

Hey I didnt give up my Powerstorke. I just made a video last night of how I get into it right now. Give me a day or 2 to get it uploaded. I sure get some funny looks from people when they see me get outta that thing. Oh I've found that the newer trucks have a different seat in them that makes them a tad tougher to get in and out of. Like my buddies 06 F350
      T8/9 (2-24-06)
      IOWA

Comment

I have a powerstroke except it's inside an E350 van....

Comment

I almost bought one...It would do about a 13 second 1/4 mile with about 450 hp in a 7.3L diesel
          T8/9 (2-24-06)
          IOWA

Comment

That's what mine is - 7.3 deisel. It's an 03.

Comment

mine was a 99' powerstroke, so it had the 7.3 as well. i was planning on keeping her forever! we rolled many times, and took a nose dive into the ditch. when it was all over, the paramedics had to go over and turn it off....the engine was just purring. i would not want one of the newer ones with the smaller engines...problems and less power.

thanks for all the replies! i didn't realize there was already a thread on it, sorry!

Comment

I had a '99 F350 Powerstroke too before I got hurt. It was an amazing
                truck with all the mods I had done to it. Had it dynoed in Yuma, AZ
                and it was making 1200 ft. lbs of torque at 2700 rpm's. 7.3 was the
                best diesel engine ever.

Comment

You aint a kiddin, We got a leader in 7.3 performance in my hometown, Once they get the bugs out of it, I bet it'll push upwards of 800hp on #2 only. My buddy has over 20k in his 7.3 right now, and it should be close to 650-700 once he gets the bugs worked out too. And mine I just started modding mine. I can't wait to start pulling with it, but I'm gonna need a tranny before too long

Oh btw, we're all sled pullers around here, we need to get our trucks going, the Chevy's are killing us...
                  T8/9 (2-24-06)
                  IOWA

Comment

can i ask why do you americanos drive so big cars, large engines and so on?
                    http://www.facebook.com/ivicamaotze.rod

Comment

Id love to have a powerstroke ,but Ive already got 2 vehicles.
                      67 chevy nova
                      85 toyota( rock crawler)
                      I have handles on the toyota to pull myself up.The pic of my truck isnt the best but you can see the handles.The guy that put my wheel on didnt tourqe the wheel spacers.
                      Last edited by NEWPARA; 1 Feb 2009, 2:02 PM.
                      "Independent from the rest of the sheep"

Comment

Originally posted by Ivica Rod
                        You answered your own question, because we are Americans.

I built houses before I got hurt and that required hauling thousands of pounds of lumber with my truck.

Comment

Originally posted by NEWPARA
                          Id love to have a powerstroke ,but Ive already got 2 vehicles.
                          67 chevy nova
                          85 toyota( rock crawler)
                          I have handles on the toyota to pull myself up.The pic of my truck isnt the best but you can see the handles.The guy that put my wheel on didnt tourqe the wheel spacers.
                          We have a radio ad here from a tire place with the last line being - "We tourque your nuts nice and tight!"

William

... rolling since 1989

BE NICE!It's free

P.S. ~ I have "handicapabilities"

TWITTER: @MacBerry

Comment

Originally posted by Ivica Rod
                            lol! before my accident i hauled horses all over the US. i bought broodmares from other states, went to rodeos all over, etc. i pulled atleast 4 horses all the time. not to mention the usual farm stuff....hauling hay, cattle, etc. a small, sissy engine wouldn't cut it for me.

Comment

he he sissy engine.. in europe 80% of cars are small sissy cars , btw i love US cars !
                              http://www.facebook.com/ivicamaotze.rod

Comment

Working...
                              X