• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chick
    having survived.
    Chick,

I'm really taken back by your response.

What sucks most about SCI is...having survived? Tell mean it aint so!

There is always hope!

Comment

Chick, i'm glad you are here on earth and so do many others, besides there should be more chicks everywhere
      Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened

Comment

having survived.
        I sympathize. Sometimes I have that feeling.

Comment

At the beginning the suck of sci for me was not ever to be comfortable and constant pain, couldn't even sit in the chair more than 5 minutes then had to go back in the bed.

Now that i'm walking fulltime, i still don't feel normal like I thought i would once i started walking. Now its more of a social thing. Its easy to fit in with people who already know you and know your story.

But when you meet new people they don't know how to approach you. I'm not complaining though, just saying how it is now and how it was before I started to walk with sci.

Of course bowel/bladder/sex is still ranking up there on things that suck. Constantly having to worry about your legs to stop working if you have to pee is always a kick in the butt as well.
          Injured:10-16-04
          C7/C8, T1 incomplete;

For stalkers convenience:
          Blog:
          http://www.ordealsonwheels.com/
          Facebook:
          http://www.facebook.com/#!/coryssanchez
          Progress:
          http://photobucket.com/albums/b290/swooty/
          My drawings:
          http://kanvases.com/sites/corysanchez/home

Comment

Complications that can result in death such as major infections from pressure sores or other.

But I voted bladder. That is the most frustrating for me on a day-to-day basis.
            Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

for me "other", breathing #1 from Brain damage not breathing is so frightening and I hate the way tubes dry out my nose and the fear it will be my last breath. The other is obiouvsly legs, from both Brain and Cord damage, miss doing sports, if shoulder tear ever heals will try WC tennis for sure.

Good poll to do, its interesting to see what people feel is a loss to them and with respect EACH thing listed is a terrible loss.

chick! oh boy been going into that frame of mind alot this year, Im shaking out of it, but the climb can be hard I know. Hold on to all you know to be true about yourself that is good and dear and always always know you are loved and worth every mintue of being here on this earth. Love to you.

Peace all
              Jo, going to bed soon, of course wont sleep half the night but hey beats sitting in the chair all night.

Comment

PAIN.

no question.

i can live life from a wheelchair. the pain is literally stopping me from living and will cause my death.

right now i'm about at a 9.5 level. the day has been hell. i absolutely HATE waking up, which i do about every hour. my mind fights it and i feel the pain seeping into my consciousness and i fight, but to no avail. this is the most frustrating, stressful and depressing thing.

if i were AB and felt this level of pain, i'd feel the same about the issue. PAIN hurts and ruins everything. being AB is no good if you are in pain. being in a chair in pain is...well...beyond words.

Comment

Chick, I just want to give you a big hug!!

Comment

having survived.
                    Hey that sounds like I felt for the past few months, not you.......you're one of those who helped me snap out of it.

What hope is there for the rest of us if 'The One' can't face it?
                    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

Comment

Chick is human....

just like the rest of us. No matter how upbeat a person appears Im sure we all feel it from time to time, to differing degrees, whether we admit it or not.

Roll on the ''What do you miss about being SCI'' poll day. I think the only thing I'll miss is ....... ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Everyone has the basic right to their health and thank christ Wise and others like him are acting upon that notion.......

Comment

not walking.

and running into other crips who whine constantly.

life is what we make it. my glass is always 1/2 full not 1/2 empty
                        Bike-on.com rep
                        John@bike-on.com
                        c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                        sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

Originally posted by fuentejps

life is what we make it. my glass is always 1/2 full not 1/2 empty
                          If only it were that easy. The limitations thru SCI to lots of people render the above null and void thats why we gotta fight for reversal of paralysis

Not walking is what my sis says, over and over

Comment

having survived.

I know it's just a cartoon hug. I'd give you the real thing if I could.

(I've felt that myself a time or two...or three...)

Comment

Originally posted by Ads32
                              If only it were that easy. The limitations thru SCI to lots of people render the above null and void thats why we gotta fight for reversal of paralysis

Not walking is what my sis says, over and over
                              not so. its all about attitude
                              Bike-on.com rep
                              John@bike-on.com
                              c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                              sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

Originally posted by fuentejps
                                and running into other crips who whine constantly.
                                Not one person in this thread is whining.

If there's one thing I hate more than a whiney crip, it's a crip who thinks he's better than the rest of us [you]. Now, go ask your mommy to make your bed and cook you some lunch and try and pretend your life is just peachy. Prick.

Comment

Working...
                                X