No announcement yet.

WooHoo!!! I'm Texas Bound!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McDuff - no need to apologize. I owe you many thanks for checking it out and giving me the heads up. My dad was home at lunch and we were talking about cancelling. I'm glad we didn't. I did tell him about what you said and the tittie bars and he was like...let's go. That's my dad for ya. From what I am told by other Dallas people I know I am in an area that is just surrounded by other airport hotels. That's fine. If we have to hop in a cab one night to meet up with everyone that's cool with me. The La Quinta has a shuttle service within a 5 mile radius.

So we'll keep our reservation at the La Quinta. I know there are a few restaurants by it, but couldn't tell you what right off hand. I'd like to go to a good Texas hang out with good food and drinks. If you have any good ideas for that am open to suggestions. Thanks McDuff!! I hope to meet you this weekend.
    "Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today." ~ James Dean
    http://www.kristi-allen.com

Comment

Love to love you baby girl!!!

GO BIRDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hUGS N KISSES...

Joe
      And the truth shall set you free.

Comment

Andy enjoys eating Tuna for lunch!
        Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Comment

Originally posted by NoDecafPlz
          Love to love you baby girl!!!

GO BIRDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hUGS N KISSES...

Joe
          It was FUN for a while! Time for a new QB! Maybe I'll see Romo in next week. 7 sacks. Philly could have hit him a little harder for me to get my wish. Good game.

Comment

Kristi,

Talked to my b-i-l, he said he always takes his out of town folks to this place:

http://www.laharanch.com/

It is definitely Texas atmosphere, check out the 360's of the Colleyville location.

it is on the westside of DFW, and your hotel is on the eastside. But it looks to be 5-6 miles between the two. Just a thought, he said real good Tex-Mex food and some great steaks. Also known for their Margaritas.

Maybe you can check w/ La Quinta and see if it falls in their shuttle zone.
            Last edited by McDuff; 9 Oct 2006, 10:24 PM.
            "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion McDuff. I'll check it out. Dad isn't a fan of Tex Mex, but he does love a good steak. Know any good places that have GREAT salsa. When I was in Austin about 6 years ago everywhere we went to eat they had fresh salsa and jalepeno ranch dip for you to eat while you waited for your food. I'm dying for fresh salsa. Never get the good stuff up here.

Have you heard of Saltgrass?? http://www.saltgrass.com My friend Bryan is going to meet up with us and he says this place is good for steaks too. He and I open to just about anything. I don't eat FISH or anything that SWIMS!

These are the restaurants that the hotel lists by them:
              Denny's, 2 mi.
              Chili's, 5 mi.
              Don Pablo's, 5 mi.
              El Fenix, 5 mi.
              Grady's American Grill, 5 mi.
              Olive Garden, 5 mi.
              Outback Steakhouse, 5 mi.
              Romano's Macaroni Grill, 5 mi.
              Saltgrass Steak House, 5 mi.
              TGI Friday's, 5 mi.

The one's in bold I have never been to. We just had Olive Garden so we probably don't want Italian again. A good steak place sounds good to me and where the shuttle will take us.

I got into MY wheelchair today and drove Witten around and picked up a few things for the trip. I didn't put a shoe on my leg that is broken as my knee doesn't want to bend enough to get on the footplate. That might be a problem. I wore one ugly hospital boot and my jeans covered most of it. Might be doing that this weekend. The joint is stiff and needs to be worked on. Hopefully by the time I get there it will be somewhat bendable. If not, I'm wearing an ugly boot and I don't care!!

You still thinking of coming McDuff?? Carl...how about you?

Comment

Originally posted by Kristi
                These are the restaurants that the hotel lists by them:

Don Pablo's, 5 mi. Mexican food REALLY GOOD my favorite chain mexican restaurant, but nearing the pricy side(easily $15-$20/person)...you asked about salsa, they have great salsa, but even better Queso dip...YUM...I consider their Queso a meal in & of itself.

Grady's American Grill, 5 mi.

Romano's Macaroni Grill, 5 mi. Mostly an Italian restaurant, also on the pricy side. I've only been there once or twice, but I remember them being good...They have wandering singers throughout the restaurant (italian opera mostly) and paper & crayons on the tables for you to draw while you wait ...

The one's in bold I have never been to. We just had Olive Garden so we probably don't want Italian again. A good steak place sounds good to me and where the shuttle will take us.
                As ya can tell, I gave ya a lil info on the restaurants I know highlighted in red....I THINK Grady's is more of a family style little of everything american restaurant...MIGHT be buffet style, but I can't remember off the top of my head, so I didn't highlight that one...

CONGRATS on getting in your chair & WITTEN today!!!! I bet you were thrilled to do that I'm sure you're getting pretty excited about this weekend...Have a wonderful trip.
                Last edited by Broknwing; 10 Oct 2006, 12:59 AM.
                'Chelle
                L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

Comment

that's funny we had talked about looking up a saltgrass we eat there when we go out of town since we don't have one here in Victoria .. it's really delicious!

Comment

Kristi,

Yeah the wife and I are thinking about it, my brother's not coming into town til Sunday. So sat is kinda free, could do an afternoon thing maybe,

Out of your list, I'd go for Saltgrass too. Man no Tex-Mex and no fishies, y'all kinda limit the choices.

I'll pm ya for # exchange.

Comment

Kristi, I've never been to a bad Saltgrass. McDuff is right, though, you suck the joy right out of eating with those limitations!

If it weren't for the Tex-mex ban, I'd suggest Pappasito's. I think it's the best chain food ever.

I can't believe yall are going to Texas and not eating Tex-Mex. My family of former Texans complain about missing it pretty much daily.
                      Blog:
                      Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Betheny is right Pappasito's is goood. Actually the Pappas family has a few restaurants, Pappadeux's(seafood) and a $$$ steakhouse called Pappas Bros., right near Tx Stadium.
                        Last edited by McDuff; 10 Oct 2006, 10:20 PM.

Comment

You are talking to the world's pickiest eater...I'm getting better at trying new things, but I'm still pretty damn picky. Dad and I will be there Friday night til Monday afternoon. I'm sure we will eventually check out at least one Tex Mex place. Neither of us are a fan of Mexican unless it's just tacos, nachos, or salsa. Fish and seafood will never go near my mouth and if it even touches my food (like grilled on the same grill as my food) I WILL taste it and will cry! That has happened before!!! I sucked down my alcohol and didn't eat my steak. Dad tasted it and he is like yup, it tastes like fish. Total nightmare for me. I ended up ordering a desert for MY meal that night. Daddy loves fish and seafood.

McDuff - We can do something in the afternoon if you like. I want to go tour the Stadium sometime in the afternoon, but they do that every hour til 4 PM so I can do that just about anytime. Depends on what time I want to wake up on Saturday. Rock on that we get to meet.

Sounds like Saltgrass will be the place to eat supper on Saturday night. Everyone that wants to go PM me on a good time. 5, 6, or 7??

So right now my list of people are Bryan (a friend from SD and now a Texan), CLC, McDuff, and olossgirl plus the people you bring with you. Might be a couple of more people, but they are last minute decisions as they are not sure they can get off of work. It will be a good time.

Comment

Kristi,

Just re-pm'ed you b4 reading this.

I think a supper meetup sounds good, free you up to snooze in and still tour the stadium. If you're looking for headcount, wife and me.

Call ya later in the week and make sure all is still a go for us, been working a lot of weekends(schedule crunch).

Comment

I'm in DALLAS!! Haven't seen much of it other than the short drive from the airport to our hotel. I left Sioux Falls and the temp was 23 degrees and I was all bundled up in three layers of clothes and just before we got into Dallas the pilot said it was a beautiful 70 degree sunny day. He was right. I eventally took my hood off my head in the plane and then the whole hoodie when we landed.

I'm not one of those people that have to turn their cell phones on the minute the plane lands. It's kind of nice just being away from all the ringing for a few hours, but there are people just waiting to turn their's on. I turned mine on after we got our luggage (very quick process) and went outside to enjoy the sunshine. When I turned it on I had a sweet southern welcome message from McDuff. I gave him a call and let him know I was in town. After that we got a cab, got to the hotel and while trying to figure out my internet connection I CRASHED on the bed for about 2 1/2 hours. I was up at 5:30 AM for our 8:20 AM flight which was delayed 2 1/2 hours. I slept as best I could on the plane.

Still trying to arrange dinner plans with everyone. So far McDuff and wife and my friend Bryan are confirmed. Still waiting for Carl and oloss to get back to me. It'll be a fun party with whoever shows up. The more the merrier. I have my camera cord so you might see some pics before I head home.

Comment

we are in for supper .. I'll call you when we get closer to Dallas ... we will be going to the state fair.

Comment

Working...
                                X