The vent thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The vent thread

Here's the idea: a place where you could get it all off your chest. I was going to call it my vent thread, but that sounded too selfish. I figure it's better than paying good money for a shrink who doesn't even understand my situation. And then after you finished venting away, you could go to the joke thread for some laughs.

So my first vent is that I called a restaurant the other day to see if it was accessible; they said yes; got there and low and behold: steps! Not so many, mind you, but I was in my power wheelchair and there's no way anyone could lift me up in that thing.

Second vent: I miss being able to change outfits until I find the right one. Now, if I get up and decide I don't like the pants that I'm wearing, it takes five minutes to go back on the bed, change and transfer back into the wheelchair.

That's all for now, feeling better already.

You are absolutely right re: changing outfits. That is our inalienable right as females. How can we exercise our God-given prerogative to change our minds otherwise??

How about-a new haircut that you're afraid to wash because you're not convinced you can style it with quad fingers?
    Blog:
    Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Originally posted by betheny
      You are absolutely right re: changing outfits. That is our inalienable right as females. How can we exercise our God-given prerogative to change our minds otherwise??

How about-a new haircut that you're afraid to wash because you're not convinced you can style it with quad fingers?
      You can change your minds, just not your pants but at least you know who's wearing the pants in the family.
      "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
      J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

I'll take 2 cry-baby soups, please. (I'm also ordering for the gentleman that excused himself to check out the restaurant's industrial-sized coffee grinder. Don't mind him, he's a freak.). Blue cheese on the salads. Medium salsa, bring us some queso too. We looove extra freshly ground pepper, thanks!That oughtta do it!
        Blog:

Comment

How about getting a new haircut you are afraid to wash because you can't style it with AB fingers? LOL thats a universal fear!
          1FineSpineRN

Comment

DUDE!

Besides my Arts and Entertainment thread, I also have been lobbying for a
            "Rant N' Rave" thread.

I'm obviously not sleeping with the right people.

And the truth shall set you free.

Comment

Great idea OP

Originally posted by Duramater
              How about getting a new haircut you are afraid to wash because you can't style it with AB fingers? LOL thats a universal fear!
              That was a sensitive thing to say on a spinal injury board. Proud of ya

Comment

No longer able to play "pull my finger" with the little ones.

tp
                Sometimes you can't get where you're going until you've been where you've been.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDecafPlz
                  DUDE!

Besides my Arts and Entertainment thread, I also have been lobbying for a
                  "Rant N' Rave" thread.

I'm obviously not sleeping with the right people.

So you say. Link?
                  J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

Originally posted by Ads32
                    Great idea OP

Yeah, now go squat in a corner and pound your fingers with a hammer until you know how a high quad feels. I love the sound of ABs crying over their bashed in fingers in the morning.
                    J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

eh, to hell with it, get hair like mine that's supposed to look like "just be glad i didn't snap and cut it all off"
                      Never take life seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway

Frank's blog:
                      http://www.franktalk-scurry.blogspot.com
                      My regular blog:
                      http://www.ithinkithinktoomuchblog.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ads32
                        Great idea OP

It is a universal problem, I remember it from back in the AB day.

Sheesh, ppl are hyper-sensitive today.
                        Blog:

Comment

While I've never been ab, I was at least not as dis as I am now. I can sooooooo relate to what everyone's saying.

My hair never again looks like it does at the salon, even if I buy $123 worth of hair products sold there. It. Never. Looks. The. Same.

I had trouble making my hair do what it did at the salon when all I had to deal with was cerebral palsy. Go figure. I can relate to Mary/Duramater because before I was SCI, I still had hair woes.

Was about to have my hair all cropped off because I was tired of dealing with it. Decided to let it grow and grow instead.

My hair is a mess. It's curly and thick with a mind of its own.

My little nieces are fascinated with my hair because it's unlike the tresses of anyone else in the family.

My younger niece wanted to "tame" it before I went to her older sister's swim practice. She spent half an hour trying to brush and coax this wild mane into a pony tail so she could pull it through the back of a baseball cap for me Andre Agasse style. She did a great job, not because she's six, but because she did it with my hair and three stying products.

After a few minutes, the ponytail began to curl and stick out in a myriad of Medusa like ways. She shook her head, delivered the verdict with a knowing sigh.

"It's a mess."

I had to laugh.

My vent is about dissing on Mary/Duramater. I don't own the pain and suffering market when it comes to styling my hair. Ab's have their hair woes, too.

Comment

Hair woes

Hey, you might wanna try relaxing your hair. I just got it done on Friday. Or Japanese hair straightening, although that costs a fortune.
                            The guys reading this must be like , She is !

Comment

Originally posted by mimin
                              Hey, you might wanna try relaxing your hair. I just got it done on Friday. Or Japanese hair straightening, although that costs a fortune.
                              The guys reading this must be like , She is !
                              I'm just glad this thread didn't turn out to be what I thought of when I saw the title.
                              J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

Working...
                              X