No announcement yet.

A Thread to bitch and complain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So yesterday on my 80 mile one way drive back from my urologist appointment for a UTI that I have had to cancel three times in the last two weeks due to blizzard conditions on the days of my previous appointments. When out of the blue I get a severe spasm as I am going around a curve on the highway. The spasm throws my whole body to the right and as I go right so goes the steering wheel and before you can say WTF, I am hitting the snow filled ditch at 70 mph, on the coldest day ever recorded for that day in North Dakota history a balmy minus 44 f and that was not counting the wind chill. I go about thirty yards into the ditch before the snow stops the car. Luckily, the car stayed running so I did not freeze to death but there was no way I was going to be able to even think about getting out of the car due to the three feet plus snow depth. I called 911, as no one seemed to be interested in stopping and thanks to the great dispatcher there was a sheriff deputy there in about 15 minutes and a tow truck in another 20 minutes and I was back on the road within the hour. Had I not had my cell phone I would still be there but froze like a Popsicle. Granted SCI or no SCI I still could have ended up in the ditch but at least I could have gotten out of the car and flagged down the next car to take me to the next town where I could have arranged to get my car out. However, no there I sit as helpless as a newborn baby totally dependent on the good will from some stranger. Ok I am done bitching for now

Thanks

Comment

• nevada im relieved to here you're ok! That could've been a lot worse. Sorry you felt helpless, i worry about running into a situation like that. Glad you're able to thaw out
      Courage, it would seem, is nothing less than the power to overcome danger, misfortune, fear, injustice, while continuing to affirm inwardly that life with all its sorrows is good; that everything is meaningful even if in a sense beyond our understanding; and that there is always tomorrow.
      -Dorothy Thompson

Comment

• i also have had a recurring uti for over a year-taken several antib.'s and the uti's have been resistant. i was just told today i have stenotrophomonas maltophilia bacteria in my bladder. i don't know what this is but would love any feel back. also you might want to ask your dr. about it--mine have been ssssooo slow in even getting to this point.
        dee

Comment

• dee,
          How is it going with the uti?

It's hard not working, but I don't want to work.
          I don't want to deal with life, sometimes.

My 50th birthday is coming up.
          My brother offered his place to have a party.

I wasn't able to graduate from the community college. I got two incompletes.
          I couldn't give final presentations because of winter weather (icey).
          I need to go back and get those over with.

Still all the usual complaints.
          I'm anxious about my life.
          Rich

Comment

• I feel crappy.
            My back pain is bad.
            I'm tired a lot.
            I'm out of shape.
            My belly sticks out.
            I haven't done my stretching so my legs are stiff and my feet have dropped.
            They send night bags with the outlet folded over and stuck in a pocket. But, they don't close the valve. I went to empty the bag, in the morning and I got pee all over.
            My house needs a lot of work.
            I tore my kitchen out.
            Slowly it will get re built so I can use it.
            The floor slopes 3" or so.
            Since they tiled the bathroom floor (on a wet bed) it is 4" higher than the adjacent floor. The ramp goes up 4" over the course of 12" horizontal distance.
            I have a temporary kitchen sink in the roll in shower so I can do the dishes.
            I feel better, now.
            I said my piece.
            Where'd everyone go from this thread?
            Is there another thread where people are complaining?
            Did everyone get cured?
            Rich

Comment

• My back is killing me, I have nerve pain in my legs and feet. My groin hurts. Up all night, conus and spastic legs, wife slept like a baby. When she asked how my night was she got pissed cause i ruined her morning by telling her. She says don't tell anyone they're tired of hearing about you. Can barely work today with the pain. Nothing fxxcking works for the pain. I wish somehow people could see pain, because I look OK they think I'm better when I'm barely holding on by a thread.

Life sucks. GReat to vent

Why do I feel lucky to be alive?

bill
              Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

All the tears, all the pain, all the rage through the night (apolgies to the rewrite) RR

Next time I die make sure I'm gone,
              don't leave 'em nothing to work on JT

And I ain't nothin but a dream JM

Comment

• I wish pain could be projected onto others. Give them a sample of my experience for a week, a month, ...
                Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Comment

• i have the energy of a 75 yr old...and my blood pressure hasnt stabilized since my accident so i constantly feel faint. grrr sci.
                  Courage, it would seem, is nothing less than the power to overcome danger, misfortune, fear, injustice, while continuing to affirm inwardly that life with all its sorrows is good; that everything is meaningful even if in a sense beyond our understanding; and that there is always tomorrow.
                  -Dorothy Thompson

Comment

• Originally posted by bollefen View Post
                    My back is killing me, I have nerve pain in my legs and feet....Nothing fxxcking works for the pain. I wish somehow people could see pain, because I look OK they think I'm better when I'm barely holding on by a thread.
                    I feel your pain...believe me...every single day of my life, I am in physical pain. It never goes away, not even for a moment!
                    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem

Comment

• I do have a nice time now but the last three days my feet have a lot of edema, today my urine sample showed an increase of white blood cells and blood and I have a fever. And I feel like shit tonight

I have been sleeping with my feets up for three nights but the edema is getting worse and the wrong foot is most bad. At least it is a doctor here and he worry a little and I think I can trust him. I feel a little like a hypochondriac, they worry for my heart, I am worried for my kidneys. No pain at all, but with the morphin patch maybe I have pain I can't feel
                      TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

• Originally posted by woman from Europe View Post
                        I do have a nice time now but the last three days my feet have a lot of edema, today my urine sample showed an increase of white blood cells and blood and I have a fever. And I feel like shit tonight

I have been sleeping with my feets up for three nights but the edema is getting worse and the wrong foot is most bad. At least it is a doctor here and he worry a little and I think I can trust him. I feel a little like a hypochondriac, they worry for my heart, I am worried for my kidneys. No pain at all, but with the morphin patch maybe I have pain I can't feel
                        Please take care of yourself! Hope that UTI is not returning.

Comment

• I know what you mean bollefen and alan. It would be interesting to see how someone would react if you gave them your pain for a minute. They might ask you to call 911!
                          Ashley, I hope your blood pressure stablizes at some point. I haven't checked mine. I know it was low in the beginning.
                          Danine, are there times when you don't notice the pain?
                          women from Europe, do you use a morphine patch a lot? Is it prescribed for muscular pain or something else?
                          Rich

Comment

• Originally posted by woman from Europe View Post
                            I do have a nice time now but the last three days my feet have a lot of edema, today my urine sample showed an increase of white blood cells and blood and I have a fever. And I feel like shit tonight

Maybe this Dr will be more proactive. You are at a rehab place ....
                            T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

• Another damn DVT! Right leg this time, running from above my ankle all the way up to my filter [which probably saved my life]. I knew it was bad when the ultrasound tech kept working the sensor up higher and higher, until he was pressing it into my chest just below the sternum. So it's lovenox shots and at least six months of coumadin for me, maybe a long-term blood thinner after that.

What's scary is how little I had to go on. The leg didn't feel hot or look red at all. My foot was swollen but that's not uncommon for me. What made me think something was wrong was that my calf muscle felt quite firm compared to the other. That's all!

Comment

• Originally posted by Zero View Post
                                Another damn DVT! Right leg this time, running from above my ankle all the way up to my filter [which probably saved my life]. I knew it was bad when the ultrasound tech kept working the sensor up higher and higher, until he was pressing it into my chest just below the sternum. So it's lovenox shots and at least six months of coumadin for me, maybe a long-term blood thinner after that.

What's scary is how little I had to go on. The leg didn't feel hot or look red at all. My foot was swollen but that's not uncommon for me. What made me think something was wrong was that my calf muscle felt quite firm compared to the other. That's all!
                                Glad you're getting it treated, Z!

Comment

Working...
                                X