No announcement yet.

When cops "attack" your female friend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i still find flirting inappriate by a officer in a car stop. it can look like the officer wants sex for no citation or it could lead to entrapement by officer to say citizen offered bribe.
    in my neck of the woods, putting a female passenger out of the car into patrol car on a traffic stop like that would be on the headlines of the papers. it would not pass the smell test.

and as far as helicopters following me yes you are correct , that and blimps do follow me around. in violation of the handshu agreement
    http://mirror.video.blip.tv/Iwitness...limpCam409.mov
    http://mirror.video.blip.tv/Iwitness...icopter477.mov
    cauda equina

Comment

We'd better speak to the guys in the helicopters. If metro has spotted them, they are doing shoddy work. Big Brother isn't paying them to get sloppy!
      Blog:
      Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

and one more incident of police conducting inappropriate surveillance from a helicopter.
        http://video.on.nytimes.com/?fr_stor...89a73b61dc484a
        cauda equina

Comment

Originally posted by metronycguy
          i still find flirting inappriate by a officer in a car stop. [/url]
          For the love of god!!! THIS IS ALL ASSUMED!! Where was it written that the so-called female "victim" called it flirting. You are judge, jury and executioner and you don't even have a victim! (imagine what you would be saying if an officer did that.....GULP)

And bringing in any outside police issues to argue your point regarding this particular traffic stop only shows just how weak your argument actually is.

Whoosh whoosh whoosh whoosh whoosh......
          Dave

Comment

hey you brought up my assumed paranoia that helicopters are following me around, i just proved it was true, and added a Fuji blimp that also has been following me.
            so i guess your saying that an officer openly flirting while performing a car stop for speeding is unprofessional and improper?
            i think we are making some headway here,
            cauda equina

Comment

Openly flirting? .......Of course thats inapropriate! TBut that hasn't even been established here and your already calling him a sexual predator. (Ever hear of reaction-formation disorder......kinda scary)

I'll jump on board with legitimate gripes or complaints, but this type of boy-who-cried-wolfism, makes it harder to believe when you do have a legit complaint.

(BTW-I didn't open the links so i have no idea what 'info' they hold)
              Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Herco16
                For the love of god!!! THIS IS ALL ASSUMED!! Where was it written that the so-called female "victim" called it flirting.
                It isn't all assumed, Herco. Wheelieboy said in Post #6...

Originally posted by Wheelieboy
                . . . My friend took his behavior as being hit on but wasn't upset . . .
                Call me crazy but "being hit on" = flirting in my book--Wheelieboy said that's how she took the cop's behavior. That's why I, Metro and others have pointed out the unprofessional behavior of the cop, or at least the seeming unprofessional behavior. As a cop (or a boss or a commanding officer or a teacher or a priest or [insert other position of authority/perceived authority]) he/she is responsible for not only behaving professionally but doing whatever is possible to avoid the possibility that his/her behavior can be taken the wrong way.

Comment

Even it were flirting, would you remove the officer from his post just because of that? I met my wife on a traffic stop. Does that make me a sexual predator?

We are not robots, I don't think that anyone that you know that is in this type of position can be completely by the book and professional. The world just isn't that perfect. The only one I can think of is Joe Friday, he is the only one that is by the book. In fact I think that pretty much everyone at my work has met their wife on the job in one way or another.

It's the same paranoia in the work place. Someone flirts with someone at work and it is Sexual Harassment.

Comment

So noted Scorp, I missed that one. But even so, its still a perception. Do you honestly think that the cop in OK. wants to start a relationship with this woman from WV? Who just happens to be with another guy.

I remember one case in particular, only a few months ago, where one of the suspects was a very attractive female. Before and during the interveiw we made small talk about lots of things, including her domestic status. Could she construe this as me "flirting" with me? Maybe, but I know I never crossed that line. Because I wasn't joe friday, she came back in for two subsequent interviews. She confessed during the third. I charged her and the rescue mission got their $7,000.00 back.

Bottom line is that he legally and professionally gathered information from her that he would not have been able to being Mr. Sternfaced. This time it lead nowhere, but I wonder how many kilos he has intercepted in the past doing just that.

Your brother, how does he speak to people when he's on duty. Was there NEVER a time a female COULD percieve it as flirting?
                    Dave

Comment

Originally posted by POPO367
                      Even it were flirting, would you remove the officer from his post just because of that? . . . It's the same paranoia in the work place. Someone flirts with someone at work and it is Sexual Harassment.
                      No one's saying he should be removed from his post (unless I missed that somewhere). Geeze! And as for flirting in the workplace, I do think it's inappropriate for a superior to flirt with a subordinate (I'm not talking about co-workers). And no, I don't think a guy flirting makes him a sexual predator, but cops should not be flirting with people they've pulled over. It is unprofessional and can lead to all kinds of misunderstanding and trouble. Personally, I wouldn't want a female friend or family member dating a cop who had pulled them over (and no, I'm not saying you or any cop who flirts is a sexual predator). But I don't see how you can think it's no big deal for a cop to be flirting with someone he's pulled over.

Comment

Originally posted by metronycguy
                        I'd write that up with all the ticket info , time and date officers name and send it to a lot of people in Oklahoma.
                        the cop is probably a predator sex offender and should be removed now..
                        Post #2 Scorp

I saved you some time popo
                        Dave

Comment

herco it seems you have not read wheelie boys post, this whole thread was started about a openly flirting cop on a car stop.
                          i do believe that openly flirting on a car stop is inappropriate and unprofessional. the driver and officer are basically alone on a highway. i find that openly flirting and then bringing the female occupant back to the patrol car is totally inappropriate and unprofessional. IT can slide into more illegal activity from there .
                          yes i would put the officer on desk duty until it was sorted out . If he is trying to exchange sex for a let go then he is a predator.
                          a women from NY would probably make a run for it and be calling for help if a cop tried to put her in the cruiser on a minor speeding stop.
                          as far as the links it is footage obtained thru the FOA from . following peopel and spying on people with helicopters and blimps, spying on a couple making love on their private terrace when they were supposed to have their infrared camera trained on the demonstation
                          cauda equina

Comment

So noted Scorp, I missed that one. But even so, its still a perception. Do you honestly think that the cop in OK. wants to start a relationship with this woman from WV? Who just happens to be with another guy. . . . Your brother, how does he speak to people when he's on duty. Was there NEVER a time a female COULD percieve it as flirting?
                            I never said anything about him wanting to start a relationship. Flirting can lead to many things other than a relationship; I don't need to tell you that. Look, you think he acted professionally based on Wheelieboy's description of what happened, I think he acted unprofessionally or at least made choices in his behavior that could easily be perceived as being unprofessional. And, in my opinion, while a cop can't prevent everyone from misperceiving your behavior/intentions as flirting, it's his job to avoid the perception of impropriety, insomuch as he is able. He failed, in my opinion. You can be friendly and personable (and get information) without a woman thinking you're hitting on her, and yes, there can always be someone who will perceive just being friendly as you hitting on her, but I don't think the cop was smart in having her sit in his cruiser with her while questioning her.

You seem too steadfast in defending him as if there's no possible way he could have done anything wrong. I don't see much point in discussing it further with you.

As for my brother, I've never seen him on the job, though my Dad has done a few ride-alongs with him (my Dad's not a cop). But knowing my brother, he wouldn't flirt and would do what he could to make sure no one thought he might be flirting. And he'd even smile and be friendly when appropriate. You don't need to flirt to put a woman at ease in order to get info. iIf a cop thinks he needs to, he's a crappy cop, in my opinion.

Comment

Post #2 Scorp

I saved you some time popo
                              Fair enough, but not all of us who disapprove of the cops behavior (as we see it based on what we've read here) think that.

Comment

ok i will make it easy again.
                                if a cop uses his position of authority,detainment and arrest powers to gain or coerce sexual favors from his detainee they are

1. a ok guy , just doing his job, hey they are under a lot of pressure and always putting their lives on the line.
                                2 . maybe improper conduct but nothing that rises to illegal acts, she probably wanted it anyhow
                                3. his victim probably think helicopters are following her around and shouldn't be given the time of day nor have the actions looked into, after all the cops actions are always above reproach.
                                4.hey boys will be boys, he is probably bored and need a hummer to get through the day.
                                5. sexual predator, using their powers and authority to coerce sexual acts,
                                cauda equina

Comment

Working...
                                X