• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justadildo
    you better check your laws metro...you have been misinformed
    where an i misinformed?
    cauda equina

Comment

Once again, Mike, flirtatious behavior has been surmised by the OP but not established by any related comment, question or other behavior.

Maybe you've got a fantasy going of being flirted with by a LEO.?
      "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
      J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

Anyone can pull a ''bad cop'' story from their area.. weak attempt.

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Comment

Not all cops are bad. I choose to believe the majority are good. A cop cant do the job if they are bogged down in worthless policies and procedures. Again we dont know if he was flirting or not...as the OP was in the car and not privy to conversation between the girl and the cop.

If I get stopped for speeding I am going back to check the radar....
          T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by metronycguy
            actually it is my business as a citizen involved in interaction with police
            That's not what you were talking about. You were talking about some guy's masculinity being put into question because some other guy was hitting on a female friend in front of him.

a officer performing their official duties there is standard they are held to.
            Everybody here agrees with that. What is in question is your assumption that the cop in the OP was not meeting that standard.

i guess it is different out there, but here if a officer did the flirting routine and then brought the woman back to sit in the front seat in this area, it would pass the smell test .
            Sniff around all you like. That doesn't prove this cop was A)flirting and/or B)doing anything wrong.

C.

Comment

Originally posted by 2jazzyjeff
              Anyone can pull a ''bad cop'' story from their area.. weak attempt.
              but it did pass the smell test . who could make that stuff up?
              cauda equina

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger Racing
                Sniff around all you like. That doesn't prove this cop was A)flirting and/or B)doing anything wrong.
                C.
                again in this area, you file a report and it gets investigated.
                i guess in my area for a cop to take a woman out of the car and put her in the front seat, after a flirtatious exchange in front of her male companion, would put that cop in big time hot water if the male occupant files a complaint. here they don't do the front seat thing, so that would be a big problem by itself.
                here they don't have to show you the radar detector reading.
                cauda equina

Comment

as an ab young girl, i was put in patrol car more than once on speeding ticket. never harassed. seemed procedure. this was over 20 yrs ago.

personally, i'd be real embarrassed (and pissed) if a male friend thought he had to "protect me." no thanks.

Comment

Metro, I'm sorry you feel so defensive regarding the actions of law enforcement. I hope you beleive that 99.9999 percent of LEO aren't going to violate your rights (and subsequently be fired or thrown in Federal prison), just to get your dime bag or for that matter, arrest you for anything.

We know that every move we make will be scrutinized by every LEO hater (chip on the soulder) and every champion of rights, (which i support) When I was a field training officer I taught my rookies to act like they were being videotaped at all times and treat everyone as they would want their family to be treated.

I've been pulled over once in my 11 year career as a LEO. I was doing 71 in a 55. I asked and paid for the ticket rather than go through an IA investigation. What stinks is that I gave breaks all of the time, to even butt ugly people! LOL Why don't I deserve one once in a while?

BTW- The definition of what is needed for a LEO to DETAIN you and gather identification is Reasonable Suspicion, not suspicion as you mentioned before. Below is the definition provided by Wikepedia;

Reasonable suspicion is a legal standard in United States law that a person; has been, is, or is about to be, engaged in criminal activity based on specific and articulable facts and inferences. It is the basis for an investigatory or Terry stop by the police and requires less evidence than probable cause, the legal requirement for arrests and warrants. Reasonable suspicion is evaluated using the "reasonable person" or "reasonable officer" standard, in which said person in the same circumstances could reasonably believe a person has been, is, or is about to be, engaged in criminal activity; such suspicion is not a mere hunch. Police may also, based solely on reasonable suspicion of a threat to safety, frisk a suspect for weapons, but not for contraband like drugs. A combination of particular facts, even if individually innocuous, can form the basis of reasonable suspicion

Dave
                    Dave

Comment

herco we have a lot of bad cops in my area, the saying in the street is the biggest gang in nyc is the nypd.
                      actually i do videotape police at demonstrations, amazing how many infractions are caught by senior officer during arrests. we have one one of the highest ranking members of nypd continuing getting caught on camera man handling women, he got caught kneeing a women in the head during the rnc. that is in court now.
                      then again , my thoughts on the nypd changed during the RNC.
                      as far as reasonable suspicion, the police that do all these questions during a car stop in Oklahoma don't have reasonable suspicion to detain. if the civilian knew to utter the words, am i am free to go?, or am i being detained? all that bringing the driver into the police car and being questioned after stopped for speeding doesn't rise to reasonable suspicion. if the licence and insurance doesn't pop , you get your ticket and you go. i guess the line of question the OP related to his friend seems out of place for a speeding stop. where were you born , why did you move?
                      up here we would be like that is none of your business, just give me my ticket. to me that is way to many questions for a speeding ticket, regardless of the flirting.
                      cauda equina

Comment

Originally posted by cass
                        personally, i'd be real embarrassed (and pissed) if a male friend thought he had to "protect me." no thanks.
                        cass it is not a protect type of thing,, it is a respect for the citizens and profession conduct during a car stop by the LEO.
                        the LEO can be friendly without being flirtatious. there are somethings i guess that are more gender specific. but i am sure if a women officer stopped a male driver with his gf or wife aboard, and the woman cop was flirting with the male driver , the woman would and should be pissed too. it is not professional and abuse of power, since if it occurred by a non LEO you would tell them off without legal repercussion. actually in ny , the cop would still be told off if he tried that.
                        cauda equina

Comment

Originally posted by metronycguy
                          cass it is not a protect type of thing,, it is a respect for the citizens and profession conduct during a car stop by the LEO.
                          the LEO can be friendly without being flirtatious. there are somethings i guess that are more gender specific. but i am sure if a women officer stopped a male driver with his gf or wife aboard, and the woman cop was flirting with the male driver , the woman would and should be pissed too. it is not professional and abuse of power, since if it occurred by a non LEO you would tell them off without legal repercussion. actually in ny , the cop would still be told off if he tried that.
                          I feel like you have a serious chip on your shoulder regarding law enforcement. I live in a small town....and know most of our law enforcement officers even highway patrol. They are not perfect but most really do only want to "protect and serve".

I cant imagine living somewhere that I have to fear the people that have been hired to "protect and serve" me.

If you feel like everyone is out to get you then regardless of what they do....you will find something that will make you think they are indeed "out to get you". I dont live this way and I dont need my male friends to protect me from "those really mean bad coppies who give me a ticket for speeding". I guess I just have a different mindset.

If the cop was truly flirting...the girl wouldnt have gotten the ticket......PERIOD END OF STORY!!!!!!
                          T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Comment

nope i expect courtesy, professionalism and respect.
                            openly flirting in front of the male front seat passenger doesn't fit that description. that is what the OP stated open flirting. That police conduct doesn't cut it here.
                            cauda equina

Comment

Metro you are one of those people that will hate the police til the day you die. I wonder why? Have you had a little run in with the law?

I dealt with people like you every day that I worked the streets. Didn't matter how many bad guys were caught, didn't matter how many crimes were stopped, people would always hate you. The funny thing about it is that the same people that hate you, would not hesitate to call us when they needed us.

I love being a cop, but there would be times that I would hate it. People like Metro would judge everything you did, if you looked at them wrong they would assume that you are disrespecting them and make a complaint. I have gotten one those. After getting a few stupid complaints like that, you ask yourself if it is worth it. Why go the extra mile to catch the bad guys, just drive around with blinders until my shift ends, and get paid. It is people like you Metro that suck the life out of good cops. You know that you get paid the same amount of money for bringing in 1 bad guy or bringing in 100. That girl wasn't offended she did not make a complaint. I don't think any cop would be so stupid to ask for a sexual favor to get out of ticket while their friend is still in the car. If he would be then he should just eat his own gun.

When you say that there are a lot of bad cops in your area is it because they are always in the news or is it because you live in one of cities with one of the highest crime rates. I am a cop in the LAPD and we are on the news just as often as NYPD. Doesn't make us bad it is just that we are under the microscope by the media. Police work isn't pretty. People want us to clean up of the streets make their neighborhoods safer but they don't want to see how we do it.

Metro stop watching too much TV, you'll get a better outlook in life.

Comment

We don't mess with the cops down where I live. We read their cars and obey
                                "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X