Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What song would you use to Torture .........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wanttolive
    Tim McGraw - "Live Like You Were Dying"

I've always wondered: what exactly is the guy in the song supposed to be dying of? He goes sky diving, climbs mountains, rides a bull, etc.

Between my battle with cancer and my limited mobility, I'm lucky to find the energy to take a shower every day. A trip to Wal-mart wears me out. I want *his* disease! LOL!

WantToLive
    Cancer-Related SCI, 12/26/05

P.S. -- Our stupid radio station has a ridiculous habit of playing songs about death just before the 6 a.m. news. They love the one listed above, along with several others. It's a real "upper" first thing in the morning.
    I think I saw an interview once on CMT...and in the song he is talking to a guy who was diagnosed with cancer at 40. I think it is more or less saying live each day as if their are not tomorrows and take chances. My daughter's best friend was diagnosed with stage 4 non hodgkins lymphoma last year at 16. That song has become her anthem for living each day to the fullest.

Now keeping with the title of this thread and country music.......
    I could definately torture someone with Trace Adkins song padonkadonk or whatever it is(not sure about the spelling). I would rather hear someone scrape their nails across a blackboard than to hear this song on the radio.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by doingtimeonmyass
      Well the person is already confined and probably shitting him/herself not knowing what's to come. So I'd take it a step further on the sinister scale and play Closer (to God), by Nine Inch Nails.
      Help me get away from myself / I want to...

Love that song.

As for Vanilla Ice, he has a MySpace page.
      ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Comment

Originally posted by michaelm
        If you had the chance to put someone [ like someone who did you wrong and you want some revenge or someone you just want to see miserable] in a tiny room with nothing in it...no windows ...just a chair... and they had to stay in there for 8 hours and you would get to pick a song that just plays over and over for the whole eight hours and it never stops ....and lets say it will be turned up pretty loudly ..... What song would you pick ?
        Sweet Dreams by Eurythmics

Mandy by Barry Manilo
        ^^(A)^^

Comment

Now keeping with the title of this thread and country music.......
          I could definately torture someone with Trace Adkins song padonkadonk or whatever it is(not sure about the spelling). I would rather hear someone scrape their nails across a blackboard than to hear this song on the radio.
          A woman in my office has that freakin' song as her ring tone.
          BeeBee

Comment

The Walker, Texas Ranger theme.
            ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Comment

Any tune neutered by Muzak. Ugh.

Comment

'Starspangled Banner', except Jimi Hendrix's version. I'd take that on a desert island. Now I am even with you , C-spine (But I'll most likely get in trouble with the TWINS).

BTW, Scotty, Bjork is waaayyy coool, and sexy!! Great singer!!
                Last edited by artsyguy1954; 24 Jul 2006, 11:59 AM.
                Step up, stand up for:
                http://www.stepnow.org

'He not busy being born is busy dying." <Bob Dylan>

Comment

"Mandy" by Barry Manilo.......
                  ^^(A)^^

Comment

Originally posted by LaMemChose
                    Any tune neutered by Muzak. Ugh.
                    MEM, have you heard of The High Llamas? I kept reading great reviews for this band, so I bought one of the albums, "Hawaii".
                    OMFG - I was so angry with myself when I heard the album; it is truly atrocious - like Muzak, only I'd rather listen to Muzak than Hawaii.

I sold the album on Amazon Marketplace, as I was loathe to throw it in the bin (even though the noise of the album hitting the bottom of the bin would be more musical than Hawaii).
                    I really could not bear knowing this cd was tainting my home.
                    Some poor person actually bought the disc; whoever it was obviously felt aurally violated as soon as they played the cd.

Comment

Originally posted by keps
                      MEM, have you heard of The High Llamas? I kept reading great reviews for this band, so I bought one of the albums, "Hawaii".
                      OMFG - I was so angry with myself when I heard the album; it is truly atrocious - like Muzak, only I'd rather listen to Muzak than Hawaii.

I sold the album on Amazon Marketplace, as I was loathe to throw it in the bin (even though the noise of the album hitting the bottom of the bin would be more musical than Hawaii).
                      I really could not bear knowing this cd was tainting my home.
                      Some poor person actually bought the disc; whoever it was obviously felt aurally violated as soon as they played the cd.
                      LOLoudest Karen! Didn't think anything could be more painful than schmarmy Muzak.

I hear you on a bad CD tainting your home. Much worse when it's actually played and taints your ears.

Note to self: Avoid High Llamas at all costs.

Comment

MEM - I genuinely did find this cd to be much more horrible than muzak.

If you feel you can take it, here's a link to the album on Amazon.com. There's samples...are you brave enough to listen to any of them?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...e=UTF8&s=music
                        Last edited by keps; 24 Jul 2006, 4:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by keps
                          MEM - I genuinlely did find this cd to be much more horrible than muzak.

If you feel you can take it, here's a link to the album on Amazon.com. There's samples...are you brave enough to listen to any of them?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...e=UTF8&s=music
                          LMAOffffffff Keps. I believe you, truly do. I know you're a music afficionado and have varied tastes. If you say something is worse than Muzak, I def trust it is. You know your tunage.

Feeling brave, bold and daring. Going to try a bit o' High Llamas. Will report back if I don't go catatonic from the experience.

Clicking the link in 3 .... 2 ... 1 ... **click**

Comment

Originally posted by LaMemChose
                            LMAOffffffff Keps. I believe you, truly do. I know you're a music afficionado and have varied tastes. If you say something is worse than Muzak, I def trust it is. You know your tunage.

Feeling brave, bold and daring. Going to try a bit o' High Llamas. Will report back if I don't go catatonic from the experience.

Clicking the link in 3 .... 2 ... 1 ... **click**
                            Mem, you can't go where you already are.
                            "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
                            J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

Hey Keps. It wouldn't open on Windows Media, Real Player or Amazon. I think it's the God of Quads way of saving me from a fate worse than Muzak.

Comment

Originally posted by Juke_spin
                                Mem, you can't go where you already are.
                                LOL Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X