No announcement yet.

A Thread to bitch and complain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My back pain has been hard to take, recently. I smashed up my mid-back when I was injured. The daily pain I feel in that spot hasn't changed since I was injured. So, I live with pain.
    I feel like I should have a brace to hold my torso straight.

I have a ton of schoolwork to do.
    I'm doing 1/2 a ton of it.
    I need accountability and a schedule.
    Maybe I should start an accountability thread!
    Rich

Comment

I'm tired of the contractor and his sorry ass subs doing work on my house!!!

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Comment

Originally posted by 2jazzyjeff
        I'm tired of the contractor and his sorry ass subs doing work on my house!!!
        fire him if you are not happy...i did the same 4 years ago...

Comment

#&^^&*&(*%%^#%^%$&^) WHATEVER I'm pissed off...just got dump by this guy I was seeing...He used his EX-Wife to tell me they were back together after they divorce 25 years ago!!!...She had the nerved to tell me they're sleeping together and she gets to play with his "tool"!!!...She was acting like we were in 6th. grade and that she won him over...She can't believe she's in love with him again after 25 years...She kept his daughter from him for the last 10 years and didn't want nothing to do with him until now that he has a good job and is making a life for himself...He kept telling me he wanted nothing to do with her but he moved into her place where his daughter is because he had no place to live...I smell a #$%@$%#$%#$% A$$hole ...I've just had it...anybody have any bad break up song I can sing to?...I just want to break something...

Comment

Originally posted by harley-lynn
            I smell a #$%@$%#$%#$% A$$hole ...I've just had it...anybody have any bad break up song I can sing to?...I just want to break something...
            So sorry...He's an asshole through & through....Good song for you: Carrie Underwood "Before He Cheats" Here's a link to the vid on CMT.com http://www.cmt.com/videos/carrie-und...e-cheats.jhtml
            'Chelle
            L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

Comment

#&^^&*&(*%%^#%^%$&^) WHATEVER I'm pissed off...just got dump by this guy I was seeing...He used his EX-Wife to tell me they were back together after they divorce 25 years ago!!!...She had the nerved to tell me they're sleeping together and she gets to play with his "tool"!!!...She was acting like we were in 6th. grade and that she won him over...She can't believe she's in love with him again after 25 years...She kept his daughter from him for the last 10 years and didn't want nothing to do with him until now that he has a good job and is making a life for himself...He kept telling me he wanted nothing to do with her but he moved into her place where his daughter is because he had no place to live...I smell a #$%@$%#$%#$% A$$hole ...I've just had it...anybody have any bad break up song I can sing to?...I just want to break something...
              Now that is something to bitch and complain about!

You should her and him!

Comment

Originally posted by Timaru
                Now that is something to bitch and complain about!

You should her and him!
                i agree ...love hurts........

Comment

Hello everybody my name is Pete Castaneda III and I am a rehabilitative services major at the University of Texas at Pan American. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to talk with me about their disability. This is for a project in my Medical Aspects class. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou and God Bless

Comment

A good breakup Song.

"Hit the Road Jack..". Sorry for your heartbreak.You are better off. Good luck to ya.

Comment

Rich, if you have a handcycle, get serious about riding it regulary, at least 3x a week. I dealt with serious pain, and neuro pain for years. Then I started riding, got rid of most of it, the rest is bearable w/o meds almost all the time.

Jeff, get rid of them, it's simple as that and find someone else. You are the man with their money- hold it until satisfied.

Harley, don't get caught up in those 'dog died, butthead left me' type songs, only makes it worse. Listen to some GOOD music, JAM and forget about it. Your happiness does not depend on someone else, it is yours to control.
                      I just bought 3 old cds of Mazzy Star this week, I had forgot how much I liked listening to her sing, and Roback's slide guitar.
                      I'm gonna load up on Cowboy Junkies next time, gotta save some bucks. I'm adding to my big mp3 collection from P2P downloads over the years

GOOD music puts you in a good mood, crying in yer beer just dilutes your beer

https://www.facebook.com/john.baxter.1213986

Comment

If you're loading up on Cowby Junkies, check out their version of "One."

Great tunage.

Comment

Originally posted by CapnGimp
                          Rich, if you have a handcycle, get serious about riding it regulary, at least 3x a week. I dealt with serious pain, and neuro pain for years. Then I started riding, got rid of most of it, the rest is bearable w/o meds almost all the time.

Jeff, get rid of them, it's simple as that and find someone else. You are the man with their money- hold it until satisfied.

Harley, don't get caught up in those 'dog died, butthead left me' type songs, only makes it worse. Listen to some GOOD music, JAM and forget about it. Your happiness does not depend on someone else, it is yours to control.
                          I just bought 3 old cds of Mazzy Star this week, I had forgot how much I liked listening to her sing, and Roback's slide guitar.
                          I'm gonna load up on Cowboy Junkies next time, gotta save some bucks. I'm adding to my big mp3 collection from P2P downloads over the years

GOOD music puts you in a good mood, crying in yer beer just dilutes your beer
                          Hi John,

Exercise for all people is invalauble. Moreso for gimps like us. But music is a personal preference. Whether up or down or sideways. I'm blasting CSNY now but will have Merle doing the same soon. What's next I haven't determined. Old timer. To each their own I like. But good advice is always welcome too.

Hey, how ya doing? We need to chat sometime soon..

Bob.
                          "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

Comment

Originally posted by LaMemChose
                            If you're loading up on Cowby Junkies, check out their version of "One."

Great tunage.
                            I can't find it anywhere, you have an mp3 or link to it? I ordered 4 of their old albums last nite, it's your fault I started looking for 'One' at about 8 pm or so. Wound up listening to every CJ song on ut00b and then hitting Amazon up and getting them from the used dept.
                            Now I'm itching to rip them to my http://tinyurl.com/3ckx2s and go for a long ride.

B0bK@ email me and we'll get on teamspeak. MaryEllen, you should download teamspeak and install it also, we can all get on there and gab for free. I can tell ya how to set it up over the phone. It's simple.

https://www.facebook.com/john.baxter.1213986

Comment

I can't find it anywhere, you have an mp3 or link to it? I ordered 4 of their old albums last nite, it's your fault I started looking for 'One' at about 8 pm or so. Wound up listening to every CJ song on ut00b and then hitting Amazon up and getting them from the used dept.
                              Now I'm itching to rip them to my http://tinyurl.com/3ckx2s and go for a long ride.

B0bK@ email me and we'll get on teamspeak. MaryEllen, you should download teamspeak and install it also, we can all get on there and gab for free. I can tell ya how to set it up over the phone. It's simple.
                              I picked up "One" off iTunes. I'll burn you a CD of good tunage if ya' want, including "One."

Sidebar: As for phones ... funny you should say that. There is apparently a short in the wiring to my apartment or to my building. None of the phones in my place work. All are deader than a doornail. (Whatever a doornail is.)

The phones died Sunday, resumed working Monday. Were out again yesterday. Today, I have a repairperson coming to check the phone lines to the building and to my apartment. I'm phoneless in Chattanooga.

I have sporadic use of my DSL, which is with the same company as my phone service. I won't know if this will post until it goes through ior doesn't.

It creeped me out last night as I'm meeting up with a CCer at week's end and my phone isn't working. I thought, "How are we to get in touch if I don't have the CCer's phone number, my phones are dead and my DSL doesn't work?"

Whatever's going on, I lost half my emails (including the CCer's ph #, but I have it again this a.m. via a resend. Yay!), whatever I type ... Well, some of the letters drop and I have to correct when I'm finished. My usual bad typing is worse than ever.

How can my phone not work, yet my DSL work on ... Then, off ... Then, on ... Then, off ... ???

No major techy answer needed, just wondering what's up and why.

My guess is a squirrel got into wiring somewhere?

Yeah, this is the time a cellphone would be great, but those don't work from my apartment no matter the brand. Too much concrete and too many trees. I was totally flipped out last night that I didn't have a working phone if I needed one. I was in a semi-panic.

My usual manual chair is down. (Another story for another day. Gah.) That leaves me with my old footrestless chair I use for showers, or my powerchair which awaits the DMEs delivery of the new gel batteryor my trough walker.

Oh, and I whapped hell outta my ankle and foot on a doorframe last night using the trough walker. Had an ugly place the size of half a tennis ball come up on the side of that foot and ankle. It's still discolored, but not as swollen. At least I don't feel how bad it must hurt, right?

When I have a working phone line again today/tonight (repair person due here before 6 p.m. Swear I'm waiting for godot ...) I'll call and you can fill me in on Teamspeak. That'll be a hoot for everyone to talk together, like a pre-planned partyline.

Now let's see if this actually posts. DSL don't fail me now.

Comment

Hi John,

I'll email ya shortly and we can yap a bit. I haven't used TeamSpeak since that night/morning a long time ago with you and Alexandria. Mark emailed twice a couple/few weeks ago and I haven't gotten around to replying to him yet. I'll have to do that later today.

About the posts a couple/few pages back regarding the taking of your wheelchair into an MRI room. I just had my first ever MRI (4 of 'em... thoracic and lumbar, with and without contrast dye) and they were very reluctant to to let me take it in there. They didn't mention anything about having a special non-ferrous wheelchair there that I could transfer into. Of course she just had to ask me if I could walk into the room... I saw a couple wheelchairs there but they were those regular steel "hospital-type" chairs... oh joy. This was at a place called Advanced Imaging Center Inc., not at a hospital. So they were going to look around to see if they could find a gurney or something.... I imagine they hadn't very many wheelchair or SCI clients in the past. I really wasn't into the idea of double transferring unless it was the only option so I encouraged them to at least let me try to take my chair in there, slowly, as one fellow held onto my backrest uprights, just in case. I assured them that my Quickie GPV was 95% aluminum (okay, I lied a bit!) and the only ferrous parts were the nuts, bolts, axles and spokes and that they were all securely fastened. So I wheeled into the MRI room and there was absolutey no pull at all from the magnet that I could discern. After transferring onto that dangerously narrow sliding tray with absolutely nothing to grab onto, then releasing my wheel locks, there was no movement whatsoever of my chair. It was kinda funny, the woman MRI operator asked me 3 or 4 times if my chair was motorized.... maybe it isn't obvious to those who aren't familiar with wheelchairs.

Hey, no one here at CC ever mentioned how long MRIs take to have done... especially 4 in a row. I thought it would be about the same length of time as a CT scan... as long as I could hold my breath for. Maybe 45 seconds... I smoke a lot. I had my first ever CT scan taken last year... 28 years post-injury and it was a breeze. Well I was in that damn MRI coffin for at least 2 hours without a break. My shoulders started to hurt since they were kinda wedged against the sides of the tube and my face was 6 inches from the top of the tube. She slid me partially out for about a minute to stick the IV into my arm for the contrast dye after the first hour, instructing me not to move at all. Suppose I had an itch? And what terrible sounding headphones (maybe they're specially designed headphones for the MRI machine and magnet) that came halfway off... that machine is loud) with a radio station tuned-in that played 1 song for every 5 loud annoying commercials. Next time (if there is one) I'm gonna bring a few CDs along! I never listen to the radio.... just CDS, mp3s and the commercial-free tunes on cable TV.

When I had an abdomenal CT scan taken I went in feet first... not head first. I'm not claustrophobic per se, but that MRI machine is a tight fit. I think a hefty shot of dilaudid may have helped... if not for relaxing me a bit then as a reward for the unpleasant ordeal.

Since I used grinding wheels in my dad's home workshop as a kid, in metal shop as a student and worked at a steel mill I needed an x-ray of my eyes taken. That only took a few minutes.

I requested copies of the images to be put on a CD-R. They are on 2 CD-Rs. Maybe they're huge hi-rez files or they just separated them, lumbar from thoracic or with and without the contrast dye. Here they set next to me... I'm afraid to put them in the CD player and see what my spine and spinal cord looks like after 28 years of sitting in a chair. I might have a big ol' syrinx in there or my vertebra may be ground down to bone paste. I had the MRIs taken for the neuropathic pain in my right side below my injury level of T-5. I've had about enough of gabapentin and hopefully they'll be an "easy" surgical fix with half decent odds of success, who knows?

I'm glad I had them taken but if I knew how unpleasant an experience it was going to be I may have given it a second thought. Probably not....be a man about it ya freakin' wuss. I was certainly relieved that the "jackhammering" vibrations and all those magnetic waves didn't cause me to have an "accident" in there. I always prepare a couple days in advance whenever I need to go anywhere that I'll be stuck at like in the dentist's chair or the doctor's office and do all that I can to avoid any such embarrassing occurrence, but I'm nonetheless leery... ya can never be 100% certain. That's the advantage of having a SCI center close by you, they must be used to the ocassional mishap so the embarrassment would be minimized.

Now I need to muster up the nerve to view the images.

My whine of the day.

Bob.

PS. No doubt about it now, after I die it's definitely cremation. An eternity of staring up at the lid of a casket wearing low fidelity headphones listening to those inescapable hellish commercials has me convinced. The buried alive scene of Uma in Kill Bill: Vol. 2 came to mind as I was laying in the tube.

PSS. First time in 28 years that I've worn underwear.... I had to buy them specially for the MRIs.... boxers not briefs.
                                "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

Comment

Working...
                                X