Why are "pro life" people "anti condom?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are "pro life" people "anti condom?"

There are a certain set of people I know .... they are " pro life." They believe with all their heart that life begins at conception.

"Great!" I tell them. "Let's make condoms freely available to everyone!"

Then I get the

It's a pretty simple answer, right? Want to not abort conceived life? Then don't conceive! What is the argument against giving out condoms?

Not to mention the sickos that blow up abortion clinics...

They're fucked up in ideology.

Comment

Hell, if I were a parent of a 12 year old guy or girl, I'd make sure they didnt' leave the house each day without the ole condominium. And when my kid started studying Woodroe Wilson? I'd tell him " Just don't forget your rain coat boy! Pork yourself blue!"

They worst he'd get is the kissing disease.

Comment

I think only some religions are anti-condom.

You know "every sperm is sacred!"

I think the RC Church is still is...um not sure of others.
        And the truth shall set you free.

Comment

Joe, every time you masturbate, you murder over a billion people.

Comment

As Bill Hicks would've said "I've wiped entire civilizations encrusted around my navel...with a grey tube sock".

Comment

Jake,
              That's what I don't get about some pro choice groups. Why not prevent pregnancy? Don't you think if we didn't make birth control such a taboo that the abortion rate would go way down. That is what I think anyway.

Comment

I have saved countless lives over the past four years my friend.

<Except for the past two months!!!>
                And the truth shall set you free.

Comment

I am catholic...so I grew up with these teachings. Let me first say I DO NOT believe in these teachings. I would not want to have people think I do. That being said, the Catholic church believes that sex only has one purpose, and that is to create life. Therefore, to use anything that will prevent that purpose is wrong. There is no such thing as sex for the fun of it, or wanting to show another how much you love someone, or just a quickie. All sex is for the purpose of creating life.

Just thought I would let you know. Again...I do not believe this theory, as well as other theories that were preached to me growing up, but I do remember this one, as this was one of their hot topics.
                  "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

Comment

bla

These teachings are in place to help preserve a Majority of Catholics in the world.

Like IM SURE a couple is simply JUST going to have sex when they want to spawn...give me a friggin break.

Originally posted by wheeliecoach
                    I am catholic...so I grew up with these teachings. Let me first say I DO NOT believe in these teachings. I would not want to have people think I do. That being said, the Catholic church believes that sex only has one purpose, and that is to create life. Therefore, to use anything that will prevent that purpose is wrong. There is no such thing as sex for the fun of it, or wanting to show another how much you love someone, or just a quickie. All sex is for the purpose of creating life.

Just thought I would let you know. Again...I do not believe this theory, as well as other theories that were preached to me growing up, but I do remember this one, as this was one of their hot topics.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeHalsted
                      These teachings are in place to help preserve a Majority of Catholics in the world.

Like IM SURE a couple is simply JUST going to have sex when they want to spawn...give me a friggin break.
                      Yup...I agree...like I said though...I do not agree with it...but I thought I would post this belief so that others may have some sort of idea. I personally find many things wrong with this belief and many others, which is why I am not practicing the Catholic faith anymore.
                      "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

Comment

Dammit Jake, if you keep raggin' on Catholics like me, I'm gonna have to take up drinkin' more often. Fortunately, my diabetes notwithstanding, I can swill as much as need be in good conscience, what about you?

Tom

BTW I think this should be moved to the politics forum before long.

Comment

I think you may have missed the point. These religious groups are worried about sex before marriage. If you don't agree with waiting then obviously condoms would be perfect for you.

Comment

I was raised a strict Catholic and birth control wasn't allow in a marriage...My mom used the "rhythm" method and she says that's how me and my brothers came to be...The rhythm method was to prevent pregrancies...so why am I here...lol...It didn't work for my mom at all...
                            In my neighborhood, we had alot of "shot gun" weddings and nine pound preemies babies...lol...
                            The only fun thing I did with a condom was to fill it with water and drop it off a tall building...They make great water balloons...

Comment

yeah, most pro-lifers are NOT anti- birth control. Catholicism is the only sect that I'm aware of that has this stance.

Comment

Working...
                              X