Good names for a website, and a good bumper sticker to put on someone's car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good names for a website, and a good bumper sticker to put on someone's car

What I may do regarding disabled parking abusers might include a website, a note to put under windshield wipers, and/or a bumper sticker to put on the person's car.

I'm trying to come up with a good name for the website. It should be something easy to remember. All I can think of is something like, disabledparkingabusers.com, or something like that. I'm sure someone can think of something better, so if you have any ideas you are willing to share, please let me know. It would be my own website where I could post pictures of these people, mostly for my own personal satisfaction, but also to hopefully educate people.

I'm also thinking about putting a bumper sticker on the back of their cars. It would say something like, "I abuse disabled parking spots", or, "I use disabled parking spots because I'm a lazy, selfish, and stupid person". (Kidding about that last one.) Anyone have any good suggestions about what it should say? It should be fairly short so that it's big enough for other drivers to see. I'm thinking I could also put my website address on the sticker.

I know this is illegal. Even putting a note under a person's windshield wipers is considered trespassing. However, I found out today that I would only possibly get in trouble if someone complained, AND I was caught in the act. That's a risk I think I'm willing to take.

There are a lot of creative and witty people here and all suggestions are appreciated!

I like RehabRhino's idea of "shame on you." I'm currently talking with the shameonyou.org owner since the site is undeveloped. Introductory talks are promising. I can see a successful "Shame on You!" campaign. The message is simple and appropriate. We'll see...
    C5 injury with partial C6 function on left.

Comment

I like that, but I was thinking it should be more specific. "Shame on you" could apply to many things.

Comment

BTW, if you do develop a website, that would be great!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shannon
          BTW, if you do develop a website, that would be great!!!
          I'm committed to it

Comment

Originally posted by Shannon
            I like that, but I was thinking it should be more specific. "Shame on you" could apply to many things.
            Marketing wise, "shame on you" would be a hit - it's catchy - and when a violator is engaged with some kind of promotional material, it sends a message.

Comment

Go for it!

Comment

ParkingOffenders?
                Blog:
                Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

my experience today

You wanna know what I ran into today. I was parking and a lady just starts shaking her head at me all rudely from her car. Let you know I drive a van. She then drives around and I am getting out of my van and she says "You need a tag on your mirror!!!!" all bitchy. I was like its on my license plate. Obviously I would have one since I am in a wheelchair and drive a wheelchair accessible van! She then tells me she is reporting me and It wasnt on my license plate. I was so irritated that I just said "Bitch please...Look again!" she then said yeah I will when your getting your ticket and she sped off. So I continued on my day annoyed from her and went into the store. Who do I see walking up, but the lady. As soon as she got in the store she grabbed an amigo! So she was mad cuz I got the space before her. I was like I bet the only thing wrong with her is she's overweight(which she by far was) and her legs couldnt tolerate the weight. She then seen me later in the store and was just shaking her head and mumbling to herself. I was like "OH QUIT SHAKING YOUR HEAD!! The buffet's down the road!!!". Not to mention she made such an uproar the workers asked me if I was okay when I came in! No I'm fine, but that lady isnt.. some people!
                  Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Comment

all ya need is a very light stock (tears easy) paper sticker with a smiling wheeler logo and caption reading....

Fine for parking in a handicap space and/ or loading zone: $250
                    Knowing you'll spend the next hour trying to get this sticker off: priceless

for legal reasons it's best to put the stickers on a side window
                    Death and taxes

Comment

Originally posted by Lewis
                      Marketing wise, "shame on you" would be a hit - it's catchy - and when a violator is engaged with some kind of promotional material, it sends a message.
                      My thinking exactly. Marketing is my job. Crap with websites etc but I can help promote it
                      C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

Comment

Bumper

use the international blue symbol of a wheelchair user followed by your message. Such as: symbol Abuser!; symbol Parking Abuser!;
                        symbol Parking Hog; symbol Parking Swine; I Abuse symbol Parking. You get the idea. If you're reluctant to actually adhere the sticker to the offending vehicle, place it under the wiper blade.

Shorty Tripp
                        You C.A.N.
                        Conquer Adversity Now

Comment

I need a #10, but how about this.

I have decided that I am going to get a pad of these printed up. Next time some ass without a plate/placard parks in HC spot, I am going to peel one off and stick it under the windshield wiper.

You are parked in a space clearly designated for disabled persons. Please circle the statement which best describes your handicap:

1. I don't read good.
                          2. I suffer from terminal laziness.
                          3. I have Attention Deficit Disorder. Huh?
                          4. My inner child was bugging me for ice cream.
                          5. My shoes are too expensive to walk in.
                          6. Wheelchair symbol? I thought it was a rocking chair!
                          7. My religion forbids acts of common courtesy.
                          8. I ignore OTHER laws, why not this one?
                          9. I AM disabled... by a painfully swollen ego.
                          10. [add your own!]

all ya need is a very light stock (tears easy) paper sticker with a smiling wheeler logo and caption reading....

Fine for parking in a handicap space and/ or loading zone: $250
                          Knowing you'll spend the next hour trying to get this sticker off: priceless

for legal reasons it's best to put the stickers on a side window.
                          what about the rear window? that way the person FOLLOWING the ass knows that they are an ass too?
                          http://official-linerider.com/index.html

Comment

Thanks for the replys.

I think I may as well scrap the website idea considering I'm clueless how to even create one.

I like both those ideas for the bumper stickers cspine and Redneck.

Comment

Shannon

When I was an AB, I used to put pre-printed cards under the wipers that said, "Thanks for taking up two parking spaces, (I had to park in the next block), or
                              (I had to park in the back forty) if it was mall parking.

I like the idea of an 18" suctioned type plastic flag placed in the center of their trunk or on top of the car which has a wheelchair with a circle and a line thru it on the one side, and the other side reads, "We got your Lic# now, next time we call police (in bold print).

Shame there's no way to compile an abuser listing within a certain website...by Lic#, then we could up the anty each time they offended. Police could take their $200(?) fine each time and we would get the surplus put into a specified SCI Fund.
                              First offense $250, Second offense $350, Third offense $450..

I know I'm dreamin'

Queen
                              Your life is what you make it, and only you have that choice!

Comment

Working...
                              X