A Thread to bitch and complain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tiger Racing View Post
    I know that feeling. At the very least, I think my eyes are going to roll out of my head.

On the flip side though, I can see how some people find it reassuring to believe that everything happens for a reason.
    On the flip side I can see how many people find it reassuring to believe that, whatever the downer, they know some little platitude that makes it alright.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

First posting on the Bitch thread...

Went to Wal Mart today to get my glasses fixed. I had washed them and dried them and they shrank. LOL. (no kidding) anyways, i was 17 days past my warranty. They only give you 60 days and my insurance wouldnt cover another pair. This blows, i cant afford 200.oo for a new pair. I will have to save up i guess since they dont have lay a way plans anymore. I had my last set for almost 3 years with no troubles at all. LOL 17 days and the bitch that could have said ok said NO. Karma is a bitch is all i have to end with.
      “If everybody's thinking alike, somebody isn't thinking.” Gen. Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Juke_spin View Post
        Unless you're muscle bound from pushing and transferring you won't punch hard; women have about a third the upper body strength of men.

Do you spent all your time in public getting ready to confront someone who don't see you the "right" way?
        Slow day in Placerville Juke?

Comment

Unless you're muscle bound from pushing and transferring you won't punch hard; women have about a third the upper body strength of men.

Do you spent all your time in public getting ready to confront someone who don't see you the "right" way?
          Was just about to say welcome back when I saw you posting but I'm not sure now.

Is this necessary? Addiesue is clearly using a figure of speech.
          C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

Comment

Originally posted by Suzie Q View Post
            Went to Wal Mart today to get my glasses fixed. I had washed them and dried them and they shrank. LOL. (no kidding) anyways, i was 17 days past my warranty. They only give you 60 days and my insurance wouldnt cover another pair. This blows, i cant afford 200.oo for a new pair. I will have to save up i guess since they dont have lay a way plans anymore. I had my last set for almost 3 years with no troubles at all. LOL 17 days and the bitch that could have said ok said NO. Karma is a bitch is all i have to end with.
            I don't know if this is any use to you, a friend of mine uses them and has never been let down......

http://goggles4u.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Timaru View Post
              Slow day in Placerville Juke?
              Slow here Timaru. Some flu this winter, before Christmas, and now again, moa that seldom get sick. I think I blame the… air-condition on airplanes. Other contagion circumstances I would not know about.

Comment

Originally posted by RehabRhino View Post
                Was just about to say welcome back..
                Your'e avt looks like you too has the flu UK Gin an...

Comment

Originally posted by RehabRhino View Post
                  Was just about to say welcome back when I saw you posting but I'm not sure now.

Is this necessary? Addiesue is clearly using a figure of speech.
                  Just about as necessary as was her implying I was a miserable, ungrateful SOB for being desperate enough as I ran out of groceries to ask for the loan of $1.50 from MOW people; the only ones I had any contact with.

Link

WCAGA.
                  J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

Originally posted by Leif View Post
                    Your'e avt looks like you too has the flu UK Gin an...
                    Thanks Leif. I've got a killer UTI - 2nd set of antibiotics
                    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

Comment

You will feel my 1/3 strength if I ever see you out. (insert evil laugh) And yes I'm muscle bound and ohhhh nevermind.... again go find your organic carrot and.....

and by the way I don't fight but I'd be glad to arm wrestle to test your theory
                      Last edited by addiesue; 15 Jan 2009, 9:12 PM.
                      If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Comment

I just saw the meals on wheels comment. I used to deliver meals and I would be uncomfortable if people did this to me. I could barely afford my gas to do this but I enjoyed it. How do you know what that person bringing your food had? It would have made me uncomfortable if someone did this to me.
                        If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Comment

Originally posted by addiesue
                          "Whatever you give a woman, she will make greater. If you give her
                          sperm, she'll give you a baby. If you give her a house, she'll give you
                          a home. If you give her groceries, she'll give you a meal. If you give
                          her a smile, she'll give you her heart. She multiplies and enlarges what
                          is given to her. So, if you give her any crap, be ready to receive a
                          ton of shit."
                          If I giver her orgasms, will she multiply and enlarge them? That's pretty cool...and actually true from my experience.

OTOH, I was ready to receive a ton of orgasms in return, but most times it doesn't work out that way
                          Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
                          Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by addiesue View Post
                            I just saw the meals on wheels comment. I used to deliver meals and I would be uncomfortable if people did this to me. I could barely afford my gas to do this but I enjoyed it. How do you know what that person bringing your food had? It would have made me uncomfortable if someone did this to me.
                            Even had you known, as was the case when I asked, that the person was running out of things to eat; had no cash and had to either come up with a buck and a half for the transit van fare or go without. I was getting ready to roll down to Main Street and try getting a store to allow me a purchase for a little cashback on my check - but they're loath to do it. I could have tried bumming it from the people on the street; would have as a final resort. Then I'd be left with no way back up the long steep hill to my house but to push and accept being sore for two or three days or bumming a ride from people getting into their cars in the parking garage, which I've done before.

I don't like asking for a loan of strangers and didn't enjoy asking the MOW people at all - but hunger will make some people steal a loaf of bread even in a society where they will lose a hand or arm it caught.

Weeks later a guy from Adult Protective Services came by my place with two city cops to see if i was still alive and fully compos mentos. In passing I mentioned the MOW business and he was concerned and wanted to know would I like to be reinstated; he could do it but I'd have to promise never to "do it" again. I told him that I ate better feeding myself and wasn't interested in getting back in with those prima donnas.

You'd lose in an arm wresle.
                            J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

but I'd have to promise never to "do it" again.
                              Hey Steve,

Do what again? Ask to borrow a buck and a half?

I don't see anything wrong with asking someone to borrow a buck and a half in an "emergency". What's the big deal, all they have to say is either yes or no.

No one wants to borrow money, especially from a stranger. But when the stakes (not steaks.... mmmm, T-bones) are high we'll do a lot things we don't want to do.

I once cashed a check at a truck stop for a dollar. It was 3:00AM and I was outta cigarettes. Big emergency! I had some change on me but not enough... back then cigs were a buck eighty or thereabouts a pack. Anyway, the damn check bounced and after all the dust had settled it ended up costing me around sixty bucks. Costly habit.

Bob.
                              "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

Comment

Originally posted by bob clark View Post
                                Hey Steve,

Do what again? Ask to borrow a buck and a half?

I don't see anything wrong with asking someone to borrow a buck and a half in an "emergency". What's the big deal, all they have to say is either yes or no.

No one wants to borrow money, especially from a stranger. But when the stakes (not steaks.... mmmm, T-bones) are high we'll do a lot things we don't want to do.

I once cashed a check at a truck stop for a dollar. It was 3:00AM and I was outta cigarettes. Big emergency! I had some change on me but not enough... back then cigs were a buck eighty or thereabouts a pack. Anyway, the damn check bounced and after all the dust had settled it ended up costing me around sixty bucks. Costly habit.

Bob.
                                Hey Bob,

Yeah, ask to borrow a dollar fifty.(no, no!) Thanks for the understanding.

It all goes back to the woman who runs the program (who, for legal reasons, shall remain nameless for the thread) and the hall-monitor mentality she demonstrates here. Sure, running a program like that one with mostly volunteers delivering the meals presents problems. So you've got to have some rules, some guidelines, to help things run smoothly. She was instructing each volunteer to report anything that went on other than the recipient taking the meal in silence or with a thank you. Her call and I can understand it to some extent. But when she got one staff and, two days later, a volunteer reporting that an elderly shut-in, myself asked to borrow a buck fifty for transit fare because he needed to food shop and was cashed out, she might have contacted me to discuss it rather than summarily dropping me from the program. I more or less told her that when we talked on the phone.

Anywho, you know how particular I am about diet/food/nutrition, so I'm happier and considerably healthier feeding myself foods w/o lots of salt and not infrequent HFCS's. I'd been passed to the dietitian after expressing my concern about all the sodium in the (not very tasty) meals and a ten minute discussion made clear that she didn't know or care much about providing good nutrition for the people getting what went out from her kitchen. Maybe the administrator resented my interest and comments and that weighed in her decision to get rid of my carping, persnickety self when the excuse presented itself.

I'm happy as a clam eating my misos and tofus and sorba with lotsa veggies and a plethora of Japanese condiments. I'm just bugged that I've got to move but the PMs and other help and support I've had from the CCC have been great. Not perfect, it's still a great community.

P. S. You have no idea how hard it was to avoid those animated gifs.(no, no!) Just for you.

Steve
                                Last edited by Juke_spin; 16 Jan 2009, 11:48 AM.
                                J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

Working...
                                X