Quad riding hurting balls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quad riding hurting balls

Im a complete T6 para and get into quad riding and tend to go pretty hard. I have a Raptor 700 and use a klictronic solenoid shifer for the gears.

Got some pics up of me riding here -> www.10fx.com

Anyways due to my position on the bike and constant sliding side to side on the seat without being able to lift my weight with my legs my balls seem to get a bit hammered.

Anyone else on here ride a quad like a mad man? do you get this problem? Any ideas?

I want have kids in the near future so im a bit worried about the damage this might be doing.

Know i probaly just should stop riding but i love riding too much!!
    Marcel

those pics. are way cool... esp. the one of you flat on your back...oops, too much throttle... very scenic at the dunes. i use to have a sandrail that was street legal being we have no dunes in Atlanta...

try a piece of foam padding that you snug your jewels up against. if you are rashing on your inner thighs, try a pair of silk bicycle shorts.. keep some baby powder handy too..

Kerr Douglass on here rides. maybe pm him for ideas...

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Comment

I ride a quad but not like a mad man. I got a little crazy a couple of years back, slid off the seat and broke my femur. Haven't been able to figure out how to keep from sliding off yet.

Comment

a jock strap?
        Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Comment

maybe call around and see if you can get a seat made out of jel like the j2 cushions? awesome pics man! damn i miss riding....how do adjust in the air? like tapin the brake to make front come down and stuff?
          Blah

Comment

I know someone who rode quads like mad and made balls hurt but that's a whole other story.
            _____oOo_____
            Phil C6
            "If you can't explain it to me in less than 10 seconds, it's probably not worth knowing anyway..." - Calvin

Comment

LMAO, please divulge, but I think that belongs in another forum!

Comment

I recommend taking your seat cover to an upohlstery shop and have them sew some velcro onto it. Then have them make you a sort of diaper (for lack of a better description) with the receiving velcro sewn on the bottom and a seat belt type of fastener that'll enable you to attach it to your ass. This will keep you on the bike but enable you to come off should you strike something heavey or roll it. It will also keep you centered and prevent you from sliding around on the seat and mashing ole Ted and the Twins...
                "Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Comment

don't know if this will help with your family jewels but ROHO makes a motorcycle cushion that may save your butt...

http://www.shapefitting.com/

Comment

LMAO I'm a quad.......desperate to be ridden but not by any of you adrenaline junky paras.......if you try, I'll hurt your balls as well
                    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

Comment

LMAO, at least I know you won't be kicking me in the balls

Comment

Originally posted by RehabRhino
                        LMAO I'm a quad.......desperate to be ridden but not by any of you adrenaline junky paras.......if you try, I'll hurt your balls as well

Ha, that's what I thought when I first read it too.
                        jOE
                        www.nwiscig.blogspot.com

Comment

Haha... Knew some dirty mind would take this the wrong way

Thanks for the comments all!

The bike shorts are a good idea, gonna sew in some padding and if there tight hopefully i can tuck the jewels away from danger. A Gel seat also sounds good but i'll try the easy option first.

The velcro thing is no good cause i need to slide around on the seat to transfer my weight for corners. dont have too much of a problem sliding off the seat.

Abrooks - One thing i really miss from MX is jumping, unfortunatly without legs getting air is very difficult, i can do small pethetic jumps but anything bigger and i get pitched over the bars, also landing from anything bigger without having leg or stomach muscles to cushion the impact winds you pretty bad so adjusting in the air is no big issue.

Still trying to think of the best way to hook up a rear brake on the handlebars but things are pretty busy up there already with clutch, throttle gears and front brake so its going to be difficult. A rear brake would be great especially for wheelies but for now i just have to be carefull no to go to far.

Ricandshe - Not sure what injury level you are but I had the same problem when i first got back on a quad after my accident, i felt so awekward and unstable and thought to my self this is never going to work. If you stick with it you tend to build the required muscles and learn a whole new way to balencing. 8 years ago I never would have dreamed id be doing the things i am today. I can actually out run most of my able bodied mates on a twisty flat track! Bumps are a different story though.
                          Marcel

Comment

this photo is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by mwelschbillig
                              The bike shorts are a good idea, gonna sew in some padding and if there tight hopefully i can tuck the jewels away from danger. A Gel seat also sounds good but i'll try the easy option first.
                              Check out the Jay Protector cushion:

Protector Adult is the superlight bath/car cushion with body attaching sling which protects against pressure sores when you leave your chair. Protector Adult means added flexibility. Easy on-off with snap buckles to clip on waistband and leg straps."

Dunno if this would work or not, but you strap it onto your body vs. having a custom seat. $175 from Sportaid; I'd be inclined to try padded bike shorts 1st, but here's the link:

http://secure.srginc.biz/search_list...trID=84&page=1

Comment

Working...
                              X