Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movies

Anyone want to recommend a really good movie? Thanks.
    Last edited by roshni; 8 Dec 2005, 8:48 PM.

I see you like writing, editing and poetry.
    Have you seen 'Whithnail and I', 'Amelie'(French) or 'Betty Blue'(French) all have a bit of a literary theme.

Comment

Thanks Brocko. I'll be sure to check these out.

Comment

Most recent - The Contender

Comment

Currently out:
          Cinderella Man
          The Squid and the Whale
          Capote
          Pride & Prejudice
          Shopgirl
          Walk the Line
          Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang
          The Ice Harvest

Coming out soon:
          Mrs. Palfry at the Claremont
          Mrs. Henderson Presents
          Cape of Good Hope
          Brokeback Mountain

Movies to avoid:
          Bee Season
          Rent

Or are you looking for something you can get on DVD?

(KLD)
          The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Looking for something to rent on DVD. Thanks.

Comment

The Notebook - great flick, I just saw it today on cable. It was released in 2004, so it's probably on DVD.
              Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
              Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

Murderball is a fantastic film that just came out on DVD about a week ago, it's a riveting documentary about the sport and the stars of quad rugby, I don't like most sports films but I can't reccomend this one highly enough. Aside from that Waking Life is quite an interesting film, as are Brazil and Baraka. Fight Club is my personal favorite but I'm assuming the other ones would be more to your taste.
                De Omnibus Dubitandum

Comment

I liked the Woodsman with Kevin Bacon.
                  TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

I watched this film last night. I enjoyed it very much and would recommend it. Stars Jim Carrey (in a less manic role than usual) and Kate Winslet (she is very very good). It is a story about love, about attachment of dysfunctional souls, about memory. I found it moving.

Comment

Politically yea; movie?

Originally posted by rdf
                      The Notebook - great flick, I just saw it today on cable. It was released in 2004, so it's probably on DVD.
                      Hey, Chris;

We definitly see eye to eye on the political/liberalism thing.

I'm so into movies that I relate everyday life to scenes and quotes from favorites of mine and know the tones, themes, etc of many directors. I also get netflix for the six dvds at a time deal and pay for IMDB Pro each month.

From Pro I've come to have favorite reviewers and one that I'm very rarely in disagreement with is Peter Travers of Rolling Stone who panned The Notebook:

http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews/...player=unknown

Before you tell me and/or Travers to go do the anatomically impossible, I have not seen the movie so cannot, in all fairness, say that I like or dislike it; only that for my money Peter Travers is the best movie reviewer I've ever found and, for me, an invaluable resource.

Now you can tell me to go fuck myself.

If liberal and humane ideals could be the dominant guiding principals the world over, I'd be willing to never see a move again...but it would be a very hard thing to give up.
                      "Sometimes I just sets and thinks...
                      and sometimes I just sets.
                      "

Otis Redding I think

Comment

A movie that made me happy that I think everyone should see:

My Date With Drew. Google it for more info.
                        Blog:
                        Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Neverland.

Comment

What ever it is you choose,dont let it be the Dukes of Hazard..Thats time wasted you'll never get back..

Comment

If you can laugh at your wheeledness then watch Scary movie two.... I loose it every time I see the wheelchair racing scene
                              Don't think of yourself as an ugly person, just a beautiful monkey.
                              Always remember: if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

Comment

Working...
                              X