virtual life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

virtual life

after my injury my life changed a lot....i feel like i live a virtual life .
    what about you my friends?

ya know ADI?????? you got it bout right, ha, ha. you're one funny fella. i bet you'd be a hoot to hang out with. bats an all......

Comment

my life feels pretty real......... I really have things I need to do, I really have deadlines to meet, and from time to time I really piss my pants. It's different allright, but it seems to me it's hard to escape the reality of the situation.

Comment

i don't feel like i'm in a vr life but sometimes feel like i'm in storage

Comment

I think I'm with Zaphod. And JAD, whom I can't guess how to abbreviate (forgive my presumption) I see the looming threat of tragic, that life ever will be only about managing, that I'll never get to the living part. I know I will get past that, but I have to be ever vigilant, and I'm still too far away, and the sprint of time dizzies and scares me.

It's a daily thing. My certainty that I will prevail is usally more--viscerally and authentically--sanguine (if that indeed is the word I remember learning meant cheerful and optimistic). It's something i just know, and it's always been true. Sorry, I'm too tired to say anything tha makes sense or that might matter to anyone.

Zaphod, did you ever get my aopology on this front?

Oh, and if it all were virtal, I woud just edit it..

Comment

I'm with singin' on this one.

If my life were strictly virtual, I'd so get a do over, would major league edit.

Comment

Originally posted by justadildo
              i don't feel like i'm in a vr life but sometimes feel like i'm in storage
              Well try to wriggle out from under that maxiblimped momma you've adopted in your avatar before you're up for permanent long-term storage, huh, justa?
              "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
              J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

if i were in a virtual life, it sure wouldn't look like this...

Comment

Originally posted by singin_intherain
                  I think I'm with Zaphod. And JAD, whom I can't guess how to abbreviate (forgive my presumption) I see the looming threat of tragic, that life ever will be only about managing, that I'll never get to the living part. I know I will get past that, but I have to be ever vigilant, and I'm still too far away, and the sprint of time dizzies and scares me.

It's a daily thing. My certainty that I will prevail is usally more--viscerally and authentically--sanguine (if that indeed is the word I remember learning meant cheerful and optimistic). It's something i just know, and it's always been true. Sorry, I'm too tired to say anything tha makes sense or that might matter to anyone.

Zaphod, did you ever get my aopology on this front?

Oh, and if it all were virtal, I woud just edit it..
                  I did, and it was unneccesary. Watever conflict there may have been is water under the bridge now . I'm sorry yoou didn't get any acknowledgement of it till now. I did post in the thread you started wondering where I was about it some time ago.

Comment

ADI old friend, you have GOT to get out of the house. Just go outside and roll down the street. STAY outside for a while. do this EVERY STINKING DAY.
                    I don't care what ya think now, SMALL steps are how you start changing things. Like a funny movie said with Bill Murray chasing a Psychiatrist....
                    BABY STEPS
                    YOU have got to BE THE MAN,, ain't nobody gonna change it for you.
                    I know what I'm talking about.
                    Get up and in your chair and go outside soon as you read this. Even if you set there and shit your pants, no one is gonna kill ya for it. Doesn't matter what anyone says or thinks. You look right past them.
                    Get up and go.

If I could, I come over there and set with ya wearing a big ol smelly diaper full of crap with pee running out the back of my chair, JUST so you would know they ain't looking at ya!
                    Get up and start LIVING buddy.
                    Remember boot camp?
                    How did ya make it then?
                    You said if all these momma's boys can do it who went before me, I SURELY CAN.
                    Well, this momma's boy is going outsidfe pronto. I hope you follow me. Cya inside later today. Tell me what ya did.
                    John
                    Last edited by CapnGimp; 14 May 2007, 1:15 PM.

https://www.facebook.com/john.baxter.1213986

Comment

Originally posted by CapnGimp
                      ADI old friend, you have GOT to get out of the house. Just go outside and roll down the street. STAY outside for a while. do this EVERY STINKING DAY.
                      I don't care what ya think now, SMALL steps are how you start changing things. Like a funny movie said with Bill Murray chasing a Psychiatrist....
                      BABY STEPS
                      YOU have got to BE THE MAN,, ain't nobody gonna change it for you.
                      I know what I'm talking about.
                      Get up and in your chair and go outside soon as you read this. Even if you set there and shit your pants, no one is gonna kill ya for it. Doesn't matter what anyone says or thinks. You look right past them.
                      Get up and go.

If I could, I come over there and set with ya wearing a big ol smelly diaper full of crap with pee running out the back of my chair, JUST so you would know they ain't looking at ya!
                      Get up and start LIVING buddy.
                      Remember boot camp?
                      How did ya make it then?
                      You said if all these momma's boys can do it who went before me, I SURELY CAN.
                      Well, this momma's boy is going outsidfe pronto. I hope you follow me. Cya inside later today. Tell me what ya did.
                      John
                      best advice I've heard in a long time.... it is hotter than hell, but I'm goin out
                      "All of us are all too stuck strapped to a chair watching our lives blow up..."

Comment

John, I’ve been appreciating your exhortation for weeks.

It strikes me today--how about suspended animation? That captures my hopes for re-animation in a post- George Bush world.

Comment

thank you capn i followed your advice ....next week my older brother will come to visit me [300 miles away]he has a car and he promised me ..we will go fishing ...i will post pics.
                          here is a pic of me and my mom garden 3 days ago.

Comment

Yaaaaaa Go Adi .. Go Adi .. !! I don't know which is prettier you or the fleurs ...... good to see you finally "outed" yourself ...(gosh I crack myself up )

Obieone
                            P.S. You're kindof a hunk of burning love young man ... too bad I'm old enough to be your Mama .... oh yeah ... and a married lady !
                            ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
                            Jane Siberry

Comment

Working...
                            X