do you belive in miracles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do you belive in miracles?if yes why?if no why?
    i `ve heard of a miracle man from brasil called john of god.
    what do you think is a scam or not?

João Teixeira de Faria
    "arguably the most powerful unconscious medium alive today"
    "João Teixeira heals no one. God heals."

João Teixeira de Faria, commonly referred to as John of God or João de Deus, is arguably the most powerful unconscious medium alive today and is possibly the best-known healer of the past 2000 years. It is estimated that he has treated, either directly or indirectly, in the order of 15 million people during the past 40 years.

João is a humble man who is very clear about one thing: he is not the healer - God is.
    for more info google john of god.
    Last edited by adi chicago; 18 May 2007, 1:00 PM.

Yes I believe do, but I don't know why some people are healed and some are not and I wouldn’t try to figure it out either. I am personally waiting for miracle and it may happen before Christ returns, but it definitely will happen when Christ returns. So I win either way.

I have seen miracles happen, so I know they can. When they happen and why they don’t sometimes, that I don't know.

StevieP

Comment

Adi, I believe life is a miracle. Seeing my son, Nick, and grandbaby, Isis, is seeing a miracle. Being alive after my accident is a miracle. Just the fact that I am here after all this time and all these health problems tell me that there are miracles. There are so many things in life that to me are miracles.

Raven
      Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. ~Victor Hugo~

A warrior is not one who always wins,
      but one who keeps on fighting to the end ~ Unknown ~

Comment

Dateline did quite an extensive piece on John of God ... I didn't see anything that convinced me.
        Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

here is a link from abc and discovery channel.
          i am confused .....can this be possible?
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CiSMWorqWA
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyA-mkOrye8

Comment

Originally posted by adi chicago
            do you belive in miracles?if yes why?if no why?
            no because i never saw one and too much unnecessary suffering.
            get busy living or get busy dying

Comment

Here's one I borrowed from Shakespeare for use in another thread, it answers this one perfectlly..........

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

To which I reply - BOLLOCKS!

Comment

Aw Jonathan we're going to have to polish up that cynical side of you .... its a tad tarnished ..

We are surrounded by miracles .... most of which we don't recognize except in retrospect and in context .....

Obieone
                ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
                Jane Siberry

Comment

No, I don't believe in miracles because I do not believe it is any god. But I believe some people have a special energi to heal but that has not got any thing to do with god.
                  TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

[quote=woman from Europe]But I believe some people have a special energi to heal but

woman from Europe

You deffantaly got the last part of your quoet right.

StevieP
                    Gal 2:20

Comment

Originally posted by Raven
                      Adi, I believe life is a miracle. Seeing my son, Nick, and grandbaby, Isis, is seeing a miracle. Being alive after my accident is a miracle. Just the fact that I am here after all this time and all these health problems tell me that there are miracles. There are so many things in life that to me are miracles.

Raven
                      I agree, life is a miracle. Define miracle? Miracles to me are what's quoted here.......Oh, and the USA Hockey teams Miracle on Ice in 1980.

Being agnostic, I've never seen any of these yahoos do anything that hasn't been proven false. Read about "The Amazing Randi", he's exposed all these faith healers for what they are.......Fake! I consider these so called faith healers as sicko's, feeding on the weak.

Comment

i've seen some miracle shots in my day. even made a couple.
                        http://www.dsportsman.com

Comment

Not a prayer!

Comment

Originally posted by Raven
                            I believe life is a miracle.
                            Doesn't using the term this way sort of take the "miraculous" out of miracles? Doesn't it make the things that really are special less special if you claim that EVERYTHING is special?

C.

Comment

i agree life is a miracle.[for healthy and wealthy persons].

Comment

Working...
                              X