Food: sometimes

Shoes: never

Sports Equip: always

Clothes: sometimes

Electronics: sometimes
    1FineSpineRN

Comment

Originally posted by davesgirl aka anty
      food----always shoes---sometimes Sports equip.---sometimes Clothes---sometimes Electronics---always

food-sometimes shoes-sometime sports equip.-always clothes-sometimes

Hope your son hits 300 and plays solid defense.

Comment

from Deb: sometimes for all

from Jim: sometimes for all

Best of luck to the eighth grader! And the mom, of course!

Comment

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You

We hit 30 answers, Jim and Deb took us to the top. Now I can get the kid off to bed and start lunches for tomorrow. Procrastination is not a trait he learned from me. He is thinking that I squewed his shoe answer by posting on CareCure.

Electronics had the most votes for Always.

many thanks everyone, you are the best.
          CareCure Crew Comes Cruising through Again
          Every day I wake up is a good one

Comment

Originally posted by cheesecake

WHEN ARE NAME BRANDS IMPORTANT TO YOU?

Food: Always Sometimes Never

Shoes: Always Sometimes Never

Sports Equip: Always Sometimes Never

Clothes: Always Sometimes Never

Electronics: Always Sometimes Never
            hope this helps .....

oh, finished reading thread and realized i am #31 .... glad he got his homework done!
            T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

Originally posted by cheesecake
              We hit 30 answers, Jim and Deb took us to the top. Now I can get the kid off to bed and start lunches for tomorrow. Procrastination is not a trait he learned from me. He is thinking that I squewed his shoe answer by posting on CareCure.

Electronics had the most votes for Always.

many thanks everyone, you are the best.
              CareCure Crew Comes Cruising through Again
              Am I the only shoe snob on board???

Yes, I only buy flat soled shoes, haven't purchased heels, well, since '93. Still, I like really good footwear. I notice I have fewer bad places on my feet when my shoes are really good, are well-made.

I'm such a shoe hoor.

Comment

Sjean~ he had to do even amounts greater or equal to 30. Icombined yours with an email, so we can use your replies, thank you.

LaMem~ The teen age boys he surveyed were the other ones who were picky on shoes. Because I marked always, he was surprised that more here were not in the same catagory. I think I am the only walking quad that replied, so I think that is part of the reason. Know you are in good company with 13 and 14 year old boys and their $125 tennis shoes.
                Every day I wake up is a good one

Comment

Originally posted by LaMemChose

I said sometimes here LM, because it depends on the shoe. If I wear it all the time, always, but for a one time deal, I usually buy by price.
                  T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

So, I'm in the company of barely teen boys with their love of shoes? LOL

I hear you, SJean. I go for the good ones always because they seem to do my body better.

I'm also a self-acknowledged shoe snob. Others may not know who I'm wearing, but I do.

Still looking for a pair of Stuart Weitzman's that'll work with my quad bod.

Next life I get fabulous dancing feet and unlimited numbers of good shoes in my closet.

Comment

I didn't choose "always" on food because of seafood and the like where brand doesn't come into the picture. If such catagories of foods are excludes from the survey my choice would be "always".
                      "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
                      J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

Originally posted by LaMemChose

Yes, I only buy flat soled shoes, haven't purchased heels, well, since '93. Still, I like really good footwear. I notice I have fewer bad places on my feet when my shoes are really good, are well-made.
                        I'm a shoe snob too, for the same reasons as you, but when a $100 pair of shoes lasts 10-15 years it's worth it !!!
                        There is a crack in everything ... That is how the light gets in (Leonard Cohen)

Comment

Food: Always (being on a gluten-free diet means I have to brand and ingredient watch VERY closely)

Shoes: Sometimes
                          Sports Equip: Sometimes
                          Clothes: Sometimes
                          Electronics: Sometimes

Edit: Oh, sorry, didn't realize you'd already finished it... Missed it earler.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Spratt
                            I'm a shoe snob too, for the same reasons as you, but when a $100 pair of shoes lasts 10-15 years it's worth it !!!
                            I just love great looking shoes. So mine don't come with heels and stacks and platforms. Not buying FMPs these days. Still, my shoes can come with color, good leathers, fabulous suedes, even lace and bows.

So much of SCI life is utilitarian. I'd rather my shoes just weren't.

< - - - self-avowed shoe hoor

Comment

Food: Sometimes
                              Shoes: Always
                              Sports Equip.: Always
                              Electronics: Always

Comment

Food: Sometimes
                                Shoes: Always
                                Sports Equip.: Always