1 yr anniversary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 yr anniversary

One year today, I cracked my back at work. Last time I walked was getting into the house and laying on the couch thinking I really pulled a muscle this time. Little did I know. Trip to hospital,x-rays,home take buncha muscle meds, back to hospital at 0130,cat scan,freaked doctor,helicoptor ride,2 operations in 2 days,3rd one a week later,and a year in the chair. What a year.

Hang in there...and take care.

Teena

Comment

First year's a bitch, GreyBeard. You seem to be doin' good, though, and with such a large family that you mention in your profile, well, that's always a good thing...family is who we have to be there with us first, last, and always.

Best of luck to you and everybody with sci, until we can squeeze a cure out of those who control the purse strings.
      Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
      Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

graybeard just think back and keep pushing forward your a great guy with a great family.
        For every minute you're angry you lose a second of happiness

Comment

hang in there GB... each day that passes is a day closer to getting out of these chairs...

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Comment

Happy Anniv GB. Check your PM's.
            "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Comment

graybeard : glad you've made it to CC
              Daniel

Comment

GB - glad you found us, hang in there.

Best,

Chris

Comment

GB,

I did 11 last June and this got me thinking, ...what was in my head during the 1st...., you know what? I've forgotten. The 1st. day of Summer, ...now that's a different kettle of fish.
                  What I'm trying to say is, ...yes it's a b*tch, and it's not the end of the world. Lot's of GOOD things await you!

Cheers!
                  Han Tacoma

~ Artificial Intelligence is better than none! ~

Comment

Happy anniversary??? I don't think so. He's probably glad that he's still alive, but the injury anniv. is nothing to celebrate. I'll be at the 1 year mark in a couple of weeks, and Jesus Herbert Christ! The first year has been an infinite shit fest, if it doesn't get any better after this I'll be done with this sorry existence; and my only regret will be that I didn't end it sooner and save myself a world of degradation and pain.
                    De Omnibus Dubitandum

Comment

Graybeard

I remember the first time you came to chat, has it been that long?
                      Your a good man, with a great family and you will endure, I'm confident of that. One year's reflection and here you are, alive and slowly getting better I hope!

I do hope that one day we will get to meet and I look forward to all stories we can tell, haha!!

Queen
                      Your life is what you make it, and only you have that choice!

Comment

You have a great attitude mate. Enjoy your posts. The good days are still few and far between but don't let it beat you............ever
                        C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

Comment

Originally posted by Myc0
                          Happy anniversary??? I don't think so. He's probably glad that he's still alive, but the injury anniv. is nothing to celebrate. I'll be at the 1 year mark in a couple of weeks, and Jesus Herbert Christ! The first year has been an infinite shit fest, if it doesn't get any better after this I'll be done with this sorry existence; and my only regret will be that I didn't end it sooner and save myself a world of degradation and pain.
                          Each person handles it as they like. It'll be 34 years for me in June and I've celebrated every one. Some on into the next day
                          "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Myc0
                            Happy anniversary??? I don't think so. He's probably glad that he's still alive, but the injury anniv. is nothing to celebrate.
                            I echo this part - there is no way I would celebrate the day some dude decided to recklessly cause me to drive into a tree and then accelerate the hell away to never be found. The day I feel we can all rightfully celebrate it is when we're out the otherside and this bs can be put down to bad memories. ROCK ON DR. YOUNG!

Comment

Originally posted by Cherrylips
                              I echo this part - there is no way I would celebrate the day some dude decided to recklessly cause me to drive into a tree and then accelerate the hell away to never be found. The day I feel we can all rightfully celebrate it is when we're out the otherside and this bs can be put down to bad memories. ROCK ON DR. YOUNG!
                              I can certainly understand CL. I'm sure my feelings would be somewhat different had I had the same experience as you.

My accident was entirely my fault and I've accepted responsibility for that looong ago. I dove into shallow water that I knew was shallow and had done so thousands of times before. It was just a simple freak accident. It sure wouldn't be very healthy for me to hate myself every year for doing so.

Comment

Working...
                              X