Don't ya just hate.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't ya just hate.....

when it rains you get it twice as bad as a guy on a bicycle?!?!

Sure wish splash guards were an option, LOL
    If the Army & the Navy ever look on heavens scenes, they will see the streets are guarded by United States Marines!

sigpic
    www.jccarolinaformals.com
    www.myspace.com/jccarolina
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/JC-Car...10436735695158

I sure would like to see someone invent a device that would cover the area while my car door is wide open, I pull my chair from the back seat, assemble it, and transfer. By the time I manage to get into the chair, it, me, and my car are a sopping mess!

Comment

SoFla, JC -

A light bulb just came on, hopefully some more enterprising soul can cobble it up - a large umbrella that could somehow be clipped to either the roofline or the top of the car's door while you complete your transfer, etc.

It seems so simple enough in theory I swear I've got to be missing something!

Tom

Comment

It would be nice to have some sort of canopy that pops out of the roof and extends out about 6'. It has to be high enough for an adult to stand under, too.

Comment

A portable, foldable pop out carport!
          T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

It seems so simple enough in theory I swear I've got to be missing something!
            In the area I live we'd need someway to keep the wind from ripping it off the vehical or possibly making a lightweight car airborne.
            T7 MVA 9/12/04

Life is just a collection of memories. - C.W. McCall Aurora Borealis

Comment

Nothing worse than cold rain. I'd take snow over it even. Okay, freezing rain might be worse, lol.

I always slip when pushing my chair or getting in/out of the car in rain - and it seems it's always doing so when I have to leave for work!
              Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Originally posted by 68cougar
                In the area I live we'd need someway to keep the wind from ripping it off the vehical or possibly making a lightweight car airborne.
                That's a fact! I live south of you! (Okay, east too, still too much wind.)
                Blog:
                Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Originally posted by betheny
                  That's a fact! I live south of you! (Okay, east too, still too much wind.)
                  I think that's a problem all over the midwest! Right after I graduated HS a group of us went to D.C. and we spent the whole week praying for wind! The closest thing we found were the trains flying by in the subway.

Betheny, I hope Dingo is doing better!!
                  ~Kristi
                  T7 MVA 9/12/04

Life is just a collection of memories. - C.W. McCall Aurora Borealis

Comment

He is, thank God, and thank you for caring! He's still sleeping a lot but when he's up his tail is again curly. He's back to begging for food so he's def on the mend.

Sure had to clean up some impressive vomit yesterday, good gosh. He ate x amount, hurled x X 2! Not sure how that works, poor thing, thought he was in trouble...
                    Blog:
                    Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

how does one manage driving alone and having a wheelchair??
                      Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. -- John Lennon

Comment

are you wanting to drive?

depending on the vehicle, and the chair, its not hard to learn how to use hand controls.
                        you need to learn how to transfer in and out of the car by yourself, get your chair in and out ok, then your biggest problem is finding parking.

Comment

Well out here on the Oregon coast it rains 60 inch's a year, so you just get used to getting wet. I noticed that my new hand cycle front tire throws alot of water at me as well. There must be some way to put on a front fender
                          T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

Comment

I use a full sized Ford van becasuse I'm an old codger. I keep 3 or 4 ponchos in van, backpack, home, etc. Just flip poncho over your head and over backrest to keep that dry and your good to go. Easy to take off once inside and stow in backpack after drying it out. I used gallon sized ziplock bag to store poncho in backpack. I don't think this system would work well transferring from carseat to chair. Chair and cushion would be soaked before you could effect transfer and if you attempted transfer w poncho partially on you would probably get tangled in poncho mid-transfer.

Comment

i invented an umbrella holder that attaches to the chair, so i can still have coverage when i get in and out. working on one for the car itself tho
                              "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
                              http://www.elportavoz.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X