other family members sci

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

other family members sci

Im mindy and been a C6/7 injury since age 17, im 25 now. Mu question is are there people here who have others in family with sci or is my family doomed. I have a distant cousin thats a para but we dont relly see each other but last month my sister age 19 became a c4 injury, that is just to wierd, anyone else go through this. Mindy

It does happen. I have had three patients with siblings who already had a SCI, 3 who had parents with a SCI, and 2 that had uncles with SCI. Quite a few more had close friends with SCI.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Well its good to know uour family is not cursed then. As my sister rehabs I have been able to offer support, since I went through it. It will be weird though for my parents having us both in chairs.

Comment

Chad's cousin sustained an SCI 2 years ago. No curse, just a statistical anamoly ... a sad one though. (( hug ))
        Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

Comment

Yes, I have a distant cousin who's been a quad since the 70's.

Comment

Working...
          X