I Cannot Believe...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by christopher
    Darth Vader reading a story about Penguins?

Heh.

[insert breathing noise here]
    LOL... Darth and Pingu... talk about an odd couple.

Comment

Landon, I'm in no way dissing quad rugby. I wish I could play, but my bones break too easily. Exercise and team sports can contribute to an increased sense of well-being. No doubt.

While Murderball was entertaining, it was not Oscar quality. It was more Real World and Road Rules than documentary.

I'm not downing quad rugby. It's just that the movie was poorly made even if the subject rox.

Comment

It wasn't necessarily the subject matter that turned me off, rather it was the fact that the film's subjects were nothing less than terrible people solely devoted to juvenile "I'm better than you athletic achievement" which really doesn't do any good for anyone except themselves. And just to show that I'm not some non-athlete dissing athletes, ask me about my 2002, 2003 and 2004 wins in the ISAF Solo Offshore Distance Championships(offshore singlehanded yacht racing), or my first places in the 100 and 50 metre freestyle in US Swimming age group nationals in 01 and 02, or even the type of skiing that put me in a chair. From the aspect of the filmmakers it's rather simple, it takes no skill to sit in dumpy high school gyms and other places and film a game, though Antarctica is clearly more demanding, believe me, I have been there, it is far more amazing than any sport could ever be.

Comment

I haven't seen March of the Penguins so I can't really comment on that, but even though I liked Murderball, I have to say I was disappointed also. It was, like Mem said, more of a RR or RW type film.

On another note--about the 'characters' in Murderball--they aren't 'characters.' They were doing a film on quad rugby and they had no obligation to support or advocate stem cells or anything along those lines. Of course, it would have been nice if they did, but it wasn't their obligation. They are athletes and may not be into the science world--who are we to badger them for that?
          If there is light
          it will find
          you

--Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
          X