Drew Carey Price is right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drew Carey Price is right

NEW YORK -- Genial comic Drew Carey was tapped Monday to replace silver-haired legend Bob Barker on the CBS daytime game show "The Price is Right."
    Carey confirmed the deal during a taping of the "Late Show" with David Letterman.
    The selection attracted more attention than usual for a daytime show because of the prospect of replacing Barker, 83. Barker retired after 35 years in the job last month following taping of his 6,586th episode.
    The opening attracted widespread interest, including from comic Rosie O'Donnell after she left "The View."
    Carey, 49, spent a decade on his own ABC sitcom and also was host of the game show "Whose Line is It Anyway?," a comic improvisational show.
    He will also be host of a new CBS prime-time game show, "The Power of 10," that will air first next month. He told The Associated Press that CBS officials first contacted him about "The Price is Right" immediately after he completed a pilot of the other game show this spring.
    Be yourself!!!
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/vandamnwcbb/
    BMF Sports & LiftWithoutLimits
    Sponsored Athlete
    http://www.bmfsports.com/ATHLETES.php
    www.genegvd.com

Good for Drew. I like him. Would have also liked to see Rosie get the job, but Drew's a good choice too.

Comment

Originally posted by shelley
      Good for Drew. I like him. Would have also liked to see Rosie get the job, but Drew's a good choice too.
      I love ''Who's Line is it Anyway?''
      Be yourself!!!
      http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/vandamnwcbb/
      BMF Sports & LiftWithoutLimits
      Sponsored Athlete
      http://www.bmfsports.com/ATHLETES.php
      www.genegvd.com

Comment

Originally posted by van damn
        I love ''Who's Line is it Anyway?''
        Me too, and the Drew Carey show was great!

Comment

Originally posted by shelley
          Would have also liked to see Rosie get the job,
          If that had of happened, I would never have watched another episode!

Comment

Me neither.

Comment

Originally posted by Patonb
              I know, I know.....a lot of people don't like her, but I do ~ and not ashamed to admit it.

Comment

Yay for Drew! Glad they didn't go with Rosie... too brash for my taste.

Comment

Originally posted by Patonb
                  i couldn't agree more! whew...i'm glad he got it.

Comment

Thank God it wasn't Rosie...

Guess I won't be seeing Drew Carey around my neighborhood that much...I wasn't much of a fan of his...but I had fun watching his childhood house being rebuilt...

Comment

Wow, The Price is Right will never be the same....sad.
                      T-5 incomplete

Comment

11am eastern- The Price is Right is on tv right now...I guess they're showing re-runs? Bob's still doing his thing?

Comment

I like Drew Carey a lot....but this is kind of an odd choice for me. I mean, this is the same guy that wrote "Dirty Jokes and Beer" (still a fav. bathroom read) and makes continuous crude jokes and comments.
                          "Your love is just the antidote when nothing else will cure me" ~Sarah McLachlan

Comment

Working...
                          X