No announcement yet.

Being Content With Where You Live..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love where I am. I finally feel like I am "home"... I've never felt like I had roots or belonged anywhere. I think that's part of being in a military family, then living with a mother that had no clue what she wanted. She moved us kids once a year. I kid you not. My husband didn't understand how I could live in a house for 3 years and never really unpack or put pictures on the wall. Then again, this is a guy who lives in the same town he was born in. We are living in the house he grew up in. I am sitting on our bed in his old bedroom as I type this. Area-wise, I am where I want to be. It's an old town, and a lot of places -- the majority -- are not accessible, but I deal.

We are planning on building an accessible house in the next 5 years. We will be in the same spot. His family's ashes are spread on this property, so we will stay. I think part of the reason I am so content is HE has roots. Something I've never had. Maybe that's part of the attraction.

I spent 16 years of my life growing up in various small towns in WV. My mom's family is there and I know people there. Since my grandmother died, I feel I have nothing there to go back to. I have no desire to relive the hell that was my life growing up. If I never go back, I will not be disappointed.
    http://official-linerider.com/index.html

Comment

I'm still looking for home. This ain't it.
      Blog:
      Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Originally posted by betheny
        I'm still looking for home. This ain't it.
        Home is with a family, I don't have, but perhaps someday again.

Comment

I have lived in Boca Raton, FL for 15 years to be near Bruckers Biofeedback (big mistake) & I'm originally from Media, Pa. I'm going to move to Carlsbad, Ca for a few months to attend Project Walk. If is doesn't work out for me I'm moving back to PA or to Phoenix. I hope that will be my final move.
          "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

-Christopher Reeve on his Paralysis

Comment

Anna

I know what you are saying. When I use to own my service station it was located in a area I never really cared for, but I had to be near my business. The location was only 35 miles from where I currently live, but what a world of difference. I live on the coast along the ocean now and love it, where my station was inland and about ten degrees colder and lots more snow in the winters, totally different climate for being so close. As I remember you were living in Mackay? maybe it is being close to the ocean that you miss? I know with me that was the case.
            "Life is about how you
            respond to not only the
            challenges you're dealt but
            the challenges you seek...If
            you have no goals, no
            mountains to climb, your
            soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

i've been to mackay and the whitsundays nearby are insanely beautiful, there is an island off of airlie that i visited two days in a row that i can see myself at right now. are those ferries accessible? home is where my toothbrush is, i'm just waiting to go to heaven.
              Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened

Comment

i agree with the family thing, assuming you have good relations with your family. my family have all passed away since my injury, but i have a family of friends where i am happy living. i chose the area, then found the "family."

Comment

I'm with Dan on this one: home is definitely where the heart is!

Comment

I would love to move...

...somewhere where it's warmer...I always wanted to live in a lighthouse and make sand castles in the sand...my friend from FL sends me pictures of the ocean and the beach...I want to be there so bad...For Christmas one year, he sent me the "beach"...a bucket of seashells and some sand from FL to play in...which was nice of him...lol...

Comment

Working...
                    X