No announcement yet.

Anybody love eighties music?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look out, I still remember, and have alot of 70's music. I can even go back to the late 60's, Christ am I old or what??????

Comment

Originally posted by alhavel
      Look out, I still remember, and have alot of 70's music. I can even go back to the late 60's, Christ am I old or what??????
      Nah,

Forty is the new Thirty...

J

Comment

All that weirdness is exploited at it's height, the Manhattan disco era, in the great American Psycho. Christian Bale outdid himself as a self infatuated, meglomaniacal and homicidal psycho.
        "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
        J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

For those who need a quick 80´s fix, this will do the trick.

Check out the Public Enemy video....massive flashbacks whoa!

Of course, Missing Persons is a must see as well.
          Last edited by Mike C; 26 Dec 2006, 7:13 PM.
          "So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer

Comment

I just got a copy of Xanadu in the mail. That was one of the first movies I saw in the theatre. We also had a drive in here and Clint Eastwood's "six pack" was the first I saw there.

Yeah I lived in a "hick town"... Im sure Andy can find some visuals to help yall picture my town....LOL

I think it must be an age thing.... I am trying to keep my childhood alive....LOL My daughter is in her senior year at the same high school I stirred up so much trouble in....LOL

I also got Van Halens 5150 today too... Summer Nights is not on any other CD I have bought. It was my favorite song in the summer '86!!!
            Hot summer nights and my radio.....lalalalalala
            T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Anybody remember Menudo and Saturday morning videos? Seems they came on with Cartoons before we got cable.

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Comment

I have a trivia question for someone...LOL

The answer has alluded me for several years and maybe yall can help me out.

In the early nineties, Prince became the artist formerly known as Prince. He put out a video with gold coins coming down and he was dancing amongst them. I want to know the name of this song and I have searched everywhere....

Do yall know it?

Comment

And while we're on the subject, this from Wikipedia:

"Love is a Battlefield" was a single released from Pat Benatar's album Live From Earth, which was popular in 1983. The single has been certified gold and is her most successful single in the Americas,

And after the teasehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuOhUa5GxA0
                  J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

Originally posted by darkeyed_daisy
                    I have a trivia question for someone...LOL

The answer has alluded me for several years and maybe yall can help me out.

In the early nineties, Prince became the artist formerly known as Prince. He put out a video with gold coins coming down and he was dancing amongst them. I want to know the name of this song and I have searched everywhere....

Do yall know it?
                    Daisy - Maybe you can ask him at the next super bowl of love

Comment

Originally posted by MattGimpin
                      I totally agree, I hate '80s music
                      ELO was not too bad, and Dylan made it trough it, wish The Clash had done the same lol

Comment

Originally posted by Juke_spin
                        And while we're on the subject, this from Wikipedia:

"Love is a Battlefield" was a single released from Pat Benatar's album Live From Earth, which was popular in 1983. The single has been certified gold and is her most successful single in the Americas,

And after the teasehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuOhUa5GxA0
                        I loved Pat benatar, although it reminds of being in the hospital listening to her on my Walkman [to the younger folks that was our ipod].
                        Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer

Comment

Originally posted by leschinsky
                          I loved Pat benatar, although it reminds of being in the hospital listening to her on my Walkman [to the younger folks that was our ipod].
                          If you follow the link you'll find out the "secret" of her breakthrough. Weird and interesting.
                          J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

Is it Diamonds and Pearls?
                            http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/prince/videos.jhtml
                            Shannon
                            C6/7 incomplete
                            20 yrs post sci

"falling is easy it's getting back up that becomes the problem, becomes the problem" Staind
                            "A synonym is a word you use when you can't spell the word you first thought of.:" :-)
                            - Burt Bacharach

Comment

Originally posted by 30something
                              Thanks for the site. It wasnt that one although there are gold coins in it. "Gold" is the one I was thinking of and there are gold coins in it too....thanks for finding the song for me.

Comment

Originally posted by darkeyed_daisy
                                Thanks for the site. It wasnt that one although there are gold coins in it. "Gold" is the one I was thinking of and there are gold coins in it too....thanks for finding the song for me.
                                I prefer "Cream", no comments Juke
                                Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer

Comment

Working...
                                X