A Thread to bitch and complain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by keps
    Lol Todd "good emptying"!. Thanks for that.
    I think I really am full of poo, as I've been having terrible stomach ache lately (er, but I can't feel my stomach...). Feels like cramps.

I'm still full of it at the moment. I'm too worried to go out for a few days, as I'm concerned starting taking lactulose might make my bowels explode while I'm out (I'm not used to lactulose and how it might affect me).

Pararich - hope you're unblocked now?!

Juke - don't be a bitch. I'm gonna try some tea soon - promise. Despite my sometimes joking posts on CC over the last few weeks, I've felt like I'm in a nightmare. Hours of agony most days, and little appetite and nausea...I just wanted to wait until I could enjoy things more.
    I suppose what we have going for the UK health system(NHS) is that we are not going to be hit for bills no matter how much medical care we get.
    But yeah, the waits can be awful. I'm still waiting to get an appt for the scan on my gall bladder.
    Keps,
    I met this friend at a health food store, yesterday.
    I ordered a mean green salad and some kind of green smoothie.
    I went to dinner at an old coworkers house.
    Their four kids were bonkers. Anyway, they changed their little boy's diaper and it stank. Unfortunately, it continued to stink even after the boy left. As I transferred into my car, I could smell poop.

At home I got ready for my bowel routine. It was me. Shit! All those veggies must have freed things up.
    Rich

Comment

Originally posted by pararich
      Keps,
      I met this friend at a health food store, yesterday.
      I ordered a mean green salad and some kind of green smoothie.
      I went to dinner at an old coworkers house.
      Their four kids were bonkers. Anyway, they changed their little boy's diaper and it stank. Unfortunately, it continued to stink even after the boy left. As I transferred into my car, I could smell poop.

At home I got ready for my bowel routine. It was me. Shit! All those veggies must have freed things up.
      Sorry for late reply, but - groooooo.
      Ewww "green smoothie" makes me think of, well, snot.

I think I'm still full of poo.

My head's banging and my stomach is bad.
      And I'm having to pee every five minutes (like right in the middle of trying to moan here) because my effing bladder is making me dysreflexic when I have only about 250 mls in there.
      I peed the bed last night (woke up to awful headache, but didn't realize there was pee until some time later).

I think I've bitched and complained enough now.

Comment

Keps,
        I've been peeing myself this week.
        Like you needed to know that.
        My butt is aching like crazy. I guess I should have taken the additional 2 neurontin pills through the day ( I took one this morning).
        How are you feeling, these days?
        Rich

Comment

Give these people a try Keps....

Comment

I'm diving into the bitchin' pool:

- My broken and DVT'd leg is so swollen and stiff I can barely transfer.

- I'm wading in the acid pond, but taking more neurontin than I'm already on makes me stupid.

- I need a shower but I just don't feel like it, too much effort.

- I accidentally deleted 2/3 of my iTunes library because a spasm kicked me forward and I hit the wrong button.

Comment

Well that sucks!!! I hope you feel better soon and the DVT heals.

I wanna bitch too!!!!

I found pictures of my daughter with her ex-boyfriend who treated her like shit and hit her.....They supposedly broke up last year but the pictures were dated this May. I cant believe she would be so stupid!!!! Of course she knows it all at 18!!!!!
              T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Last year I went through a flap surgery on my back, now I have a spot on my butt, two sores on my right foot, one sore on my left foot, I've been in the same four walls for about two years now and I'm going crazy! Cuckoo Loco in la cabesa
                Cripp
                C4 incomplete since 1985

Comment

I took care of a guy in my lab who got all wonky and his heart rate dropped and he coughed on me and now I have a sore throat and am all gunky.

ack
                  1FineSpineRN

Comment

Originally posted by Duramater
                    I took care of a guy in my lab who got all wonky and his heart rate dropped and he coughed on me and now I have a sore throat and am all gunky.

ack
                    "No good deed goes unpunished." Don't seem fair but you probably did right/good. Hey, "Virtue is its own reward."

I'm just all clichéd up today, ain't I?
                    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
                    J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

Originally posted by Juke_spin
                      "No good deed goes unpunished." Don't seem fair but you probably did right/good. Hey, "Virtue is its own reward."

I'm just all clichéd up today, ain't I?
                      Snort, cough, sputter..yup. Is it still a good deed since I got paid??
                      1FineSpineRN

Comment

I had to go to my mother-in-law's today, all was good till she started bollocking me and my hubby because we smoke

I need my vices gawd damn it!
                        There are no such things as incurables; there are only things for which man has not found a cure.

Comment

Originally posted by Duramater
                          Snort, cough, sputter..yup. Is it still a good deed since I got paid??
                          No, I forgot you're a nurse. Probably your fault you tricky vixen, you.
                          "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
                          J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

Originally posted by pararich
                            Keps,
                            I've been peeing myself this week.
                            Like you needed to know that.
                            My butt is aching like crazy. I guess I should have taken the additional 2 neurontin pills through the day ( I took one this morning).
                            How are you feeling, these days?
                            Lol, hey, I don't mind knowing that.
                            I've had weeks like that...not nice. No fun wetting all soft furnishings plus most of your wardrobe, huh?

My butt is fine...it's my side that is hurting. Best word to describe it: AGONY.

Comment

Okay, so it's been a drought almost all Summer. Damn rain keeps coming in while we tried pouring concrete... finally got that done. I know we need it and all, but now it keeps coming up a ''gully washer'' before I can get sod and some landscaping done. Ga. clay keeps washing onto the concrete too.. I know, I know... work faster!!! I am....

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Comment

Originally posted by keps
                                Lol, hey, I don't mind knowing that.
                                I've had weeks like that...not nice. No fun wetting all soft furnishings plus most of your wardrobe, huh?

My butt is fine...it's my side that is hurting. Best word to describe it: AGONY.
                                Hi Karen,

When I would get a bad UTI I would get a pain in my right side side, in the liver area. And I would take an antibiotic and it would clear up and go away. But then after 24 years post-SCI injury I would take an antibiotic (usually Cipro) and the pain would subside but not go away completely. Then the pain got worse and I finally figured out that it wasn't being caused by a UTI. These things can be difficult to get a grip on.

So after about 3 years of "AGONY" as you describe it, a severe stabbing pain in my liver area, I was finally diagnosed with neuropathic pain. I'm now taking 2,400mgs (400mgs x 6) of gabapentin (Neurontin) a day and that has helped a LOT. I may need to increase my dose in the near future though.

SCIs can get an area called.... damn, I forget what it's called. Someone help me out please! Gabapentin can make you forgetful too! Anyway, we can get an area below our injury level (I'm a T-5) where pain, no matter where it actually eminates from, will be felt in that certain area. For example, your left kidney may be in "pain" or stress of some sort but you'll feel it on your right side. One of those strange phenomenons of SCI.

Sounds like you have a UTI but if after getting it taken care of completely (no kidney infection etc.) and you know for certain that you're no longer infected and you still have that pain there... say after another week or two, you may want to keep the possibility of neuropathic pain in mind.

I hope you're feeling better soon. No "green smoothies" for me either!

Bob.
                                "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

Comment

Working...
                                X