No announcement yet.

Are you working ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Employed seasonally part time, once I get a few health issues sorted out I'm going to look for full time, I think i need to grow up & get a "real job"

Comment

I work full time for the National health service in London - over here workplaces have to make "reasonable adjustments" for disabled people - they used to largely ignore this but it's getting much better and working for a large organisation means they are very good at ensuring everything is as i need it.

Comment

Atty, full time and then some.

Comment

Not today Football rules

Comment

Originally posted by titanium4motion
            so I may ingress of the facility.

they got their money worth on your education ......
            T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

Domestic engineer? The most valuable but yet noticed. I any person that holds that, because I did both for 10 years and it was tough for my son and I yet I paid insurance and child support to his Mom who left us.

Comment

been engineer for 25 yrs. injured 20 yrs. am tired, in pain and ready to quit. but afraid of losing my benefits, esp. health ins. single mom to 14 yr old so it's not just me.

Comment

Do other people who work full time (i'm including parents in that - can't think of a more full-time job!) find they get much more tired since they were injured? I seem to be exhausted all the time these days and i don't think it's my age - i'm only 32!!

Comment

Originally posted by CPollard
                    Do other people who work full time (i'm including parents in that - can't think of a more full-time job!) find they get much more tired since they were injured? I seem to be exhausted all the time these days and i don't think it's my age - i'm only 32!!
                    Definitely. It seems random as well. I can be fine then WHAM! for two days
                    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

Comment

I find I go down as the week goes on. I just like to get out of this dang chair. Do the math I get up at 5:15 am, couple transfers to wo work at least they ALL day in wheelchair and 5:15 pm if I am lucky so we are doing hard time at work. I really get pissed at my boss for not getting me a chair because I am all over the building. I do like to move around a be active but just a few minutes out of this wheelchair makes a big difference. I sometime sneak into an empty room so I can lay on my stomach and let my legs spazm out and it fell like a pain reliever.

Comment

Thanks everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by CPollard
                          I'm 21yrs post and have been working full time for the last 16 yrs. Even with my sci I could work all day and go out after work and still make it to work the next day in good shape but just in the last few years its been getting harder to get up and make it to work and not be tired. I rarely go out after work and if I do I usually come in late the next day. So Yeah, I'm exhausted.
                          A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

Comment

Internet all day

I was buying cars in the North Eastern United States because they were cheaper. I would bring them to Houston, Texas and sell them for a small profit. But the guys that were helping me gave up on me so i'm starting an online phone store now until I have enough to buy one of those trucks that can carry 4 cars at a time. I have a plan for cheap car rentals. It'll be like mid 90s to 2000s but instead of renting them by day it will be by the month. Like $180 a month but you can terminate the rental whenever. I'm thinking it'll be good for people who need a decent car but don't have $5,000 or more and don't want to be stuck in a 5 year lease either. But hopefull the Care Cure Community will have a place to buy nice cell phones at a cheaper pirce soon. I'm sill working on the site but its called www.quality1-cellular.com and I have only a few phones and ear pieces being that i've been working on it only a week and need to get good providers to give everyone a cheaper price than the competition.
                            AstrO

Comment

YUP, work full time. everyone capable should work. yes its a challenge sometimes, but hey thats what makes life fun.
                              Bike-on.com rep
                              John@bike-on.com
                              c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                              sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

i am self employed for over 25 yrs same business transportation industry. i went back to work as soon as i got home. i would go mad stir crazy if i didn/t
                                plus i have this habit i like electricity gas food. it take money. the only thing is i nolonger make sale calles. in person. i hate the way i look.
                                i agree with getting tired i work 50 60 hrs a week. but iits a home in my office
                                i cann/t image where i would get the stenght to drive like a friend of mine done 2 hrs a day plus 50 hrs i am 55 hurt 5 yrs

Comment

Working...
                                X