No announcement yet.

A Thread to bitch and complain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yesterday the brakes locked on my van and even caused it to catch fire a little bit. My nine year old thought my van was going to explode, and rushed to pull the ramp down to get me out. It's not fair that he has more PTSD than I do since the accident. He told me it's his job to take care of me. My nine-year-old believes that... it breaks my heart.

Comment

He should make you feel proud Anban. I bet he will grow up to be a very caring and considerate young man and also now his priorities.

Comment

Originally posted by anban View Post
        Yesterday the brakes locked on my van and even caused it to catch fire a little bit. My nine year old thought my van was going to explode, and rushed to pull the ramp down to get me out. It's not fair that he has more PTSD than I do since the accident. He told me it's his job to take care of me. My nine-year-old believes that... it breaks my heart.
        This brought a tear to my eye for sure, partly because my son is exactly the same way. He just turned seven when I got home from rehab. One night he couldn't sleep: He was beating himself up for not having been there to catch me when I fell.

Comment

Ouch Ashley-literally! I hope you had fun though, of course, up until the infection. I've thought of giving it a try, I wanna get back in the water again. How'd it go.

Anban, how scary! I hate you feel your injury has overwhelmed your kids so much. I grew up thinking the same thing about my mom, that I needed to take care of her. It absolutely molded me & I never was really traumatized. It made me feel like a proud big girl to help out too(from 4yrs. old on). I doubt your disability is in any way as burdonsome & overwhelming to them as I'm sure it feels. I'm sure it feels pretty damn tough though.

Comment

Oh, keps..thanks for remembering my bum. Looking better. Glad yours is too.

Where else could people understand & be so interested in butt woes?!

Comment

Well, I just got back from the Lake of the Ozarks. This is our annual all adult weekend. There was 21 of us this year in the Lake Mansion. Had the usual fun partying, drinking, and boating. What makes me the most upset is the drama. A couple who are good friends of me and my wife are going through a tough time putting together there broken marriage. They did get into a small tiff but went off on there own inside and spent alot of the afternoon inside. Well, the other couples thought that was rude and then decided to not invite them back next year. I am so done with tht crap. I am thinking I am not going next year if people are going to be so shallow.

Comment

Originally posted by quad79 View Post
                Ouch Ashley-literally! I hope you had fun though, of course, up until the infection. I've thought of giving it a try, I wanna get back in the water again. How'd it go.
                Other than the infection it was a blast! They made sure i could flip myself over in the water if i was face down (good idea!) and i did right away. Then helped me into the lake and onto the ski. I held onto my seat with the rope tied to my ski instead of holding it with my arms. With my crap grip i didnt want to try to mess with it. I didn't fall out once! They all said i had great balance for a newbie Man was I sore for a few days afterwards though, i was not used to holding on for dear life so long! I would definitely recommend it though, it was really great to feel the wind hitting me and being out on the water by myself.
                Courage, it would seem, is nothing less than the power to overcome danger, misfortune, fear, injustice, while continuing to affirm inwardly that life with all its sorrows is good; that everything is meaningful even if in a sense beyond our understanding; and that there is always tomorrow.
                -Dorothy Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by TMAZ View Post
                  Well, I just got back from the Lake of the Ozarks. This is our annual all adult weekend. There was 21 of us this year in the Lake Mansion. Had the usual fun partying, drinking, and boating. What makes me the most upset is the drama. A couple who are good friends of me and my wife are going through a tough time putting together there broken marriage. They did get into a small tiff but went off on there own inside and spent alot of the afternoon inside. Well, the other couples thought that was rude and then decided to not invite them back next year. I am so done with tht crap. I am thinking I am not going next year if people are going to be so shallow.
                  ahh i hate the drama too...seems like theres always some down at the lake! some people never change unfortunately and the high-school bs never wears off
                  Courage, it would seem, is nothing less than the power to overcome danger, misfortune, fear, injustice, while continuing to affirm inwardly that life with all its sorrows is good; that everything is meaningful even if in a sense beyond our understanding; and that there is always tomorrow.
                  -Dorothy Thompson

Comment

Trying to keep the drama to a gentle roar!
                    Pain in my belly and back. I mean real pain, not some namby pamby stuff. Not taking anything for it.
                    Need to get my bowels going again (started using psyllium husks, magnesium supplement). Still have financial stress- hope to have a more manageable life, some day.
                    A friend is helping me redo my power chair. It's how I get around on my hillside property. But, it's in pieces on his living room floor! "Those are my legs, over there".
                    I need the power chair to try working for an organic vegetable farmer, next week. I'll be preparing shallots and garlic for market. Hopefully my joints, muscles etc. will be able to handle the work.
                    Rich

Comment

Van broke. Can't get it in the shop until Monday. This widowhood shit is not working out for me.
                      Blog:
                      Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Just found out box for power chair not in YET. Been in shop 2 weeks-will be 2 weeks tomorrow without it. Dear Dave getting depressed.
                        I ordered a birdcage last Friday night and it came on Wed. Why does it take a f#cking part that is desperately needed so long!!??
                        I'm worried he will get skin sores in the contraption we are renting.

Comment

So sorry, Rich..sounds horrible, except for the farming deal. I hope the pc helps you accomplish the tasks!

Originally posted by pararich View Post
                          Trying to keep the drama to a gentle roar!
                          Pain in my belly and back. I mean real pain, not some namby pamby stuff. Not taking anything for it.
                          Need to get my bowels going again (started using psyllium husks, magnesium supplement). Still have financial stress- hope to have a more manageable life, some day.
                          A friend is helping me redo my power chair. It's how I get around on my hillside property. But, it's in pieces on his living room floor! "Those are my legs, over there".
                          I need the power chair to try working for an organic vegetable farmer, next week. I'll be preparing shallots and garlic for market. Hopefully my joints, muscles etc. will be able to handle the work.

Comment

Poor Dave! I have maxjor meltdowns whenever my chair or van breaks down. I wish these people realized what lifelines are chairs are.

Originally posted by LindaT View Post
                            Just found out box for power chair not in YET. Been in shop 2 weeks-will be 2 weeks tomorrow without it. Dear Dave getting depressed.
                            I ordered a birdcage last Friday night and it came on Wed. Why does it take a f#cking part that is desperately needed so long!!??
                            I'm worried he will get skin sores in the contraption we are renting.

Comment

Originally posted by TMAZ View Post
                              Adult stage childish behavior is a nag. Geez, how dare they try to work on their marriage...sounds like great supportive friends there!

Comment

So glad it worked for you Ashley. It's on my bucket list. Sometimes I get too scared of breaking my neck worse by being adventurous. I'm sure you being your skinny little self made it so easy! I bet you did hurt though.

Comment

Working...
                                X