Never take life seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway

Frank's blog:
    http://www.franktalk-scurry.blogspot.com
    My regular blog:
    http://www.ithinkithinktoomuchblog.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leif
      Are you high Jeff? LOL You are quoting even more than MrSoul
      honestly Leif, there is a method to my madness... he pisses me off when he disects every fucking sentence said... so guess what? i learned myself how to do it and joila, back at him... it's annoying.. i know..

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Comment

Loops.

[quote=2jazzyjeff]i thought that this is what we are doing, discussing....? did i miss something?

Sure, if you picture the discussion of the threat (oops) thread topic as a straight line and the spin-off or digressionary posts as 'loops' off that line, then the first would comprise less than 10% of the posts and the loops the rest.

This is a loop!
        "Sometimes I just sets and thinks...
        and sometimes I just sets.
        "

Otis Redding I think

Comment

Originally posted by 2jazzyjeff
          for the most part it is... quad rugby is 95%+ SCI..
          I meant SCI is not a requirement for understanding things, in general, on this board. And SCI is not a requirement for understanding or discussing the movie.

let's use some common sense here... most AB ppl. here are in the majority of popular opinion,
          Do you mean in general in the world at large, on this board, or on this thread? You aren't being clear.

therefore not getting the criticism that you get. you are always on the other side of the fence, atleast the posts i've read.
          What "other side" do you refer to, in my 700+ posts on this board?

another way of reasoning is that if you take 2 AB ppl. posting, 1 posts a few, the other, you, post a ton of negative replies. you're the math wizard.. who do you think is going to get the most flack? you will...
          Whoever said I was a "math wizard"? I'm NOT a math wizard...

Where is all of this free-floating vitriol coming from?

i thought that this is what we are doing, discussing....? did i miss something?
          Apparently.

Repeatedly telling someone they have no right to an opinion, or to shut up, or that they don't know anything, etc etc etc ...is a way to END discussion, not to continue it.

That is a personal attack, not discussing the matter at hand.

okay, i'm confused... or rather, maybe you are...? you posted this here, very controversial, right? what bothers me is that i think your perception of this thread is a bitch session?
          See above... it wavers between personal attacks and people actually discussing the issues I posted about, sometimes both in the same post.

if so, this must be tame compared to your ''other'' unmoderated boards. you have invited broknwing to join you on NM before.. to do what? bitch at her unmoderated?
          Broknwing was very personally insulting. I won't insult someone in the sexual way that she did, on a moderated board, and risk getting edited or (at worst) thrown off. (This HAS happened to me before, on other boards.)

In addition, I won't derail this thread any further. Believe it or not, I am trying to stay on topic.

If Broknwing wants to argue about the fact that, as she says, I don't have any balls, we can discuss that particular fact (my balls, or lack thereof) on an UNMODERATED board, where her very personal attack can be met with a very personal attack from me, and we can have the appropriate free-for-all. And I will tell her exactly what I think in a free-speech, no-spin zone. But I won't take the bait here.

you whine when someone bitches at you here.. i could only imagine how much you whine on other boards..
          Yes, I do, but if you attack me PERSONALLY on an unmoderated board, I will go for the jugular. Ain't skeered.

Here, the moderators even try to pick fights... nice try, fellas, but even though I was born at night, I wasn't born LAST NIGHT.

hmmm, maybe they haven't seen the movie yet and are waiting to comment after they have, unlike you prematurely commenting on something that you hadn't a clue about, at that time...
          Never stopped them before!

geez, i thought that you guys discussed stuff over there...?
          Maybe accusing jocks of being sexists, just wasn't all that shocking over there ... as I assumed it wouldn't be all that shocking HERE. Instead, I see a defense of sexism as "guys just being guys"... anyone who tried that argument at New Mobility would be tarred and feathered by a couple of the feminists there.
          "Who are all these strange ghosts rooted to the silly little adventure of earth with me?"--Jack Kerouac

Comment

honestly Leif, there is a method to my madness... he pisses me off when he disects every fucking sentence said... so guess what? i learned myself how to do it and joila, back at him... it's annoying.. i know..
            Do you mean DISSECT? And do you mean VOILA?

You piss me off with not being able to 1) spell, 2) think and 3) understand anything outside of your very limited life experience. Guess that makes us even, huh?

BTW, Jeff, the invitation to an uncensored argument at New Mobility is hereby extended to you, too.

PS: Your good looks won't last forever, Jeff. You need to start developing your brain, unless you are from a rich family. (In which case, never mind.)
            "Who are all these strange ghosts rooted to the silly little adventure of earth with me?"--Jack Kerouac

Comment

Originally posted by jukespin
              the spin-off or digressionary posts as 'loops' off that line
              so ''loops'' aren't discussions in their own right?

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

Comment

Sure they are, and in their way they illustrate that social/cultural theory is very much alive. For whoevrer made the comment about its being nonsence it should be something to think about.
                "

Otis Redding I think

Comment

watch your spelling jukey, Mr Soul will think less of you...

strike that.. you guys are on the same side, he will let it pass...

Comment

Can you spell "paranoia"?

I'll bet you can!
                    Last edited by jukespin; 17 Feb 2006, 8:04 PM. Reason: Confused Subject.
                    "

Otis Redding I think

Comment

More fans and grape peelers.

Originally posted by LaMemChose
                      Share with Cali? Absolutely! She's my bud.

The world is always better with goddesses around.
                      See my sig.
                      Last edited by jukespin; 17 Feb 2006, 8:11 PM. Reason: Perturbed about fondu question.
                      "

Otis Redding I think

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Soul
                        Do you mean in general in the world at large, on this board, or on this thread? You aren't being clear.
                        this is where your common sense runs dry.... on this thread, depicted by the word ''here''. of course you will say ''here'' could mean all of cc..

What "other side" do you refer to, in my 700+ posts on this board?
                        again, your depletion of common sense. i added ''as far as i know'', which meant that you are the minority in all of the controversial threads that i have read.. nothing wrong, just my observation, which i guess i should have stated ''other side of the majority fence''. would you have been able to have understood then?

[quote=Mr Soul]Whoever said I was a "math wizard"? I'm NOT a math wizard...

with your high intellect, i thought that you would highly excel in math as well? my bad for paying that compliment..

Repeatedly telling someone they have no right to an opinion, or to shut up, or that they don't know anything, etc etc etc ...is a way to END discussion, not to continue it.
                        not me.. i enjoy commenting with my free-floating vitriol.. whose fault is it not ending? if you quit commenting, it will end, but it's ultimately your choice.

Originally posted by Mr Soul=
                        Ain't skeered
                        don't try to be hip..

Here, the moderators even try to pick fights... nice try, fellas, but even though I was born at night, I wasn't born LAST NIGHT.
                        has a moderator joined in on this thread yet? as far as calming the topic? i was almost unclear for you.. the answer is nope. speak your mind young fella'. try using words that 85% of the reading members understand. you don't always have to flaunt your intellect..

Do you mean DISSECT? And do you mean VOILA?

You piss me off with not being able to 1) spell, 2) think and 3) understand anything outside of your very limited life experience.
                        you got me... that's 3 words, 2 here, out of the thousands that i have typed to you that were misspelled.. hmmm, that's still over 99%, i'll take it and keep pissing it on you... think... just swell, but thanks. understand outside my limited life experience... funny.. you live behind a book, rather books.. i learn by doing. i learn by life's experiences, which is ten-fold of what you prolly have done.

PS: Your good looks won't last forever, Jeff. You need to start developing your brain
                        what does this have to do with the topic? i don't take it as a compliment.. my brain is developed just fine. just because when you don't get the response(s) that you are looking for, you go fishing... by the way, i look the same as i did 13 years ago... how much older are you than me? 13... i plan on looking the same, but thanks for the life lesson..

Comment

Can you spell "paranoia"?

I'll bet you can!
                          why the change? the stripe wasn't accurate? are you suggesting i'm paranoid? if so, how? why?

Comment

See my sig.
                            **Hugs** to you, Steve.

Comment

I love how MrSoul insults someone (which I don't have a problem with) and then puts a winking face after it. Like he wants to shoot you down, but be nice about it somehow by winking.

Do those winks have sexual connotation? I think they do, I'm feeling uncomfortable. I think I'm gonna sue for sexual harassment.
                              -------7-23-04----------
                              C5/6- Workin' on Recovery
                              www.darrentempleton.com
                              www.pushtowalknj.org

Comment

... funny.. you live behind a book, rather books.. i learn by doing. i learn by life's experiences, which is ten-fold of what you prolly have done.
                                I wish, Jeff. I work my ass off and then on my one day off I am expected to look at art from the Harlem Renaissance and Jasper Johns. Hey, I liked the art, didn't mind that ... but my point is, I sure wish I could live behind books! As a child, I tried mightily, but they would inevitably make me do something else.

how much older are you than me? 13... i plan on looking the same, but thanks for the life lesson..
                                I'm 49, but I look maybe 10 yrs older, which I attribute to hard living when I was young... drinking, smoking, acid, etc. Otherwise, I could have looked at least all right! (You're either a Mick or a Keith, I figure, and I am a Keith. )

Mary Ellen, you are welcome to comment on the substance of the thread, too, you know.

Comment

Working...
                                X