No announcement yet.

Pet Peeves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When people with SCI Slate others for advocating for a cure. It makes me embarassed to be connected with them via injury. I mean what sort of person would be PROUD to have SCI..........It's just gross. By all means have no interest in it, but to put people down, despicable.

Comment

Originally posted by Cherrylips
      When people with SCI Slate others for advocating for a cure. It makes me embarassed to be connected with them via injury. I mean what sort of person would be PROUD to have SCI..........It's just gross. By all means have no interest in it, but to put people down, despicable.
      Agreed.

Comment

People who use improper grammar. If it's your mother tongue, use it correctly.

- "It's" is not "its."
        - "Your" is not "you're."
        - A lot is two words.
        - "Awhile" follows a verb, "a while" follows a preposition.
        - Using "me" is proper English; have no fear using it. Using "I" incorrectly makes you look worse. You and I (subject) went to the store. He gave the drinks to you and me (object).

Comment

Originally posted by Le Type Français

- "It's" is not "its."
          - A lot is two words.
          - Using "me" is proper English; have no fear using it. Using "I" incorrectly makes you look worse. You and I (subject) went to the store. He gave the drinks to you and me (object).
          Oh, thank you Todd!!!! You took the words straight out of my mouth.
          If there is light
          it will find
          you

--Charles Bukowski

Comment

Right on Todd, you will not find "alot" in the dictionary. A lot of people make that mistake.

Comment

confusing two and too and to
              T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

- "It's" is not "its."
                I just corrected a patent application with at least 50 instances of "it's" where "its" was appropriate.
                - Richard

Comment

since it is pet peeves...

Originally posted by buzz_jukey
                  This time your neediness has generated a purely gratuitous but Freudian fantasy, Jeffers. I'm sorry to have to dissapoint you, but the scenario you've generated exists, so far, only between those handle-bar ears of your's. Rest assured, however; if we are ever looking for semen to fill in as above, your application will be given the special attention and consideration it so clearly deserves.
                  always hearing blah, blah, blah.... everytime this buzzard posts.. you always borrow the book from ''the dictionary duo'', but still... just comes out!!!!

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Comment

- "It's" is not "its."
                    - A lot is two words.
                    Hey Todd, the word "Alot" does exist -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alot

Comment

Originally posted by keps
                      Hey Todd, the word "Alot" does exist -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alot

LMAO....leave it to Keps to find a legitimate use of Alot however now there's gonna be someone posting that their pet peeve is people quoting wikipedia as a reference source....lol
                      'Chelle
                      L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

Comment

Alot of Hindi is spoken in Alot.

2005: She talked about death: “My philosophy on life is it could be alot better. Like I would’ve never gotten into this mess if I wouldn’t have tried to commit suicide. Actually I was just trying to make myself sick. But then again it could be alot worse!" — Aphrodite Jones, "Cruel Sacrifice"
                        "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

Comment

Originally posted by Juke_spin
                          LO-Fxxking-L, Bob; anything an old man can do to please a rapidly aging one.

If you screwed up two PCs does that mean you leaned both of them up against a sub?

BTW, my memorization skills are still very sharp and no search was necessary.

Your post put a big smile on my face...now I think I'll brew a cup of my fly-killer coffee (any flying too near the rising fumes go into tightening spirals until they burn up all their fuel and fall dead), eat something (not necessarily in that order) and spend some time on the throne.
                          Hi Juke_spin,

No. My sister's computer is a mid-tower and my old Alienware is a tall. If Alienware makes 'em any bigger you'll need to have your doors widened to get them through! So her's never got close enough to the magnet to do it any harm. After I thought that I totalled her's out I put the side panels back on it and flipped it on its side. I put a towel over it (a funeral shroud) so I wouldn't scratch it or desecrate the dead and put the Alienware on top of it.... making my makeshift dead microwave oven/sister's dead computer a taller and more accessible "workbench". And that's what brought the PSU and PS/2 receptacle up to the height of the subwoofer, "burning" them out.

The bitch was that I already had my sister's computer 100% by just formatting and clean installing, finally upgrading it to SP-2 and installing her favorite programs and tweaking and setting up certain utilities etc. After MS started their WGA (Windows Genuine Advantage) crap I warned her against going to the Update Center for the updates even though MS "claimed" it would still allow any "key code" to update the "critical security" downloads. I've been using a "Corporate Edition" of XP Pro since XP was first released and it doesn't require any activation from MS. One could argue the legality of it! Anyway, the day after MS' WGA protocol was released there were cracks posted on the Internet but playing the "cat and mouse" game, although I don't mind playing it.... it keeps me sharp, my sister wouldn't be interested in it. So I had a first release copy of an executable XP SP-2 here on my storage drive that didn't have any of the WGA related crap in it and used that to update with and then set her up with a good firewall and antivirus program and that should have gotten her by. She only needed the computer for a month or so until she/we got around to ordering her a new Dell and having it delivered.

She feels giggly now because she's so legal... I even had a corporate copy of Office XP that I installed on her computer but that was a royal pain in the ass to keep updated. Lots of key number generators and registry hacks etc. She was always afraid that Bill Gates would come busting down her door with an FBI SWAT team and haul her off to Software Pirate Prison. I think a copy of Office XP was around $400 when it was first released. Outrageous... even for a monopoly. Talk about illegalities..... and sheer gall!

Her computer was getting old by any standard (8 years... she finally figured out Evy's age because she remembered she had it before her last marriage) and although I upgraded the key components in it (the hard drive being the most likely to go was only a year old) anything that's in a hot box for 8 years is gonna start to behave erratically. I mean the computer, not her husband!

I called her on the phone and told her it was ready and I'd have Dave deliver it. That's another story but for brevities' sake and your sanity I wont go there! Well, we got to talking and decided, since I had no use for it, to put the CD burner from my Alienware into it. A quick 1 hour job. Well Evy (my sister's computer) didn't approve of the CD burner and went haywire on me. Warning Will Rogers, warning.... as I got all these error messages about ATAPI compliance and whatever. That's what caused the prematurely pronounced death of Evy and the other problems that followed.

That's when I decided to fix up and setup my old Alienware to give her until we could order the new Dell. And that's how the magnet came to cause the problems in the Alienware.

I felt so bad leaving my sister "computerless" that I decided to give it one last shot and lo and behold was able to resurrect Evy from the dead and many loaves, fishes and vessels of vino were given out in celebratory manna.... manner.

Oh, now Ali is dead again.... something about "Initializing the USB" according to the LED Diagnostic Codes.... looks like I'll be getting my wish and a new $20 motherboard soon. The PS/2 to USB adapter was working fine and I was about to format and clean install XP.....again. I was just getting into the XP Setup and decided (for some stupid reason) to use the Secondary IDE Master instead of Slave optical drive. When I tried again no output from the video card. Another 10 hours later and still nothing. I switched everything around in there except the color of the paint.... still no go. I think the subwoofer magnet screwed up everything in the upper rear of the computer (PSU and PS/2 and USB ports/motherboard) and it's just a matter of time before the USB and whatever else is located in that area of the motherboard died or dies. I'm not done with it yet but I have a feeling that Ali is!

Is crazy-shirted Jeff still picking on you?

My sister's new Dell.... and yes...you guessed it... her name is Delly!

Oh, another Pet Peeve of mine. When someone, just for the sake of one shot, includes an old framed picture of her favorite brother. Hmm, that picture looks familiar.
                          "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

Comment

Originally posted by bob clark
                            Is crazy-shirted Jeff still picking on you?
                            of course.. he makes it so easy..

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

Comment

Jeff, ignore the shirt jokes. Im just glad to see Liberaces clothes went to a good home.

Comment

LOL Ian.. thanks fer playin'..

Comment

Working...
                                X