X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to my quotes???? LOL
    Dave

Comment

since tiger want s to drag this on with on of the classic and annoying line buy lines.

question 1 , sarcasm, i made a point. what is your point?
      question 2 what does this have to do with the issue?
      if he cant do his job without flirting with female in his control, he should be terminated, their is a problem
      i could really go off on this one since there a couple local cases where people were incarcerated for over 16 years , and they were innocent of the murder, the cops lied and withheld evidence to convict the innocent kid, the true killer went on to kill again. in ny , you don't have to be truthful when being questioned by police, at least here. i say here since i know enough that it is not true everywhere. you are allowed to not incriminate yourself with local cops
      question 3, i have never been flirted with be either sex cop, however it goes back to coercion,and just like a school teacher, until the authorty, control, penality phase has passed , they should not be asking for a date. there are a lot d**k cops out there that will try to make it worse for a victim that says no. It is called coercion, it is illegal.
      if cops only pick their traffic stops for dates and cant get a date anywhere else, they are by all definitions a predator.
      and as far as your account of woman being accosted in patrol cars, yes it still happens , and in the ny area there has been a rash of buffed out vehicles that are impersonating police officers, pulling traffic stops and raping their victims, that is why any woman who was told to get in the front seat or in the car in this area would know something was wrong. Woman in this area have been instructed to call 911 and stay on the phone until the officer can be properly id, if they think the traffic stop is suspious. Maybe that is why wheelie female friend wished she had brought her phone?.
      and as far as scorp post, yes i have studied the legal system and am well versed in proper police conduct with the local police.
      putting a unfrisked suspect in the patrol car? well thats their life. i guess they haven't watched CNN when the frisked and searched prisoner overpowers and kills two or more armed police officers.
      cops have this blue wall of brotherhood, they will always back up their own even when all the evidence points to corruption or it smells. cops lie. remember ny has has some of the worse cops ala justin volpe.
      coercion is not the same as assaulted. you may not be able to see it from passenger seat of a stopped vehicle.
      but it seems you think a openly flirting cop on traffic stops is a ok thing, i don't , i listed the reasons why.
      if the cop is such a loser that he can only get a date from a captive , controlled audience he is a predator(not you pop)
      cauda equina

Comment

Who said the cop was trying to get a date?

I can understand alot of things you are saying Metro but you truly have a paranoid problem regarding police officers.

I cant imagine having to live in fear of the very people who are hired to protect me.

BTW: Mom taught me to show common sense when being pulled over also. If it dont feel right....then it probably isnt right. Obviously the girl didnt have the gut feeling or she would have refused sitting in the patrol car.

It may have been an odd stop in the eyes of wheelieboy and his friend but that doesnt mean the cop in question should be put on desk duty and be labeled a sexual predator....I am sure the good officers in New york are glad they have recordings. Personally with a city full of people who feel like Metro...I wouldnt even consider the job.
        T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Wow Metro! Issues???

I know a person in a wheelchair that is a complete asshole and he sells drugs. Going by your way of thinking EVERYONE in a wheelchair is an asshole drug dealer!

The CNN thing Metro........Yes those Detectives messed up and paid with their lives. That man was confessing to a homicide and had a hidden hadcuff key secured to his body. Handcuff keys are smaller than a quarter. BIG DIFFERENCE to this stop. He had been ARRESTED and searched. Somebody missed the key.

If he had frisked her he would have violated her rights. Can you not see that?!?!?! There is a risk to policing. Sometimes you have to weigh the risk against the benefits. If the detention would have progressed I assure you both she and Wheelie would have been patted down.

I'm not sure what you do for a living if anything, but I'm sure I could find some stereotypes and examples to throw in your face relating to your profession. Is that the right thing to do? Hell No!!!!!

ARGUE WHAT HAPPENED ON THIS STOP!!!!

Like I said before Reaction-Formation disorder. Did you maybe flunk out of the hiring process at one time?
          Dave

Comment

daisy look at the topic of the thread, read wheelie boys post about what he observed. read about where she said she had wished she brought her cell phone with her into the troopers car. i have been stopped with a woman driving and never noticed the cop flirting. he was there he obviously thought there was something that stunk about the car stop, i agree with him.
            bottom line i am saying that a cop should not be openly flirting with a female and then bringing her back to the patrol car on a speeding stop. be aware that this is on a highway, not a heavily traffic street corner with a lot of witnesses.
            the others believe that a cop flirting is ok during a car stop.
            i don't. i believe police protocol and procedure will back me up.
            cauda equina

Comment

Where's Jenn or MaryEllen with their, oh hell:

"Popcorn, anyone?"
              "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
              J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

What happened to my quotes???? LOL
                ..gotta close 'em with a backslash [quote) blah blah [/quote]

Comment

Wow, give this thread a few more days and this cop will be Uday Hussain reincarnated!

I loved the part of shotguns and rifles in front...so true! That Alabama trooper that pulled me over 10 years ago handed me his shotgun and said "Hang on to this for a second buddy" when he was making room for me to sit in the passenger seat...I swear!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy
                    I loved the part of shotguns and rifles in front...so true! That Alabama trooper that pulled me over 10 years ago handed me his shotgun and said "Hang on to this for a second buddy" when he was making room for me to sit in the passenger seat...I swear!
                    Laugh it up, Andy. You're all missing the point.

Tiger, Herco, et al. ypu're wasting your time and bandwidth. Anything you're asking me or trying to argue has already been addressed in my other posts in this thread. Have a good laugh. I find your attitudes sad, and worrisome, especially given the current state of affairs in this "free" republic we call the USA. I've said my peace. Have fun.

Comment

Clean has said his peace and is done here, again.
                      "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
                      J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

Originally posted by metronycguy
                        in ny , you don't have to be truthful when being questioned by police
                        I just pulled this tidbit out of context to make a point. Who's to say she was telling the truth about flirting?

daisy look at the topic of the thread, read wheelie boys post about what he observed.
                        Exactly what did he observe? He saw nothing and heard nothing.

i believe police protocol and procedure will back me up.
                        You just said it. Until you deem that the officer handled his jurisdictions protocal wrongly, you have no case. Sure, they don't do the same in NYC or here, but there....? Do you even know?

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Comment

Originally posted by Juke_spin
                          Clean has said his peace and is done here, again.
                          Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh... right!!!

<-------------------------------------

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Comment

Originally posted by Juke_spin
                            Where's Jenn or MaryEllen with their, oh hell:

"Popcorn, anyone?"
                            T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Interesting debate on protocol here indeed.

I posted this incident merely to get some perspective from the disabled who travel with their significant others on the roads and highways of America. I don't think there is a poster here who would not be even mildly concerned--at the time--if an officer, male or female, sat their "mate" in a patrol car on a highway, turned off his or her flashers, and kept them there conversing for a lengthy time period for a traffic stop.

I wasn't a part of the "legal equation" for the officer once my disabled status was confirmed by his sight check (good thing I had smoked all my weed up 30 miles prior to the stop--okay, I'm just kidding). The officer probably did not have "evil intentions," but neither my friend nor I are naive enough to think that he was not curious about the "candy." No reason to exaggerate the facts of the matter. Women can tell when men are "curious" about them.

Comment

Maybe, possibly, probably, she said, he said, musta, coulda, woulda... geeze.

All these suppositions and imagined scenarios are not the issue, BUT they do serve to validate the initial and subsequent posts by wheelieboy, including some of the supporting arguments by others. All these subjective perceptions and accusations are the very reason why I posted my earlier comments about needing to make extra effort to avoid as much as possible ANY perception of impropriety, with the greater burden being on the person in "charge", the authority (be police, doctor, employer, priest, teacher, etc. etc,.).

People are beginning to go down the "maybe she liked it", "she probably asked for it", routine. This only unwittingly validates what I said earlier and others have repeatedly stated. It also reinforces the need for greater adherence to rules and clear protocol.

The fact that no one was presumed harmed, does not justify anything, nor does it allow or excuse any inappropriate acts. Even if nothing was inappropriate or out of line in this case, the dismissive attitude and willingness to put aside integrity is astounding but not surprising. It's an attitude many have, that encourages the "slippery slope" that's far too common.

The lock step marching to the dum dum drrrrum beat. Why? Cuz someone told you so? Cuz they are supposed "leaders" with impressive titles? Cuz they wear a neat uniform and have a shiny little badge?

It's the kind of complacency that can be dangerous.

Comment

Working...
                                X