I passed!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I passed!!!!

So I haven't slept for the past three weeks, I'm pretty sure I was starting to develop an ulcer and due to the insomnia, a dialogue between me and anyone else involved short, fragmented, incoherent responses on my part:

Person: Kiran, how's it goin?
    Kiran: Abuhhhhh.

All of this craziness because I was anticipating my marks from my first year at lawschool. My marks have now been out for the past four days, but I just didn't have the guts to look at them. I honestly thought I was going to fail because I had a lot of SCI-related health problems and had missed school, so I had started to plan out life after failing outta lawschool, perhaps a surf hut on some remote beach in Thailand.... I was also rethinking family gatherings, which I would obviously have to avoid at all costs because I'd be a disgrace to the family, labelled the "girl who just wasn't smart enough". I know it sounds sorta blown outta proportion and my family would never treat me like that, but you start thinking crazy things when you've had no sleep whatsoever.

Anyways, like a bandaid waiting to be ripped, I stared at the Submit Request button on our UVIC Web View page which would pull up my marks for like fifteen minutes today before I finally got enough courage to click the button.

I actually passed and I even managed to get a B- in Torts....personal injury stuff. Go figure, eh?

Anyways, I have some good friends here, so I just wanted to share the news with y'all.

Now I get to go house-hunting in Victoria...woot woot.

Congrats!

Joe
    And the truth shall set you free.

Comment

Thats great Kiran, absolutly fantastic, keep up the good work

JimmyMack
      JimmyMack
      Member: New Jersey Commission on Spinal Cord Reasearch
      http://www.state.nj.us/health/spinalcord/index.shtml

Comment

Excellent
        C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

Comment

That's great Kiran...Congrats, you deserve it

Comment

Alright, way to go!!!

That must be a relief. When I first saw the title I passed, thought you passed a kidney stone, lol, then I realized this was the life forum and not the Care forum.
            "Life is about how you
            respond to not only the
            challenges you're dealt but
            the challenges you seek...If
            you have no goals, no
            mountains to climb, your
            soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

Well done.......if you had failed, maybe modeling would have been an option, excuse me for say....but you are very pretty.

Congratulations KiranA
              C-5 incomplete , walking with crutches. In controlled pain. Respect to all SCI people.

Comment

Congratulations Kiran, just think 3 more years & you can be a scum sucking leach err I mean lawyer like spanos. Ok bad lawyer joke but I"m trying to get you sensatised, you know looking after your emotional well being

Comment

Rock On, Kiran!

Comment

Awesome Kiran! I knew you could do it! Celebration tonight?
                    If there is light
                    it will find
                    you

--Charles Bukowski

Comment

Way to go champ

Comment

KIRAN YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Meet me in seattle, I"ll take you out to dinner to celebrate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOT WOOOOOT, Lex

Comment

hey Kiran congrats i emailed u a while back i don't know if u got it

Comment

sweet... congrats

Comment

Kiran, congrats!

BTW, when you get the house make sure you have room for about 10 guests in w/c
                              Han Tacoma

~ Artificial Intelligence is better than none! ~

Comment

Working...
                              X