Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AAARRRGGGHHHH Pants are driving me mad!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AAARRRGGGHHHH Pants are driving me mad!!!

What do guys do for pants? I'm sick of wearing running pants, and when I try wearing khakis or jeans, either my ass is hanging out or I am severely bunched up in the crotch! I've heard of specially made pants for wheelchair users, but I was wondering what guys on here do aleviate the issue.
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
    Winston Churchill

rolli-moden has pants made for wheelers but theyre way overpriced IMO. i wear regular jeans sometimes but they fit better than the joggers to me.

Comment

Get a "privacy" curtain...... sweat pants suck. I usually wear work pants... Thinner flatter seams.
      Last edited by Patonb; 10 Mar 2006, 3:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Patonb
        Get a "privacy" curtain...... sweat pants suck. I usually wear work pants... Thinner flatter seams.
        i wear levi slates dress pants for the office, then i prefer shorts on the weekends
        Bike-on.com rep
        John@bike-on.com
        c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
        sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

I've shopped here before http://www.wheelchairjeans.com/ It's about the same price as a regular pair of jeans and they make them to fit right. Your crack won't show, you'll have room in the crotch and the length will be right too, which is what I usually have trouble with.

Comment

I wear technical outdoorsy stuff. The best I've found for transferring a bazillion times a day are North Face Paramount Convertible pants, sized a little larger than I would normally wear. They're not cheap ($65), but have features to make them worth it to me:

- nylon, but not shiny like track pants
            - look fine w/ a casual button-down shirt
            - snap waist (vs. a quad-unfriendly button)
            - built-in belt w/ easy-to-operate-as-a-quad buckle
            - quick-drying, easy to wash, hard to stain
            - beefy rear loops for tugging the waist up
            - integrated pockets, deep enough to use to straighten twists/bunches
            - convertible to shorts, thus multi-season use

There are other pants I've found to work well too, but these are the best by far, IMO. If you can swing the price, you'll get a lot of wear out of them. I've got a couple pairs & they see the most use of any of my pants.

Link: http://www.thenorthface.com/opencms/...=NA&model=A146

edit: I wear them 1 size larger than normal... it's just easier for me & they still don't fall down. If you don't wear underwear, this might be a small problem if you're anti-crack... dunno though. I wear boxers underneath & you can typically see an inch or so of them above the pants' waist from the rear, but the crack is covered.
            Last edited by -scott-; 11 Mar 2006, 8:34 PM.

Comment

for jeans, I've stuck to Lee's. I cant stand the feeling of my pants pulling down all the time either.
              Rick Brauer or just call me - Mr B

http://www.riseadventures.org

Comment

I mainly wear sleep pants, but they can look too casual sometimes. I even wore them all dressed up. I think a brand new pair of black sleep pants look pretty ok with a nice shirt. $10 isn't a bad price either.
                jOE
                www.nwiscig.blogspot.com

Comment

jim also like many of u used to wear sweats all the time. i found pants that r similar to the ones scott is talking about and less expensive. there made by columbia...usually on sale for around 39.00. the only downside is they only come in 2 colors...stone and sage. i just got the landsend catalog and they came out with the same type of pant...comes in more colors. we're gonna give those a try. everything that scott said about the northface line holds true to these.
                  Last edited by stormie427; 12 Mar 2006, 3:41 PM.
                  and in the end it's not the years in your life that count it's the life in your years. abraham lincoln

Comment

Pants

Been wearing Rolli Moden, good fit and comfy but they went up in price, again. Sent for the Wheelchair Jeans catalog. From their web page it appears they can do a bunch of customizing for an individual without costing too much. I'm comforatble in sweats around the house, but prefer jeans and colored slacks when going out.

Cliff Hanger
                    You C.A.N.
                    Conquer Adversity Now

Comment

I wore rolli-modens until I had my colostomy--the front waist band is not high enough now. I wear really long pants, 36-38 inch inseam--I have long legs.

I like the Copper Canyon ultra comfort knit pant from Dahle's Big and Tall. They have all the advantages of sweats but look a lot more dressy, nice deep pockets too. (The rolli-modens required "deep pockets" to affort them, but had shallow pockets).

Here is a link, just scoll to the pants mentioned above:
                      http://www.dahles-bigandtall.com/big...yon.htm#casual

There might be others on that site you would like too. I am nowhere near big, but the tall pants are long and come up higher in the back.
                      T-4 complete since 1973

Comment

I wear regular jeans with no probs,except ya gotta pull them up occasionally after a transfer. I don't wear the baggy crap, can't stand them. I wear the same size I wore before my accident also, anywhere from a 31-32 waist to a 34-36 length, depending on the maker. I don't wear a belt, nor do I have a belly. So that might be the difference.
                        When I sit, I sometimes grab the legs and pull the waist down as it tries riding up occasionaly, which also occured in the 'ab' days.

https://www.facebook.com/john.baxter.1213986

Comment

Pants, another reason to set us SCI apart; Yes, we're told,

by our AB handlers; you're a quad now, and you must abide a different creed.
                          Got the low down myself during initial rehab, from my phys/occup therapists.
                          I refused to attend weekly SCI (how to be a better SCI) classes. Tim C, your body will alter itself, therefore you'll find that floppy, or velour, or snap-down-the-side, sweat, or elastic waist, or standard old-man-belt-line-pulled-up-to-your-nipple-line, pants will just be more practical. You'll get a quad belly, you see, and that's just for starters. You're better off just donating your wardrobe, and settle for the 'new' you, no Diesel jeans, etc.
                          Well...........fuck that. To what end does SCI stop fucking up your life?
                          Too old for the baggy pants kids wear, too young for nipple height waist lines.
                          As an AB, I reached for my jeans whenever I got the opportunity to get off the suit, just jeans; at 42, neither trying to be too young, nor succuming to old age just yet. I had a slim fit, 30in waist line which I worked at.
                          As SCI, I just want to be me. Jeans, if at times I need the floppy sweats, I just deal with it , especially since I break the rules as a C4/5.

Comment

I just wear standard dockers and jeans (with waist and seam measurements that would be ridiculous if I were standing). I do, however, occasionally look like I should have my plumber's union card...

Ken

Comment

Rolli modem jeans all the way. Good fit, narrow leg, no plumbers bum
                              _____oOo_____
                              Phil C6
                              "If you can't explain it to me in less than 10 seconds, it's probably not worth knowing anyway..." - Calvin

Comment

Working...
                              X