Sunday's Extreme Home Makeover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday's Extreme Home Makeover

... is quite possibly the best show on t.v. I just finished watching my taping of the 2 hour show. I have met most of these guys when they did a home here and they are fantastic and genuine. With all of the problems that this family goes thru on a daily basis, I hope that if you watched the show, it took you away from what you go thru temporarily and hopefully put a better outlook in your life.... I know it did for me..

Also, if you didn't tear up when Mark Wills sang...... then you must not be breathing, call 911...

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Could you believe the wrestler guy, he kicked butt. The Mom was awsome, she will not let those kids make excuses for anything. I only saw the last hour, that show makes me cry every week.
    www.cawvsports.org
    The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. ~ Don Juan Matus
    We are Virginia Tech… We must laugh again… No one deserves a tragedy… We are strong, and brave, and innocent, and unafraid…We are better than we think and not quit what we want to be…We are the Hokies…We will prevail, we will prevail, we will prevail. We ARE Virginia Tech! ~ Nikki Giovanni

Comment

That show is amazing. I watch it every week and every week i cry. It is so wonderful to see all different people getting together to help eachother in hard times.
      For every minute you're angry you lose a second of happiness

Comment

I haven't watched the show in awhile. But the two shows I saw in the past were great. And the reason is this. They do it right. They don't cut corners leaving the family in more of a financial bind than they were in to begin with. They built this one family a huge house on the lot where their old dilapidated shack was. And not only did they build it right but they furnished with ALL the stuff a new house needs. And as importantly gave them a check for 20 grand I think and paid their electric bill for a year.

You can give someone a new house but if you can't give them some breathing room to figure out and plan for all the added expenses it may be a worse nightmare than the one they were in. Their other house was tiny and had no air conditioning so the new homeowners may have a problem paying the added cost of electricity etc. and may need some time to work on a budget etc.

Another show I saw they built two houses on the lot. It was a family living together and there was a quadriplegic son who was about to get married. So they built the newlyweds-to-be their own smaller house completely furnished and handicap accessible. Had one of those tracked lifts or hoists so the guy could be lifted out of bed and transported right into the bathroom. And a completely outfitted exercise room too. It was built with the help of a professional handicap accessibility expert and/or architect.

In contrast.... the Maury Povich Exploitation Show. As an example, he had some poor kid on there who was severely handicapped and wanted a computer. So big spender Maury gets Circuit City or whoever to donate the kid a computer. It was cheap e-Machine or comparable computer (it was the compact size) with a 15 inch monitor. Not even an $80 printer or a damn joystick! Ya know, buy the kid an Alienware or top of the line Dell XPS gaming computer or something nice. And maybe a computer desk to put it on and free Internet access for a year. And maybe someone to come out to the house and tutor the kid.

Maury is making millions off that damn show and the best he can do is a $500 computer which he gets for free from just showing it on TV. God forbid if he ever took out his personal checkbook to buy his poor unfortunate guests who he's only too willing to exploit for ratings, anything of real value. One time he gave this poor single mom (maybe she was raped or something) a freakin' plastic crib and a case of Pampers for her baby. I cringe when I see how cheap he is. I'm surprised it was wasn't a used crib and used cloth diapers bought (or donated) from the Salvation Army Store! Cut her a freakin' check for 10 or 20 grand you cheap bastard!

Hey, maybe he's actually a generous man, I don't know. But from the crappy "gifts" he gives out on his show it sure doesn't seem like it!

Do it right or don't do it at all!
        "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

Comment

This is my families #1 show. Quite an inspiration to the whole family.

The wrestler dude was awesome, my wife and I decided we're gonna retire and follow Ty around and get blessed every week, lol.
          Rick

GO FORWARD! 2 FIGHT! PARALYSIS!

Comment

Rick can I tag along just to check out Ty every week
            www.cawvsports.org
            The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. ~ Don Juan Matus
            We are Virginia Tech… We must laugh again… No one deserves a tragedy… We are strong, and brave, and innocent, and unafraid…We are better than we think and not quit what we want to be…We are the Hokies…We will prevail, we will prevail, we will prevail. We ARE Virginia Tech! ~ Nikki Giovanni

Comment

This week wasn't as sappy for me this week as normal. Lobster boy at the end really cracked me up
              www.cawvsports.org

Comment

..... it was a great story this week with one AWESOME log cabin. how nice would it be to have that cabin overlooking a lake?

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

Comment

Not to mention the state of the art boat. I did get a little teary eyed when the daughter wanted a boat for her Dad for her b-day. Gotta love kids like that.
                  www.cawvsports.org

Comment

yeap.... her keeping it a secret really made it extra special to her dad....

Comment

Please watch next weeks episode. it involves a little boy, from the columbus ohio area who has spinal muscular atrophy. sma type 1 is the leading genetic killer of kids under tha age of 2. this lil guy has beaten the odds and is doing well at age 6. for more info on SMA check out www.smasupport.com

the following week should be the family who lives near me. the father, a special ed teacher, lost his wife due to a pulmonary embolism, and is raising 3 young girls. from what i have heard the house appeared nice on the outside but was a mess inside.

I love extreme home makeover, but feel thee could do so much more good if they did a modest house, and several of them, instead of just one gigantic over the top house.

Comment

Originally posted by ohiochica
                        I love extreme home makeover, but feel thee could do so much more good if they did a modest house, and several of them, instead of just one gigantic over the top house.
                        Unfortunately, that wouldn't last a season.
                        C5 injury with partial C6 function on left.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewis
                          Unfortunately, that wouldn't last a season.
                          Unfortunately you're right. I think it's called Habitat for Humanity and they don't get nearly the tv press coverage they deserve imho.

Comment

Ohiochica, just got finished watching the little boy with SMA. what a great story. does Ty and his crew have the best job or what? they really did a great job on this house for the kids..

some ppl. here were asking about cheaper prices on elevators or something comparable... check out www.abc.com and go to this episode. who knows, this may be a semi-affordable lift.....?

Comment

OMG this week was a tear jerker all the way through. Those kids where so adorable. I'm not a Curt Shilling fan but that was awsome of him to do on a day he should have been at the field, and you gotta love Mia Hamm, she rocks. I am probably going to miss next weeks Sunday night line up since we will be on our way back from Turkey day break
                              www.cawvsports.org

Comment

Working...
                              X