suicide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lynnifer View Post
    ((Hey Rainman)) How did you make out from the hurricane?
    I lost electricity for six days, And it was hot. Lost ten singles so i'm going to replace the roof soon.

But the one thing you gain going through that is. How much you over look everything that you take for granted. Like air conditioning, tv and a light switch.

Comment

Originally posted by Cripply View Post
      how long post-injury do suicidal thoughts stop?
      It seems you are still having it! . life is full of challenges dude. Even those who are physically fit are depressed for various other reasons.

we should not lose hope as we are living in the most technologically advanced era . Even if the stem cells therapy does not show its desired results, we would soon all be walking through wearing exo-skeleton suites.

Be motivated and read this : http://spinalinjury.info/coping-depr...l-cord-injury/

Wheel chair is a symbol of strength , not weakness http://spinalinjury.info/wheelchair-symbol-strength/
      Quadriplegic c6 complete.

Bsc(HONS) Applied Physics / Msc Electronics from University of Karachi. Currently doing Mphil in AI/Robotics from IBA karachi.

Physics / Maths high school instructor. Part time Web developer/ blogger . Have keen interest in Astronomy / physics/ World politics / Economics.

Visit http://spinalinjury.info where people suffering from SCI share articles about post spinal cord injury life based on research and personal experiences

Comment

Originally posted by TheRainman View Post

But the one thing you gain going through that is. How much you over look everything that you take for granted. Like air conditioning, tv and a light switch.
        I get moved to hospital if we lose power for more than 8 hours, vents, air mattress and hospital bed are useless without power, bought a 7.5kw generator to avoid the being stuck in hospital experience. Sorry, slightly off topic.

Comment

Originally posted by fahad283 View Post
          Wheel chair is a symbol of strength , not weakness http://spinalinjury.info/wheelchair-symbol-strength/
          Sometimes I am still flabbergasted by some of the things that people conclude or resort to in their “coping”, in some cases it has made me want to die just to not be associated with such thinking (I pray to God that I will never come to such a delusional conclusion when I can’t Even accomplish the most mundane and simplistic of tasks, if I fall over I lay there like a fish out of water! And I’m supposed to consider the thing that locks me in place and moves my broken athrophied Useless body around a symbol of strength, The thing can’t even get up a curb more than 6 inches! My God)... This was especially true with the reaction after that movie me before you. I was infuriated and so repulsed I just couldn’t believe it. But as I’ve said on here many times the longer you live like this the more you become accustom to it, I’ve left a psychiatrist speechless presenting my opinion that it is no different than Stockholm syndrome or institutionalization... The only difference With this case is such a delusional state is encouraged because modern medicine cannot do anything different for us. And then I say imagine if we had a cure, and I said “no I’m going to show my true strength, I’m going to remain a quadriplegic let my body wither away, let people dress me, Carry me, help me shit and piss, bathe me, Clean me up when I shit myself, wear diapers, etc” just imagine the reaction people would have they would be repulsed if there was another option, they wouldn’t say I was strong, they would be disgusted in my decision it would be the Antithesis of strength and all it Would take was for there to be another option available.
          Last edited by JamesMcM; 27 Nov 2017, 7:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mrb View Post
            And that is the problem, I can use Tor to search the dark web, find someone selling sodium nxxxxxxxx, order it from China, it gets delivered and then I need someone's help which immediately puts them at risk of prosecution. I can't even open the package never mind mix a cocktail of it and an anti nausea drug to drink it. Not that I have given it much thought or begged my wife to do it and people really think that they understand our limitations.
            And this is why people who CRY about being a para can kiss my fucking ass !!! I am a t6 complete and if I could, I would rather give quads what I HAVE then me myself walk again..... Can't imagine. So to the poor me t4 or lower that "think" about suicide shove a gun in your mouth and pull the trigger !!!! Done deal.....sorry, suicide is a bad subject for me.

Comment

Interesting 20 minute listen.

No one disputes that it?s against the law to take another person?s life, but is it against the law to sit with someone and watch while they commit suicide? We meet an elderly woman who sneaks around the country as an ?exit guide.?

http://www.thisiscriminal.com/episode-17-final-exit-3-13-2015/

Comment

Originally posted by Cripply View Post
                how long post-injury do suicidal thoughts stop?
                It depends on the person and how bad it affects them. Personally I just set my expiration date to be 4/1/2020. I figure if I haven't changed my mind in the 8 or so years that I will have had to think about it then it must have been the right decision for me.

when I posted this I was just replying to the ops question, if you want flame me knock yourselves out it won't be the first time. I was unaware that this thread had devolved into how someone that can't do anything without help could commit suicide and that paras were banned because we actually have the ability to commit suicide..
                Last edited by nauticalmike; 26 Jan 2018, 2:28 PM.

Comment

Yes I'm at that point. This is getting old and don't want anymore.. Just wish I didn't have to make the decision myself.. That sucks
                  "Life's a Party and Your Not Invited"

Comment

Originally posted by MagikLair View Post
                    Yes I'm at that point. This is getting old and don't want anymore.. Just wish I didn't have to make the decision myself.. That sucks
                    Who else would you rather make this decision for you?
                    Last edited by gjnl; 27 Jan 2018, 12:10 AM.

Comment

I hear that, I have been praying for an accidental death every day since my injury. One time a few years ago I was out in my little boat and I fucked up and flipped it. It was at like 3:00 in the morning and I was exhausted, so I just crawled on top of the capsized hull and said my good byes to my daughter and went to sleep. I thought for sure that I was going to die from hypothermia in my sleep, and that was about the happiest I have been since my injury. It should have killed me, but I just can't die. I have been involved in so many similar adventures in my life where I should have died but didn't it is amazing.

Comment

If I could get to one of the city's bad neighborhoods, perhaps one of the many murderers roaming around would use me for a little target practice, as it is extremely unlikely I would ever do it myself even if I found a method. I haven't managed to kick the bucket in my sleep, which is still my nightly desire. All I get is worsening pains. Maybe I should wish for them instead, in the opposite will happen?

I could just build a guillotine and cut off the only parts of me that aren't in pain, but my brain will still feel the pains anyway. :-)
                        Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Comment

My bum luck I'm sure I'll expire during a bowel evac as my head typically feels like it's exploding. It'll be a shitty mess.
                          Still, might be an easier clean up than a 100ft span along railroad tracks, and there will be enough left over to cremate.

Originally posted by alan View Post
                          If I could get to one of the city's bad neighborhoods, perhaps one of the many murderers roaming around would use me for a little target practice, as it is extremely unlikely I would ever do it myself even if I found a method. I haven't managed to kick the bucket in my sleep, which is still my nightly desire. All I get is worsening pains. Maybe I should wish for them instead, in the opposite will happen?

I could just build a guillotine and cut off the only parts of me that aren't in pain, but my brain will still feel the pains anyway. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Tim C. View Post
                            My bum luck I'm sure I'll expire during a bowel evac as my head typically feels like it's exploding. It'll be a shitty mess.
                            Still, might be an easier clean up than a 100ft span along railroad tracks, and there will be enough left over to cremate.
                            Having been a commuter on NJT for many years, I'd hate to be the cause of what is always announced as "police activity on tracks" and delay for my fellow commuters!

Comment

Originally posted by gjnl View Post
                              Who else would you rather make this decision for you?
                              I'm just going to hire someone. Craigslist. I posted an ad for something else and got lots of feedback. After doing some research the drug of choice is probably going to be fentanyl.. Just waiting on to see how things go around with parents and such.. Can always tell someone can you give me give me those couple pills over there.. They don't have to know what they are.. But regardless someone would help I'm pretty sure
                              "Life's a Party and Your Not Invited"

Comment

I'm just going to hire someone. Craigslist. I posted an ad for something else and got lots of feedback. After doing some research the drug of choice is probably going to be fentanyl.. Just waiting on to see how things go around with parents and such.. Can always tell someone can you give me give me those couple pills over there.. They don't have to know what they are.. But regardless someone would help I'm pretty sure
                                Not fair to add stress to some unassuming helper..

Comment

Working...
                                X