No announcement yet.

do we eat to live?or do we live to eat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do we eat to live?or do we live to eat?

do we eat to live?or do we live to eat?

.. Yes ..
    BeeBee

Comment

- No -
      "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
      J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

Ride On!

Our motorcycle riding group, "Half Fast Motorcycle Riding and Dining Society" had a motto, "Eat To Ride, Ride To Eat." It worked well for us, a little too well fior some of us.

Bloomingly,
        Iris Flowers

You CAN
        Conquer Adversity Now
        You C.A.N.
        Conquer Adversity Now

Comment

stop eating and find out...

Comment

Originally posted by alpentalic
            stop eating and find out...
            hehe alpantalic,i enjoy fluids.lol

Comment

Originally posted by adi chicago
              hehe alpantalic,i enjoy fluids.lol
              now THIS much is certain....live to drink!

Comment

Originally posted by alpentalic
                now THIS much is certain....live to drink!
                without food a human can survive for a long period of time ,but without water kaput very quick.am i right or wrong?

Comment

without food a human can survive for a long period of time ,but without water kaput very quick.am i right or wrong?
                  It depends on lots of factors but the body will shut down faster from dehydration than overall starvation. Depending on conditions the difference may not be very much though.
                  "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
                  J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

and without beer?

Comment

More like I don't like food much but have to eat to stay alive...it sucks...lol... got to watch what I eat which really sucks...

Comment

i think that`s why i am still alive after my injury 2002 [beer is made from water too].lol
                        10 days i did not have any beer [uti treatment antibiotics]...damn i was eating 5 times a day i gain weight around 8 lbs.

Comment

Adi –basically humans are ninety-nine percent food-processing plants, and most of our organs are just prerequisites to facilitate just that. The rest, the one percent, is the part we are so incredible lucky to fool around with sometimes.

Comment

A woman I used to work with used to say this often, "You should eat to live, not live to eat!"

She was thin as a rail but was over 50 years old with straw-laden over-processed hair and wore thigh-highs over tight leggings with wide-collared slinky-material blouses to the office! Nothing wrong with that - if you're in your twenties and don't know any better or you're model-like and therefore apparently unapproachable!!!!

You could make out her pursed thin lips with the bright colours she wore against her aged aghast white unsmooth skin. We're talking creases people, to the lips like your grandmothers. The funny part was that a memo went out from management regarding skimpy office-wear and she chastised us younger ones! A hardier, har-har. Please forgive my skirt length being four inches above my knee .. but remember that I'm sitting down!!! Please reader go look in the mirror and roll your eyes - you just did an impression of me in 1997-98ish after reading that memo. hah!

She was a born again Christian, not that there's anything wrong with that, and she would sit at the front desk of the hospital lobby and reception area, beside said co-worker (that would have been me or some other hapless dolt out of 5 to 8 of us at different times). She would even stare, or become so engrossed, in what she was reading that people would impatiently wait at the window for her to look up and hapless victim (me or et al again) would reach over, pull the window and vocalize an acknowledgment of a person requiring assistance.

Needless to say, she was never well appreciated by anyone but older lonely salivating men who were commitment-phobic but only to her, with their wives at home waiting for them. Her own two sons with wives/girlfriends/children attached denied her. Housekeeping hated her. The nurses wouldn't acknowledge her. Doctors avoided her. Orderlies ignored her. Security and Maintenance laughed at her, fortuntely not to her face. So this meant if you were working with her, you were doing most of the work, save for the unsuspecting public that would grace her presence for the first time.

The greatest things my mother could have given me was her sense of humour and the ability to pick out the good things about people and leave the bad.

This former coworker was a very intelligent person, especially when it came to herbs or holistic living. She would probably give you the skimpy shirt off her back, if you needed it and like you were going to fit into it. She could probably quote you any verse in that bible of hers. She was always supportive of my seeing David at a time when the people I was hanging around with at the time - most of my coworkers then - hated him. (That should have set off red flags that she liked him, but I digress ..)

There's no real point to any of this so I've just wasted precious minutes of your reading time and Rutgers server bandwidth, but ... hey if you're reading one of these off the wall subject line thingies ... why not ramble ...

I have to admit that I felt totally guilty this morning as David and I went from one grocery store to the next seeking out fresh and only fresh basil and sage (they didn't have basil at the first store) so I could make a pork loin with Gordon Ramsey's recipe and a basil pesto sauce by trying my own experimenting recipe. The thought weighed heavily on my mind that there are children who will go possibly all day without food in this world. How lucky we are.

So when I'm sick, yes I eat to live. I swear by fruit and chicken soup.

Otherwise as much as I hate to admit it, we live to eat.

The irony in all this? This former coworker of mine shares the same first name of a woman that my father the former widow re-married two years ago. Life is sneaky sometimes. I refer to her only as step-monster.
                            Last edited by lynnifer; 07-30-2007, 01:12 PM.
                            Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Originally posted by Leif
                              Adi –basically humans are ninety-nine percent food-processing plants, and most of our organs are just prerequisites to facilitate just that. The rest, the one percent, is the part we are so incredible lucky to fool around with sometimes.
                              you are right leif ,but i am a rare specimen...very thirsty all the time.
                              i think that i have a huge sponge instead of a stomach...my mom and sis told me.

Comment

Working...
                              X