Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorta freaky

Take a look at this ad.

Does this guys hand look like he has four joints per finger, or is it just my eyes playing tricks? The hands look real enough, but I guess anything could be modified by computer.
    "So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer

They do look rather loooong.
    sigpic

Stay safe my son. See you around thanksgiving!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike C
      Does this guys hand look like he has four joints per finger, or is it just my eyes playing tricks?
      I think you're seeing the heart line or the head line in the palm of the hand where it extends up to the edge, underneath the index finger. And the guy looks like he has really long fingers.

C.

Comment

Fuck all, those fingers are cgi modified and each has got four joint-lines. Why they've done it is beyond me.
        "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
        J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

Nah, his hands are pretty ordinary - just long fingered. My fingers look like that too. Want me to scan 'em to show ya?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeannette
            Nah, his hands are pretty ordinary - just long fingered. My fingers look like that too. Want me to scan 'em to show ya?
            I challenge you to do so and demonstrate your claim; the three hands that go up left to right are freaky over-jointed while the last one (far right) is just long fingered.
            J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

do you read german?

Comment

That persons fingers are a bit longer and their hands are a bit less fatty than mine so his/her skin hangs a bit looser.

Not everyone has that third line at the joint, but it's pretty common.

Comparison:

Comment

Of course, while we're on the subject of fingers, my husband syas I'm not a good comparison because I have freaky fingers. He says anyone who can do this is totally abnormal.

I don't believe him

Comment

Sure; your hands are flexible, long fingered and maybe even double jointed but I'd have to see the hands in the animated sequence in-the-flesh to believe them. Your hands are believeable; the ad hands are not. The fingers, if they are real and loose skinned, are longer that the pad of the hand. They'ed go just fine on ET or one of his cousins but on an earth-type humam, human type, nnnnoooooooooo! Way freaky. What, did his momma eat some thalidamide or sumpin?
                    J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

Heh, well, I will admit he (or she) takes the cake with long-fingeredness.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeannette
                        Heh, well, I will admit he (or she) takes the cake with long-fingeredness.
                        On that score you could say they could eat their cake and have it too.
                        J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

If you look at each finger on top, there seems to be an extra crease between the tip of the finger and the first obvious joint. I´m leaning toward CGI, but if it isn´t, this dude must have some scary feet as well. Probably could climb trees real easy as a kid...betcha they called him monkey man.
                          "So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer

Comment

I put my (large) screen at a low resolution, and on some fingers the tip is a bit angled to the sides (as if they've been broken) and the pad of his fingers are raised in a couple of spots, but his hands really do look pretty normal to me.

Comment

Working...
                            X