What caused your SCI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What caused your SCI?

Since 2000, motor vehicle crashes account for 47.5% of reported SCI cases. The next most common cause of SCI is falls, followed by acts of violence (primarily gunshot wounds), and recreational sporting activities. The proportion of injuries that are due to sports has decreased over time while the proportion of injuries due to falls has increased. Acts of violence caused 13.3% of spinal cord injuries prior to 1980, and peaked between 1990 and 1999 at 24.8% before declining to only 13.8% since 2000.

I'm wondering what the percentages are here at CC.

I am a prestigious member of the diving category
    Motor Vehicle: auto
    29.91%
    Motor Vehicle: motorcycle
    10.56%
    Motor Vehicle: atv or dirtbike
    6.74%
    Motor Vehicle: boat/snowmobile/plane/anything w/ a throttle & steering mechanism
    2.35%
    Act of Violence: gunshot
    3.81%
    Act of Violenc: other
    0.29%
    Fall
    11.73%
    Sports & Recreation
    8.80%
    Diving
    12.02%
    Other
    13.78%
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
    Winston Churchill

Mine was an attempt at a ladder/chainsaw dive

Scores: 0 0 0 0 0 95.7 for 'Speed of impact'

Queen
    Your life is what you make it, and only you have that choice!

Comment

I let my roommate drive my car becuase I needed gas money to go home on the weekend to see my g/f. The oddest part of the whole thing I told him like 10 times I didn't want to go out that night.

He finally talked me into it, before i gave him the keys. I said, whatever you do, don't fucking wreck.

Lesson learned, dont let frineds drive your car even if they will fill up ur gas tank.
      Injured:10-16-04
      C7/C8, T1 incomplete;

For stalkers convenience:
      Blog:
      http://www.ordealsonwheels.com/
      Facebook:
      http://www.facebook.com/#!/coryssanchez
      Progress:
      http://photobucket.com/albums/b290/swooty/
      My drawings:
      http://kanvases.com/sites/corysanchez/home

Comment

if you are going to ride a motorcycle, the key is staying on the bike...

sidenote: that damn guardrail sure is stubborn about having some give to it..

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Comment

Don't drive when you are tired, it's warm raining and dark.........
          If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Comment

what... no 'making out with a boy' option?

guess I'll just pick 'fall'
            An administrator made me remove my signature.

Comment

Originally posted by feisty
              what... no 'making out with a boy' option?

guess I'll just pick 'fall'
              it was going to be poll option#12, right after chainsaw juggling, but they only allow 10 options for a poll
              "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
              Winston Churchill

Comment

I was working on a dairy farm and was bringing the stud bull, 2,000 pound Jesse James, into the barn....

Apparently, he had some poon-tang out in the field waiting on him because he didn't wanna go in the barn that day....When I reached for his nose ring he jerked away, and I then became his own personal rodeo clown He got up under my rear end and tossed me about 10 feet in the air...I landed on my neck/head....Not a scratch on me, if I had got a hand or elbow down, I would've walked away....

Comment

Massive chest pain one morning, then sudden paralysis.

My cause of injury was an uncommon event - a spontaneous spinal extradural haematoma.
                  Aren't I just the special one.

Comment

Pillion passenger on motorbike - enjoying the view one second, then 3 days later, coming out of a morphine haze, found out what had happened.

Comment

My sci is from transverse mylitis in 10 minutes i was a complete c-5 c-6. Still trying to get back whatever i can its slow but now i am incomplete and can move everything but left weak and cant walk. Just happy to be alive and be with my family. anty
                      For every minute you're angry you lose a second of happiness

Comment

I wasn't speeding, maybe I took that corner just a liiiittle bit too fast, but after enough years of cars dripping oil and tires leaving rubber, roads just get slippery.
                        And 2jazzy said it, it's a bitch about those guard rails

Comment

mva, took out a guardrail, tree, and telephone pole. i have no memory whatsoever

Comment

i have'nt figured out yet....

....if i should have let someone else go milk the cows that morning, or if i should have stopped and TAKEN A NAP! ..."DUH"... sometime during my 16 hour road trip later that day.....either way, sleeping in a moving vehicle should be left to PASSENGERS ONLY!

Comment

MVA. Hit by 2 dillholes who were way beyond drunk. Courts deemed it first degree murder of the woman who was killed in our car and 2 counts of attempted murder. Unfourtunately, the guys both died and never got to serve their time.
                              Don't think of yourself as an ugly person, just a beautiful monkey.
                              Always remember: if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

Comment

Working...
                              X