Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Thread to bitch and complain?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by sjean423 View Post
    I can't get into my daughter's room unless it is neat, the entryway is almost too narrow. So I know what you mean.

    Glad he at least started ..... hope he doesn't go back to school before he is finished with the laundry!
    I did the laundry all night so today, it is 12 pm here now, he has to fold it and put it in the wardrobe. He was so tired yesterday, I think washing and cleaning were more than he could handle, he slept early and is still sleeping. I can't reach the wardrobe either, it is behind the door. Some roms are really difficult to enter, aren't they? At least the appartment is not smelling like a exercise studio any longer. Teens...
    TH 12, 43 years post

    Comment


      Hmm...that's strange, I'm not sure why my response to SCIfor55years. was deleted. All well hopefully he was able to read it and doesn't think I'm rude for not responding.

      Comment


        It's been a long winter. It is a cold week here in Pa.
        I haven't been moving my body enough. Getting sick over and over.
        5 years since being injured. Still shocks me that I am like this.
        Sad that I can't walk and that I have continuous pain. The bowel and bladder issues are not cool.
        Sometimes I think my life is cursed from the beginning. Life has never been easy, even before SCI. I was no stranger to abuse from early on.
        Amazingly, I am optimistic about the future.
        I hope to improve my fitness and outlook on life. I hope to find a way of life that is fulfilling. I want to be at peace with myself. I know acceptance is a big thing- accepting what is.
        Rich

        Comment


          Originally posted by pararich View Post
          Amazingly, I am optimistic about the future.
          I hope to improve my fitness and outlook on life. I hope to find a way of life that is fulfilling. I want to be at peace with myself.

          Hang in there. Optimism is the key. Keep setting goals. Baby steps are just as motivating as big long-term goals.

          Comment


            Originally posted by peegy p View Post
            Hang in there. Optimism is the key. Keep setting goals. Baby steps are just as motivating as big long-term goals.
            Thanks,
            I have a big emotional resistance to the idea of goal setting. I have to change what I'm saying to myself from "I can't do it" to "I can do it".
            Rich

            Comment


              I have been running a fever since Wednesday and maybe even Tuesday. They took so many blood cultures and all of them came negative. Rather frustrating because I feel fine. The highest it ran up to was like 103 on Friday night. Just go away...

              Comment


                Originally posted by pararich View Post
                Thanks,
                I have a big emotional resistance to the idea of goal setting. I have to change what I'm saying to myself from "I can't do it" to "I can do it".
                rich this surprises me.
                you dont seem that way really. I think the plywood rollie you made to pull yourself forward while you put in your floor is an example of your inventiveness when it comes to getting things done. and the fact that you cut down the tree that you fell out of and stacked it up for burning in your fireplace.
                lots of other things too. you did a great job fixing up your place. you might could get out and have more fun though.

                Comment


                  Pararich, if there is one thing that I learned, it is that if you hang in there, good things can start to happen just like the bad. If you are bored, click on the link at the bottom of my signature. It will take you to my CC webpage. Scroll down to the photo of my wife and click on the link under it (our story). You will see that some of us have floundered around for years before we got our sails set right.
                  You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
                  http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

                  See my personal webpage @
                  http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

                  Comment


                    Yup, attitude can and does vary from day to day, but we just gotta keep goin. Know it is a struggle for all of us at times to do it, but if we remind each other that it is possible, we will and can get thee! Everyone have a great day!

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by kkmay View Post
                      I have been running a fever since Wednesday and maybe even Tuesday. They took so many blood cultures and all of them came negative. Rather frustrating because I feel fine. The highest it ran up to was like 103 on Friday night. Just go away...
                      I hope you feel better.
                      Rich

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by jody View Post
                        rich this surprises me.
                        you dont seem that way really. I think the plywood rollie you made to pull yourself forward while you put in your floor is an example of your inventiveness when it comes to getting things done. and the fact that you cut down the tree that you fell out of and stacked it up for burning in your fireplace.
                        lots of other things too. you did a great job fixing up your place. you might could get out and have more fun though.

                        Jody,
                        Thanks,
                        Actually, I had someone cut that tree down. I wouldn't have dared doing that from a wheelchair.
                        I'm just finding things really difficult, now.
                        Rich

                        Comment


                          glad your tests are negative kkmay. and yes hoping you are feeling better soon.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by SCIfor55yrs. View Post
                            Pararich, if there is one thing that I learned, it is that if you hang in there, good things can start to happen just like the bad. If you are bored, click on the link at the bottom of my signature. It will take you to my CC webpage. Scroll down to the photo of my wife and click on the link under it (our story). You will see that some of us have floundered around for years before we got our sails set right.
                            Thanks,
                            I read your story. What a journey. I'm glad for your relationship. Makes me wonder- could I have something like that?
                            Rich

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by diddlindoug View Post
                              Yup, attitude can and does vary from day to day, but we just gotta keep goin. Know it is a struggle for all of us at times to do it, but if we remind each other that it is possible, we will and can get thee! Everyone have a great day!
                              yes, the support here is good!
                              Rich

                              Comment


                                sorry things are rough for you rich.
                                Is there anything that would help make things not so rough for you. I can always lend an ear, you still have the same number?
                                im looking forward to seeing you at fest.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X