Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$73,000 Joystick Driven Wheelchair Minivan. what do u drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $73,000 Joystick Driven Wheelchair Minivan. what do u drive?

This is a short video clip of a vehicle that was set up with digital driving controls for a paralyzed person. After a 120 mph motorcycle accident, and suffering a high level spinal cord injury. John J2 Mryczko never thought he would be able to drive again. Five years after his injury, with training and help to receive the very expensive equipment. He is once again on the journey down the endless highway.

check it out at one of these sites.

http://www.extremechairing.com/athle...des/J2Ride.htm

or

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=1644032417

do u drive a accessible vehicle? do you have pictures?
    J2

28/M/chicago/C5-c6 quad Comp.
    [url]
    www.J2RollsOn.com

Whoa, guess I'll stop complaining about my $39,000 2001 Dodge Caravan, Sport model. It's champagne colored, no digital pic.
    Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer

Comment

How do you people afford this stuff?

Is there anyone out there that could help me find some sort of legitimate business that I could do from home?

please please please someone?

I'm broke and lonely.

If I only had some money, I could get out of my apartment once in a while.

I've got the Wisconsin Winter Blues, and no car.
      Last edited by rathole; 01-18-2007, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Actually, that van is more like $100K than $73K. I have the exact same Aevit L setup with the Digipad Gold Series II and EMC controls. Mine has the push/pull gas/brake on the right and I steer with a tri-pin on the wh
        eel itself with my left arm. My van cost $75K to build but that van has a $30K upgrade with the ''assisted wheel'' option. Ain't technology great?

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Comment

I'm a lefty too Jeff but not before sci, you?

Sorry rathole I paid with my dwindling settlement $.

Comment

Originally posted by leschinsky
            I'm a lefty too Jeff but not before sci, you?
            Always done a lot of things lefty being a righty... even post SCI Nikki.

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by 2jazzyjeff
              Actually, that van is more like $100K than $73K. I have the exact same Aevit L setup with the Digipad Gold Series II and EMC controls. Mine has the push/pull gas/brake on the right and I steer with a tri-pin on the wh
              eel itself with my left arm. My van cost $75K to build but that van has a $30K upgrade with the ''assisted wheel'' option. Ain't technology great?
              Jeff, what do you do for a living?

Damn, you're wife is smokin hot.

Yer a lucky guy.

yup yup

Comment

Jeff's wife is smoking hot? Jeff doesn't have a wife!

I hope your winter gets better, rathole.

I have a Caravan too, Leschinsky. I love the interior on it but the outside sure dents easily.
                Blog:
                Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

After I read that I think some water shot outta me nose.. I'll pass the sentiments to my sister rathole.. After all, I am close to Alabama.

Semi retarded, I mean retired and do part-time consulting from home for former employer. I don't miss that 55 mile one way drive to the office.

Comment

Originally posted by 2jazzyjeff
                    Always done a lot of things lefty being a righty... even post SCI Nikki.
                    Who's Nikki!!! Sounds like a young girl. Damn, damn damn. I had you all trained, now my little bro ruined it

Betheny I never had a car accident in my ugly Ford, the moment I got my caravan a moving van backed in next to it and tore a big hole in it very near the sliding door. The next year an elderly couple in a caravan slammed on it's breaks entering the freeway directly in front of me! My front end was smashed when i rearended them, I think $8,000 damage, but I won [my mom said the CHP officers had a crush on me ], however they had little damage.

Comment

I have a '93 caravan bought used after my accident ('99) for $14k w/ 72k miles on it. Cashed in a CD for part of it, had friends/family/church chip in for part... not entirely sure how it was covered but it was. It now has > 180k miles and is showing signs of wear, to say the least (shut up in advance, Mary). Don't think I have a pic lying around, but can snap one later if you really want. It has served me well, but is about to retire.

New ride is an '04 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. I gave up on the minivan thing. $22k or so financed through Chrysler, added a ton of modifications to it that I haven't wanted to add up the cost for yet, but they weren't cheap (then again neither is dropping a minivan floor & such). Grandparents felt sorry for me b/c of my van (haha), so they chipped in a good bit for the mods. The rest has been out of pocket from work & savings.

Comment

[QUOTE=betheny]Jeff's wife is smoking hot? Jeff doesn't have a wife!

I hope your winter gets better, rathole.

Oops sorry. lol

Thanks Betheny, I hope it gets better too. At least is hasn't been as bad as DA said it was gonna be. whew

Nice ride Scott

Comment

Originally posted by betheny
                          Jeff's wife is smoking hot? Jeff doesn't have a wife!
                          Hel, I thought Jeff was pretty, damned, good looking.

C.

Comment

Thanks for everyones responses and evryone else that checked out my thread. i had help paying for my controlls through a program n orginazation called DORS. it took 2 years of waiting but thankfully they payed for $56,000 of the eqipment. i just had to purchase a stock van. it took 3 months to get everything installed. ive always been a car guy my whole life so getting to drive again was priceless n changed many many areas of my life 180. i recomend it to everyone if possible.
                            J2

28/M/chicago/C5-c6 quad Comp.
                            [url]
                            www.J2RollsOn.com

Comment

Hi, I just bought a '99 dodge with the same set up, mine has digivoice command. does yours? If it does can you tell me how to get it to recognize my voice?

Comment

Working...
                              X