Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Thread to bitch and complain?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Bente, I just saw this. Hoping the specialist knows his stuff. And you can get someone lined up for the cats and Tomas!
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

    Comment


      I can, Tomas is in school and my assistant takes the cats. But I hate it, it is one year and I thought it was over and I feel so frustrated. And the most scary thing is if I get sepsis my crp is not raising and I don't get high fever. And all the doctors say I don't look sick. I seldom get over 100F
      TH 12, 43 years post

      Comment


        Accessible bathrooms that are not accessible!

        Comment


          ..or the inevitable able-bodied person seemingly playing a game of chess while I wait at the ones that are accessible while 6 normal stalls are available.

          Comment


            Can I bitch and complain about...

            People towing their briefcases and backpacks on wheels?!? Is it that heavy that you cannot lift it over my feet? Oh, and that qualifies you to use the elevator. That's okay I'll wait.

            When did this new phenomenon begin. I don't mind the granny carts full of groceries but any normal briefcase weigh that much?

            Comment


              Originally posted by Van Quad View Post
              People towing their briefcases and backpacks on wheels?!?
              Backpacks FFS! The clue's in the name!

              Comment


                New medical program that does not want to pay for Lyrica and Cymbalta.
                Am starting the appeal early and thankfully the pharmacy we go to is awesome about helping and one of the few that accept the plan.
                Otherwise it would be a mail order calamity.

                Comment


                  My husband is switching from Medicaid to Medicare because he has had SS for 24 months. We lost our COBRA last Sept and he is on a nursing home waiver program.
                  Yesterday I finally got a return phone call from his financial worker's replacement.
                  She was absolutely nasty-said there was no such thing as the waiver program where a wife is paid, he would lose his status because I had an income this year and he was too young for medicare etc.
                  I held my temper and asked for her supervisor who had agreed last summer he could keep that same caseworker.
                  That caseworker called back and was wonderful. She asked for a letter to help get the spend down in order. He pays the first $1700 of medical care per month from his SS and a private disability plan leaving him approx $600.
                  Because there is a hurricane of papers around here I am not able to find this freakin' letter even though I started a folder.
                  I try to sign up on website and end up calling Medicare that directs me to SS and they each tell me the letter needs to come from the other.
                  My husband has a lot of confusion and while verifying info the first time they would not talk to me.
                  It seems another letter from SS is on the way, so hopefully what I need.
                  I go to get the mail and 2 letters from the IRS! It has to do with POA and has even been through the IRS office in town and thought it was the end of it.
                  ARRGHH!!!!
                  That is my bitch and complain session-the short version.
                  I am grateful for the help we get, but I can see why some people give up.
                  I want to tell people that what happened to us could happen to anybody even if you are doing all the right things.
                  The worst part is I can't stop beating myself up for losing the letter.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by LindaT View Post
                    My husband is switching from Medicaid to Medicare because he has had SS for 24 months. We lost our COBRA last Sept and he is on a nursing home waiver program.
                    Yesterday I finally got a return phone call from his financial worker's replacement.
                    She was absolutely nasty-said there was no such thing as the waiver program where a wife is paid, he would lose his status because I had an income this year and he was too young for medicare etc.
                    I held my temper and asked for her supervisor who had agreed last summer he could keep that same caseworker.
                    That caseworker called back and was wonderful. She asked for a letter to help get the spend down in order. He pays the first $1700 of medical care per month from his SS and a private disability plan leaving him approx $600.
                    Because there is a hurricane of papers around here I am not able to find this freakin' letter even though I started a folder.
                    I try to sign up on website and end up calling Medicare that directs me to SS and they each tell me the letter needs to come from the other.
                    My husband has a lot of confusion and while verifying info the first time they would not talk to me.
                    It seems another letter from SS is on the way, so hopefully what I need.
                    I go to get the mail and 2 letters from the IRS! It has to do with POA and has even been through the IRS office in town and thought it was the end of it.
                    ARRGHH!!!!
                    That is my bitch and complain session-the short version.
                    I am grateful for the help we get, but I can see why some people give up.
                    I want to tell people that what happened to us could happen to anybody even if you are doing all the right things.
                    The worst part is I can't stop beating myself up for losing the letter.
                    Ugh, the paper work and various beuocracies (sp?) are part of the reason people just skip getting the resources they deserve. Then of course you also get 2 different people and 2 vastly different ideas and experiences...good luck!
                    Courage, it would seem, is nothing less than the power to overcome danger, misfortune, fear, injustice, while continuing to affirm inwardly that life with all its sorrows is good; that everything is meaningful even if in a sense beyond our understanding; and that there is always tomorrow.
                    -Dorothy Thompson

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Ashley View Post
                      Ugh, the paper work and various beuocracies (sp?) are part of the reason people just skip getting the resources they deserve. Then of course you also get 2 different people and 2 vastly different ideas and experiences...good luck!
                      Thank you for reading my incoherent post. It helped to type it, but helps if someone reads it too. I feel in a minor state of panic about this right now.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by LindaT View Post
                        Thank you for reading my incoherent post. It helped to type it, but helps if someone reads it too. I feel in a minor state of panic about this right now.
                        The same bureaucratic nightmare happens up here in the Great White North. Despite our supposedly more generous social programs, the workers act as if everyone is trying to cheat and scam the government.

                        Hang in there Linda.

                        Comment


                          Yeah, hang in there LindaT. You are the best advocate a persion could have.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by ancientgimp View Post
                            Yeah, hang in there LindaT. You are the best advocate a persion could have.
                            I just make myself such a pesky pain in the ass eventually I wear them down.....sometimes.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by LindaT View Post
                              I just make myself such a pesky pain in the ass eventually I wear them down.....sometimes.
                              Good luck. I hate dealing with these people.
                              If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.


                              Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

                              Comment


                                "The worst part is I can't stop beating myself up for losing the letter."

                                Stop that ..... right now. You're only human and shit happens ... not your fault ..... we all loose stuff from time to time {{{hug}}} !


                                "Yeah, hang in there LindaT. You are the best advocate a person could have.
                                "

                                Truer words were never written. Don't be so hard on yourself Linda you're doing the best you can {{{{hug}}}

                                You're going to get a break soon Linda.... I feel it in my bones {{{one more hug }}}

                                Obie
                                ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi


                                " calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
                                Jane Siberry

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X