No announcement yet.

Big sis just got diagnosed with breast cancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i've lost several ppl to cancer. 2 to breast cancer. i am hoping for the best. therapies have improved. my thoughts are with you and sis. i'm sure you have the best oncologist out there. please keep us informed.

Comment

Sorry joe. Cancer treatment is quite advanced now though. My mother was diagnosed with advanced ovarian cancer about 3 years ago, was in a clinical trial for a new chemo and never lost her hair and never threw up, and the cancer hasn't returned. I hope you're sister is as lucky.
      Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer

Comment

Ahhhhhh man, I am so sorry! I don't know what to say but I wish you all the very best. Keep hope alive. Try to stay positive!

Comment

Joe~
          Your sister, you and family are in my thoughts and prayers. Please check your PM.
          Every day I wake up is a good one

Comment

Awwww man,sorry here to that..

Wishin the best to her and the family bud...

Comment

How are things going, Joe? Y'all are still in my prayers.

Teena

Comment

Sorry to hear that, I hope everything turns out okay.

your in my thoughts & prayers.
                Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Comment

So sorry to hear your news Joe ..... seems as though I know a number of women going throught the whole breast cancer thing .. but as unpleasant as it is they have all come out the other side and beat the thing .. so hang in there ... I pray your Sis has the same outcome ... life's a biotch .. light and prayers on the way !! {{{{hug for you and your Sis}}}} ...

Obieone
                  ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
                  Jane Siberry

Comment

It's stage IIIb meaning spread to the lymph nodes. They will start with 4 types of chemo immediately. Thank you to all for love, light and suport.

Joe

edited because my sister really didn't ask questions and I looked up some things.
                    Last edited by NoDecafPlz; 30 May 2006, 6:35 PM.
                    And the truth shall set you free.

Comment

Joe,

Sorry to hear about your sister. My Uncle Ron is just transitioning out of his Lung cancer treatments. Any way check out this web site, run by a friend who has a SCI and is making a difference her way. The apparrel on the site might help put a smile on your sisters face, perhaps.

Most importantly though, my thoughts to your family.

Bob

http://freethestemcells.com/index-4.html

Comment

Ah Joe, the hill's looking steeper. You love her and she loves you and she's got a daughter, too. That's a lot to fight for but it's gonna be a helluva battle. Hang tough.

Remember-food food food. Leo's sister beat it and he says that's how.
                        Blog:
                        Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Bethany, Patty is a single mom who lives near me in Marlton with my neice McKenzie. Kathy got married two years ago and lives in Fort Lauderdale with her husband Bruce. She faces the battle. There is still enough bittersweet to go around though.
                          It hasn't hit me yet.
                          Last edited by NoDecafPlz; 30 May 2006, 9:23 PM.
                          And the truth shall set you free.

Comment

Joe,
                            The email intro was sent to both you and Kathy this evening. Please let me know if I can help further.

Your sisters are lucky to have such a great brother.
                            Every day I wake up is a good one

Comment

Sorry to hear Joe.

Prayers and good luck to Kathy.

Comment

Prayers Joseph, I'll personally say a rosary for your sister tonight, no matter the outcome, I pray for peace to be found my friend.

JimmyMack
                                JimmyMack
                                Member: New Jersey Commission on Spinal Cord Reasearch
                                http://www.state.nj.us/health/spinalcord/index.shtml

Comment

Working...
                                X