need to talk to someone!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need to talk to someone!!!

I think I'm in the wrong part of the forum. I sometimes just need to vent and maybe even get advice from people who know exactly what I'm going thru. It's hard to talk to people who have never been where I am at. I always get the " I know it's hard, but...". I just feel like saying "Yeah, it's hard...period. You can stop right there". They mean well, but they could not begin to understand. I don't want psych therapy. I just want to talk, maybe even yell a little.

Feel free to "yell" and "vent" on CareCure. I'm not sure if you meant you wanted to speak to people in person or scream at them over the internet. You can post to the "life" forum for venting, "pain" for pain management, "care" for health/medical concerns.

Sometimes there are people in chat (usually later in the evening), accessible by clicking "A/V Chat" or "FlashChat."

Are there local support groups in your area? You might contact Santa Clara Valley Med to inquire if there are support groups near you.
    Daniel

Comment

Talk to me. It will be your best decision you ever made.

Comment

Like Dan_nc says, these forums are the only place I'm aware of that are set up just for you, with a wealth of knowledge and experience that people are eager to share with you. You will find that your own experiences are an asset: as others help you, you can help them, too - it's sorta like the Three Musketeers - "one for all and all for one." So vent away. You can be sure that some people here know exactly what you're talking about.
        - Richard

Comment

Vent all you want here. If you bring the whine, I'll bring the cheese and crackers.

Comment

Originally posted by rfbdorf
            Like Dan_nc says, these forums are the only place I'm aware of that are set up just for you, with a wealth of knowledge and experience that people are eager to share with you. You will find that your own experiences are an asset: as others help you, you can help them, too - it's sorta like the Three Musketeers - "one for all and all for one." So vent away. You can be sure that some people here know exactly what you're talking about.
            - Richard
            I agree absolutely. Finding this website was like striking gold. Tiff
            "Everyone learns faster on fire".

"First she spoke with a voice, then she spoke with her own".

Comment

You guys put a lump in my throat. People come here when they need us, and vanish when they don't. But through it all I guess Carecure serves its purpose.

Vent away. The rest of us certainly do.
              Blog:
              Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

What do you want to talk about or vent? I'll start I lost most of my pics last night in football (except for the Falcons) I almost busted a leg bag, I was in a hurry to make may pics (bad choice) Then I got drunk and I'll be dang it was time to go to work again and do another Monday.

Comment

Yesterday, I went to marine world for frightfest with my son and boyfriend. A guy was talking to someone a wasn't paying attention. He fell on me. I saw fire in my boyfriend's eyes. The guy almost got knocked out. I had to try to calm him down. Two more people almost ran into me also. I was on the defense and ready to punch the next person that I thought was about to run into me. I'm just like, peoples kids are as low to the ground as I am. If they fell on someones child they would definetely hear about it. It was very frustrating. I don't always have bad things to say, sometimes I can't help it. Every day is a challenge

Comment

kkmay,Your words of inspiration are my favorite so far. Also, why will it be the best decision I ever made. Please, try to keep the God talk to a minimum. I do believe, but if I hear one more person say"god dosen't put more on you then you can handle". I will scream. That is so not true.
                    Last edited by Crybaby2025; 10-24-2006, 04:33 AM.

Comment

I'm AB, my wife is T5. I recognize in your bf similar overprotectiveness and hostility towards others who might be threatening to that I have felt. I think it's pretty common; I'm maybe 50% over it after 16 months now.
                      I don't think I've seen anyone lay the god thing on someone in that way on CC, although there's the complete spectrum of religious beliefs here - from 0 to 100%. If faith helps someone, that's great, more power to them. I believe that things happen to us based on probability and one's own strengths and weaknesses, and that one can change the odds by one's own behavior.
                      The free and open exchange of ideas and experiences is one kind of behavior that can work wonders. I have learned a hell of a lot here on CC over the months, both things that help me and my wife directly, and also I've found that our experiences are similar to those of others, although no two are identical. It helps very much to know that you're not alone in dealing with this most frustrating of all conditions. Just the act of venting serves as a catharsis; it really helps. It also is a great and very rewarding feeling to occasionally know that you are helping someone else.
                      You may need to develop a thick skin. For example, it's entirely possible that someone will take you to task for your screen name. But it takes a long time to get through the crying stage, if indeed that ever happens entirely - we're sure not over it. Although it doesn't happen as often as before, there's still the occasional breakdown. But we're still newbies at this.
                      best wishes,
                      - Richard

Comment

Originally posted by Crybaby2025
                        Yesterday, I went to marine world for frightfest with my son and boyfriend. A guy was talking to someone a wasn't paying attention. He fell on me. I saw fire in my boyfriend's eyes. The guy almost got knocked out. I had to try to calm him down. Two more people almost ran into me also. I was on the defense and ready to punch the next person that I thought was about to run into me. I'm just like, peoples kids are as low to the ground as I am. If they fell on someones child they would definetely hear about it. It was very frustrating. I don't always have bad things to say, sometimes I can't help it. Every day is a challenge
                        Alot of times people do not see you at your level so be on the look out it will hapens again. I have had to grab many people by the arm to keep them from falling over me. It is like a reflex no after all theses years. I went to sa treet part one time in Atlanta a the crowd started falling over me there was just no where to go so a bunch of guy got around me and locked arms a we kept on having a party . I also found out the didi not make whellchair accesible porta potties.

Comment

im sure the guy must have been embarrassed too. bummer that happened to you. it will happen again. I hope I doesnt discourage you from going out.

Comment

My words exactly vent! We all need that next person to speak out.
                            coolbreeze c6/7

Keep on moving don't stop!

Comment

I've been there. I usually go with the pre-emptive strike now of touching their arm or back to let them know I'm near and not to trip over me. You might get used to situations like that in a crowd and be ready for it. Just takes practice.

It's natural for your boyfriend to be overprotective as well. I even found my friends reacted the same way.

It wasn't your problem. Not in my opinion. The guy should have been watching where he was walking! The fates give working legs to people who don't know how to use them! lol Bi-pedal fools.
                              Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Working...
                              X