iPhone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iPhone

Anybody getting one at the end of the week? I want to so bad, but no coverage since I live about 10 miles northeast of nowhere. I might move.

I'm seriously considering it. Waiting for the second generation is probably the best idea but I've had this Samsung SCh I700 for way too long. Every time I get music or videos loaded up into this thing it slows down little by little then crashes.

I'm not thrilled about switching to AT&T. We'll see what happens. I guess it depends on what kind of line there is. The stores are closing down at 430 then re-opening at six. I get off work at four and will head straight over.

Comment

I wanted one really badly when they first began promoting it, then I began to re-think it. 600$ for what's been reviewed as "mediocre" and I already have an iPod and Blackberry Pearl. I, personally, hate having things that everyone else has as some sort of "status symbol". It is just so cliché.

Micha.

Comment

I think it'll be a slick device, but as mentioned, it's $600, a first-gen model, and non-upgradable (only 8gb? come on Apple). I too have a BB Pearl that cost me $130ish & I love it... does everything I need for business use & the platform is stable/proven.

I think the iPhone would be more of a novelty at the moment, plus the hype is getting annoying. I'll prob. change my mind later... time will tell.

Comment

Not that it's a lot cheaper, but isn't there a 4 gig model for $499? I would like some sort of wifi w/ a touch screen. Maybe they'll even make one with a flux capacitor in a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Pruett
            I think it'll be a slick device, but as mentioned, it's $600, a first-gen model, and non-upgradable (only 8gb? come on Apple). I too have a BB Pearl that cost me $130ish & I love it... does everything I need for business use & the platform is stable/proven.

I think the iPhone would be more of a novelty at the moment, plus the hype is getting annoying. I'll prob. change my mind later... time will tell.
            8gb = weaksauce

i'm giving it 6 months or so... cheaper and bugs worked out

hopefully it won't be a new razr
            "All of us are all too stuck strapped to a chair watching our lives blow up..."

Comment

yeah, there's a 4gb model for $100 less, but Apple is touting the phone as a do-all device for music, video, etc... 4-8gb can fill up REAL quick for that kind of stuff... I mean, that's iPod Nano territory. They should've put a CF or SD slot in it, IMO.

the touch screen appears to be quite nice, agreed on that point.

a flux capacitor would be flat out pimp.

Comment

I haven't quite decided. They look sleek, but I've always been sort of behind the times when it comes to technology. I figure the price will have fallen in another 6 months time, no?
                Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Honcho
                  Maybe they'll even make one with a flux capacitor in a few years.
                  What's a flux capacitor?
                  Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by dan_nc
                    What's a flux capacitor?
                    for time travel, duh.

have you not seen back to the future?

Comment

I think the first batch will be full of bugs and mess-ups, but it looks like it's going to be awesome.

Comment

I want one, but no way in h*ll am I willing to ever go back to AT&T Wireless...If Apple ever distributes them to Verizon I'll get it, but until then I'm not willing to ever support a company that outright stole money from my bank acct and to this day is trying to collect a bill I don't owe....
                        'Chelle
                        L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

Comment

Originally posted by dan_nc
                          I haven't quite decided. They look sleek, but I've always been sort of behind the times when it comes to technology. I figure the price will have fallen in another 6 months time, no?
                          Look For Early iPhone Price Cuts
                          Apple Has Plenty of Room to Cut Retail Price

January 19, 2007
                          • Look For Early iPhone Price Cuts

Would you pay $499 for Apple's new iPhone? Apple is betting you will, but if not the computer maker has plenty of room to make you a deal. In fact, iSuppli, a market research firm, predicts Apple will quickly cut iPhone's price.

The reason is simple. According to iSuppli, Apple will take advantage of the "must-have" buzz surrounding its new gadget to try and get at least $499 for it, but would have a 50 percent gross profit margin at that price. Price cuts, they say, are inevitable.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2007/01/iphone_price.html

Comment

It sounds cool, but I'd probably break it with that touch screen. My Motorola makes a nice hammer or door stop and keeps working, I'm keeping it.

Comment

Originally posted by Broknwing
                              If Apple ever distributes them to Verizon I'll get it,
                              I think I read somewhere that they won't be unlockable (legally anyway) for 5 years.

The prices will go down I'm sure, but I still want one.

Comment

Working...
                              X